PETER AND PAUL PREACHED DIFFERENT GOSPELS

3rdAngel

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. That's four. And that according to Paul. That's five.

Same gospel "according to" is the key word here, Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John and Paul. The Gospel is JESUS Christ, the word of God. That is all the bible which points to JESUS and God's plan of salvation. The Word of God (the bible) is the gospel of Jesus Chrsit.

Lon

The book of Revelation was written by John.
Yep. As I said, perhaps not clearly enough, John was the only Apostle alive at the writing of Revelation and I agree with you, he'd be interested in a Jewish message. So, it was a point of consensus. Such things are very good points (again thanks).

I would highly recommend that you read Commentary on Revelation by E.W. Bullinger

P.S. I don't agree with everything that Bullinger writes, but this one is really good.
I'll take a look.
Thanks

Right Divider

Body part
Actually no dear RD. There is only one gospel. The word "gospel" simply means "good news".
Exactly... gospel simply means good news and there is more than one good news in the Bible.

The gospel is the word of God according to the scriptures and it is the Word of God that all points to JESUS and God's plan of salvation for mankind which is all good news to those who believe God's Word and follow it.
No, it is not. You're just making thing up and passing it off as something that it's not.

3rdAngel

Exactly... gospel simply means good news and there is more than one good news in the Bible.

No, it is not. You're just making thing up and passing it off as something that it's not.

Read what you have written. Your post is contradicting itself. How can the gospel mean different things (which is what I am saying) as it is the bible when in the next breath your saying it does not? The gospel according to the scriptures is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible). The bible is the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ.

Right Divider

Body part
Read what you have written. Your post is contradicting itself.
There is nothing the slightest bit contradictory about what I wrote.

How can the gospel mean different things (which is what I am saying) as it is the bible when in the next breath your saying it does not?
The word "gospel", as you and I have both agreed, simply means "good news". There are plenty of "good news'" in the Bible.

To try to force all "good news" to be the exact same "good news" is ridiculous.

The gospel according to the scriptures is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible). The bible is the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ.
You keep making this claim without supporting it from the scriptures. The scriptures have many gospels.

Quit repeating your mantra and actually support it from the Bible.

3rdAngel

There is nothing the slightest bit contradictory about what I wrote.

The word "gospel", as you and I have both agreed, simply means "good news". There are plenty of "good news'" in the Bible.

To try to force all "good news" to be the exact same "good news" is ridiculous.

You keep making this claim without supporting it from the scriptures. The scriptures have many gospels.

Quit repeating your mantra and actually support it from the Bible.

Not really dear friend. Your post is contradicting itself and the bible. How can the gospel mean different things which is you agreeing with what I posted earlier, as the gospel is the bible when in the next breath your saying it does not? According to the scriptures, the gospel is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible). The whole bible is the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ. It is you repeating your mantra, I have only sharing what the scriptures teach and that is the gospel according to the scriptures is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible).

Right Divider

Body part
Not really dear friend.
You don't even know me, so you're being disengenous.

Your post is contradicting itself.
Quit repeating your lies.

How can the gospel mean different things which you agreeing with what I posted earlier, as the gospel is the bible when in the next breath your saying it does not?
I never said that "the gospel is the Bible". I would never said something silly like that.

What I agreed to is that "gospel simply means good news".

According to the scriptures, the gospel according to the scriptures is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible). The bible is the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ. It is you repeating your mantra, I have only sharing what the scriptures teach and that is the gospel according to the scriptures is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible).
So AGAIN you make your vain claims without the slightest attempt show this FROM THE SCRIPTURE.

There are many gospels in the Bible. For example, there is the gospel of the kingdom. There is also the gospel of the grace of God.

Both are good news, but they are NOT identical.

3rdAngel

You don't even know me, so you're being disengenous.

Quit repeating your lies.

I never said that "the gospel is the Bible". I would never said something silly like that.

What I agreed to is that "gospel simply means good news".

So AGAIN you make your vain claims without the slightest attempt show this FROM THE SCRIPTURE.

There are many gospels in the Bible. For example, there is the gospel of the kingdom. There is also the gospel of the grace of God.

Both are good news, but they are NOT identical.

Not really dear friend. I treat all those who claim faith in Jesus Christ as my friends so nope nothing disengenous here. Your post has no truth in it as I have not posted any lies only a summary of God's Word. I never said you said that the gospel is the bible. I did. You posted the gospel means many different things which is what I already posted. Your contradicting yourself again. While it is true that there are different parts of the gospel in the bible which is what I have already posted, they are all one big gospel and point to JESUS who is the living word of God. Therefore JESUS is the gospel revealed in the written Word of God. The bible is the gospel of JESUS Christ. This is what the scriptures teach. If your teaching something different your teachings a different gospel to that which is given us from God. You have no posted any scripture that disagrees with what I have posted here dear friend because there is no scripture as the scriptures teach what I have shared here with you but it seems you do not believe them.

