PETER AND PAUL PREACHED DIFFERENT GOSPELS

Bradley D

I didn't ask about endurance... endurance is not even mentioned in the passage that you quoted. I asked about patience.

So again I ask: Do you know what "patience" Peter is talking about?

Yes it is. For the Christian patience requires suffering long, perseverance, endurance....

perseverance;
ὑπομονήν (hypomonēn)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's Greek 5281: Endurance, steadfastness, patient waiting for. From hupomeno; cheerful endurance, constancy.

Right Divider

Body part
Yes it is. For the Christian patience requires suffering long, perseverance, endurance....

perseverance;
ὑπομονήν (hypomonēn)
Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular
Strong's Greek 5281: Endurance, steadfastness, patient waiting for. From hupomeno; cheerful endurance, constancy.

This is the verse that you quoted and it contains NEITHER perseverance NOR endurance.
"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity" (2 Peter 1:5-7).

So for the third time I ask: Do you know what "patience" Peter is talking about?

Bradley D

This is the verse that you quoted and it contains NEITHER perseverance NOR endurance.

So for the third time I ask: Do you know what "patience" Peter is talking about?

That is the greek word used for patience. That is the understanding of patience in that verse.

Right Divider

Body part
That is the greek word used for patience. That is the understanding of patience in that verse.

Peter is not preaching "generic" patience. Continue reading...

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. (II Peter 1:10-11 [KJVA]

Does anyone in the body of Christ not have "their calling and election sure"?

Notice the FUTURE TENSE language about entering the kingdom?

The patience that Peter is talking about is waiting for the establishment of the kingdom at Christ's return.

This is the same reason that Peter speaks of a FUTURE salvation in 1 Peter 1:5

Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. (I Peter 1:5 [KJVA])

God's Truth

Peter and Paul did not preach the same gospel messages. Below are the differences between the gospels and Apostleship's of Peter and Paul.
You are badly mistaken believing and preaching false doctrines. You are commanded by God to stop doing that.
Timothy 1:3 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer

Peter's Apostleship: His Apostleship was commanded by Jesus Christ along with the other eleven disciples before Paul.
Paul admits he is one unnaturally born, since he wasn’t an apostle like the others while Jesus walked the earth, but he declares he was still taught by Jesus but after Jesus had ascended.
Galatians 1:1Paul, an apostle—sent not from men nor by a man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father,

1 Corinthians 15:8
8And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

Peter was primarily the Apostle to Israel
That is how it began. However, Jesus says to all nations, beginning with Jerusalem.

Luke 24:47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Paul first preached to the people of Israel, but they didn’t trust him, so Jesus sent him to the Gentiles.
Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Did you read that? FIRST to those in Damascus and then to those in Juerusalem and all in Judea! THOSE ARE THE JEWS!

Acts 22:19 ‘Lord,’ I answered, ‘they know very well that in one synagogue after another I imprisoned and beat those who believed in You. 20 And when the blood of Your witness Stephen was shed, I stood there giving my approval and watching over the garments of those who killed him.’ 21 Then He said to me, ‘Go! I will send you far away to the Gentiles.’”

Now that you know the truth, are you going to believe it and stop preaching your false doctrines?

CONT.

God's Truth

Peter's Justification: Peter and the other eleven Apostles taught justification unto eternal life by believing on the name of Jesus; by believing Jesus is Christ, the Son of God (Acts 10:43 Matthew 16:16 Acts 4:12 Acts 2:36 John 20:31).

Peter preached that Israel under the old covenant was redeemed and cleansed by the crucifixion and shed blood of Jesus (Matthew 26:28 Hebrews 9:15 1 Peter 1:2 1 Peter 1:18-19 1 Peter 2:24). Peter preached forgiveness of sin at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19).
Peter said it was the SAME to the GENTILES.
Acts 10
44While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46For they heard them speaking in tongues b and praising God.
Then Peter said, 47“Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.

Acts 8:36 As they traveled along the road and came to some water, the eunuch said, "Look, here is water! What can prevent me from being baptized?"

Acts 10:44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard his message.

Acts 11:17 So if God gave them the same gift as He gave us who believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, who was I to hinder the work of God?"

Acts 15:8 And God, who knows the heart, showed His approval by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as He did to us.

PETER is the ONE WHO HAD THE VISION. [h=3]Peter’s Vision[/h]
Acts 10:9-16

9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

God's Truth

Paul's Justification: Paul taught justification unto eternal life by the cross
Justification by faith that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again for complete salvation unto eternal
Paul taught forgiveness of all sin now by the blood of Jesus

Peter's gospel: Peter preached remission of sins in the name of Jesus.
Good grief, Paul and Peter taught the same thing.
It is remission of sins and salvation to ALL WHO CALL ON THE NAME OF JESUS.

ALL, JEWS AND GENTILE, those who repent of their sins and have faith that Jesus washes those sins away---THEY CALL ON HIS NAME.

Acts 9:20 Paul began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God. All those who heard him were astonished and asked, “Isn’t he the man who raised havoc in Jerusalem among those who call on this name? And hasn’t he come here to take them as prisoners to the chief priests?

2 Timothy 2:19Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness."

2 Timothy 2:22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

God's Truth

Peter taught the gospel of the kingdom
The kingdom of Christ and God; the kingdom of our Lord and his Christ; his kingdom and glory; the kingdom of God; the kingdom of his beloved Son; the kingdom of heaven; and the kingdom of light---ARE ALL THE SAME KINGDOM.

That is SPIRITUAL.
The kingdom of heaven is within us is about Jesus living inside you, and that is when we live inside Jesus. THAT is when we BECOME part of the BODY OF CHRIST.

the kingdom of Christ and God." Ephesians 5:5
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever.’" Revelation 11:15
who calls you into his kingdom and glory. 1 Thessalonians 2:12

the kingdom of God is within you."Luke 17:20-21

the kingdom of God ahead of you. Matthew 21:31.

the kingdom of God has come to you. Luke 11:20

the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, Romans 14:17

the kingdom of God.” Mark 12:34

the kingdom of God has come upon you. Matthew 11:28

the kingdom of his beloved Son," Colossians 1:13

the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to. Matthew 23:13

the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.
Matthew 11:12

The kingdom of heaven is like yeast that a woman took and mixed into a large amount of flour until it worked all through the dough.” Matthew 13:33

the kingdom of light. Colossians 1:12

God's Truth

Israel would inherit the promise of the Davidic kingdom on earth
Israel would rule and reign with Jesus for a thousand year period
Israel would be a light for salvation unto the Gentile nations that would enter the kingdom
The LIGHT already came from Israel, Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the First Born, Israel.
All who are in Christ are Israel.
John 1:9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
Exodus 4:22 And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:
Galatians 3:7 Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham.

Jesus is ruling now, and all who are saved are seated with him are ruling with him

1 Corinthians 6:17 But whoever is united with the Lord is one with him in spirit.

Ephesians 2:6 And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus,

Colossians 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Colossians 3:3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Colossians 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,

Romans 8:9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

God's Truth

Paul's gospel: Paul taught the gospel of the uncircumcision].
Paul taught salvation to all freely by faith in Christ apart from the covenants of Israel, and apart from keeping the law.
Paul taught the same one and only gospel to the CIRUCMISED JEWS and to the GENTILES.
PAUL EVEN CIRCUCMISED TIMOTHY so that he can help Paul TEACH THE JEWS THE ONE AND ONLY GOSPEL.

Acts16:3 Paul wanted to take him along on the journey, so he circumcised him because of the Jews who lived in that area, for they all knew that his father was a Greek.

God's Truth

Peter and the resurrection: Peter preached the gospel of the circumcision
Peter preached the one and only gospel to those who WERE ALREADY CIRCUMCISED about circumcision being NOTHING ANYMORE but being circumcised by Jesus in the heart is all that mattered!
Circumcision was ONLY A TEACHING TOOL and a SHADOW of JESUS.
Jesus came and the SHADOW IS GONE.
THE GENTILES WERE CALLED UNCLEAN because they were NOT CIRCUMCISED IN THE FLESH as the sign that they did the purification works of the law. REMEMBER THOUGH what the vision God gave to Peter was! It is about GOD MAKING SOMEONE CLEAN. It is NO MORE OF CIRCUMCISION IN THE FLESH.

Acts 10
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

God's Truth

Israel under the old covenant promises was promised to be a holy nation, a kingdom of kings and priests to rule over the Gentile nations with Christ
Jesus is sitting on the throne over Israel and over all nations now.
Jesus is ruling now and until all enemies are under his feet.

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Ephesians 1:21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

1 Corinthians 15:24 Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

God was the King over Israel, and the Jews rejected God and wanted a man as their king.

1 Samuel 8:7 6But the thing was displeasing in the sight of Samuel when they said, "Give us a king to judge us." And Samuel prayed to the LORD. 7The LORD said to Samuel, "Listen to the voice of the people in regard to all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected Me from being king over them.

That means whoever was king was king over God's kingdom. JESUS is the one on God’s throne and ruling now.

Right Divider

Body part
Poor confused GT.... feels the need to be right even when she's wrong.

God called Paul and gave him MANY revelations... that means God gave Paul MANY things that nobody else had known.

You disagree with God GT.

Right Divider

Body part
Jesus is sitting on the throne over Israel and over all nations now.
Mat 25:31-33 KJV When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: (32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: (33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Please do tell us, when did this happen?

God's Truth

Poor confused GT.... feels the need to be right even when she's wrong.

God called Paul and gave him MANY revelations... that means God gave Paul MANY things that nobody else had known.

You disagree with God GT.

Your silly opinions are no defense for anything. Deal with what I posted and reply accordingly. No one wants or needs to hear what you have to say about me.

God's Truth

Please do tell us, when did this happen?

That IS THE GREAT WHITE THRONE judgment.

The throne is the white clouds when Jesus sits on it and raises the dead---some to eternal life with him, and the others to eternal damnation.

Great White Throne
Revelation 14:14
And I looked and saw a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was One like the Son of Man, with a golden crown on His head and a sharp sickle in His hand.