Right Divider

Body part
Not really dear friend. I treat all those who claim faith in Jesus Christ as my friends so nope nothing disengenous here. Your post has no truth in it as I have not posted any lies only a summary of God's Word. I never said you said that the gospel is the bible. I did. No you said the gospel means many different things which is what I already posted.
You are very dishonest. I did NOT, I repeat, DID NOT say that "the gospel means many different things". I said that gospel simply means good news and that there are many "good news'" in the Bible.

Your contradicting yourself again.
No, I am not. But you are showing yourself to be an habitual liar.

While it is true that there are different parts of the gospel in the bible. They are all one and point to JESUS who is the living word of God. Therefore JESUS is the gospel revealed in the written Word of God. The bible is the gospel of JESUS Christ. This is what the scriptures teach. If your teaching something difference your teachings a different gospel to that which is given us from God.
You keep repeating this mantra as if it's true. And AGAIN you will not even attempt to show what scripture says FROM SCRIPTURE.

I see from another post that you belong to the SDA cult. That explains a lot of your confusion.

3rdAngel

You are very dishonest. I did NOT, I repeat, DID NOT say that "the gospel means many different things". I said that gospel simply means good news and that there are many "good news'" in the Bible. No, I am not. But you are showing yourself to be an habitual liar.

Not really dear friend. I have not lied about anything. I have only posted the truth but it seems you do not believe it. These are your words not mine are they not? Maybe you forgot what you posted earlier...

Originally posted by Right Divider View Post There are many gospels in the Bible.

If you wish to have an honest discussion let's do so. There is no need for name calling dear friend. If you do not want to discuss the scriptures with me then I guess our discussion is over because to me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and tradtions of men that break the commandments of God. We should not be afraid to test what we believe through the scriptures as they are the light of the world and help us to know what is right and what is wrong. What is truth and what is error and if we are following God's Word or not following God's Word.

You keep repeating this mantra as if it's true. And AGAIN you will not even attempt to show what scripture says FROM SCRIPTURE.

You mean your mantra don't you? Hmm who says I am not willing to share scripture? I just summarised it. If you are not interested in the scriptures I share with you then it is a waste of everyones time. If you would like me to show it directly from the scriptures I am happy to.

Do you want to see the scriptures and if you do will you believe them?

Right Divider

Body part
Not really dear friend. I have not lied about anything.
I've already plainly shown that you have more than once.

I have only posted the truth but it seems you do not believe it.
Everyone likes to say that about their opponent. Problem is that it's FALSE in your case.

These are your words not mine are they not? Maybe you forgot what you posted earlier...
I know what I posted. There are many gospels IN THE BIBLE.

If you wish to have an honest discussion let's do so. No need for name calling and if you do not want to discuss the scriptures with me then I guess our discussion is over because to me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and tradtions of men that break the commandments of God. We should not be afraid to test what we believe through the scriptures as they are the light of the world and help us to know what is right and what is wrong. What is truth and what is error.
When you lie... I will call you a liar. That's not "name calling", it's called telling the truth.

Hmm who says? If you would like me to show it from the scriptures I am happy to. Do you want to see the scriptures?
Many times already you've CLAIMED that the scripture says something, but the SCRIPTURE is noticeably MISSING from your posts.

3rdAngel

You are very dishonest. I did NOT, I repeat, DID NOT say that "the gospel means many different things". I said that gospel simply means good news and that there are many "good news'" in the Bible. No, I am not. But you are showing yourself to be an habitual liar.

Not really dear friend. I have not lied about anything (emphasis in red in your posts). I have only posted the truth but it seems you do not believe it. Your simply repeating yourself again and reposting your mantra. These are your words not mine are they not? Maybe you forgot what you posted earlier...

Originally posted by Right Divider View PostThere are many gospels in the Bible.

The above are all your words not mine that you said you did not post and prove your not telling the truth. You do not have to apologise if you do not want to. I will leave that between you and God to work through.

Now dear friend once again if you wish to have an honest discussion let's do so. There is no need for name calling dear friend. If you do not want to discuss the scriptures with me then I guess our discussion is over because to me only God's Word is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and tradtions of men that break the commandments of God. We should not be afraid to test what we believe through the scriptures as they are the light of the world and help us to know what is right and what is wrong. What is truth and what is error and if we are following God's Word or not following God's Word.

You mean your mantra don't you? Hmm who says I am not willing to share scripture? I just summarised it. If you are not interested in the scriptures I share with you then it is a waste of everyones time. If you would like me to show that all the Word of God (the bible) is the gospel directly from the scriptures I am happy to.

Do you want to see the scriptures and if you do will you believe them?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Not really dear friend. I have not lied about anything (emphasis in red in your posts). I have only posted the truth but it seems you do not believe it. Your simply repeating yourself again and reposting your mantra. These are your words not mine are they not? Maybe you forgot what you posted earlier...
Perhaps you have a mental disability and cannot understand plain English. These two statements are NOT THE SAME.
  • There are many gospels in the Bible (what I actually said).
  • The gospel means many different things (the LIE that you told about what I said).
The above are all your words not mine that you said you did not post and prove your not telling the truth. You do not have to apologise if you do not want to. I will leave that between you and God to work through.
You are the liar and not me. I have nothing to apologize for.

I will not continue to try to discuss truth with an habitual liar.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Perhaps you have a mental disability and cannot understand plain English. These two statements are NOT THE SAME.
  • There are many gospels in the Bible (what I actually said).
  • The gospel means many different things (the LIE that you told about what I said).
You are the liar and not me. I have nothing to apologize for.

I will not continue to try to discuss truth with an habitual liar.

What is sad I believe is you calling yourself a Christian and your name calling without addressing the post and scriptures shared with you which is quite sad and does not help your cause. If you believe you have the truth whu not be friendly and share the truth? All your showing here is that you do not want to address the posts and scriptures that disagree with you. If you do not want to discuss these posts and scriptures shared with you just say so. I will leave this beteween you and God to work through. Love BTW is the fruit of God's Spirit. Look at what you have written it contradicts itself. I asked you earlier how can there be "many Gospels" and they not mean different things? If they were all the same they they could not be "many". Let me know when you want to address the posts and scripture, until then I will leave this between you and God to work through. None of us dear friend unless we are born again to love will not enter into the Kingdom of heaven.

May you receive God's Word and be blessed.

Lon

Not really dear friend. Your post is contradicting itself and the bible. How can the gospel mean different things which is you agreeing with what I posted earlier, as the gospel is the bible when in the next breath your saying it does not? According to the scriptures, the gospel is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible). The whole bible is the gospel (good news) of Jesus Christ. It is you repeating your mantra, I have only sharing what the scriptures teach and that is the gospel according to the scriptures is JESUS CHRIST who is living Word of God revealed in the written Word of God (the bible).

It is the difference between Dispensational, MidActsDispensational (MAD) and other systematic theologies (Covenant). You have to know 1) where you are posting (a MAD board), 2) who you are conversing with (MAD mostly, I'm not), and 3) the difference.

At that point, the BEST tack is to ask questions so that presuppositions aren't glossed over. At present, you are trying to teach rather than discuss, and seem ignorant of MAD theology. It is probably okay, seeing that this is placed in the debate section, BUT it'd be a good idea to read up a bit before jumping in.

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Galatians 1:6-9, for instance, talks about a gospel, that is horrible and not good news at all. So, in a conversation like this, it is better to understand that we agree to some extent that not all good news, is 'good' news (gospel). Afterward, we could discuss whether there is only one good news or not. For the most part, MAD (people you are talking with) believe in one gospel today but also believe God has something good and different in store for Israel (good news (gospel) but different in plan from salvation through Jesus Christ. I can agree with MAD on some of this while disagreeing over details because I realize they are talking about differences between what the disciples preached door to door and what we today preach door to door, etc.

A few thoughts -Lon

3rdAngel

It is the difference between Dispensational, MidActsDispensational (MAD) and other systematic theologies (Covenant). You have to know 1) where you are posting (a MAD board), 2) who you are conversing with (MAD mostly, I'm not), and 3) the difference.

At that point, the BEST tack is to ask questions so that presuppositions aren't glossed over. At present, you are trying to teach rather than discuss, and seem ignorant of MAD theology. It is probably okay, seeing that this is placed in the debate section, BUT it'd be a good idea to read up a bit before jumping in.

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: “Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans. 6 Go rather to the lost sheep of Israel. 7 As you go, proclaim this message: ‘The kingdom of heaven has come near.’ 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy,[a] drive out demons. Freely you have received; freely give.

Galatians 1:6-9, for instance, talks about a gospel, that is horrible and not good news at all. So, in a conversation like this, it is better to understand that we agree to some extent that not all good news, is 'good' news (gospel). Afterward, we could discuss whether there is only one good news or not. For the most part, MAD (people you are talking with) believe in one gospel today but also believe God has something good and different in store for Israel (good news (gospel) but different in plan from salvation through Jesus Christ. I can agree with MAD on some of this while disagreeing over details because I realize they are talking about differences between what the disciples preached door to door and what we today preach door to door, etc.

A few thoughts -Lon

Hi Lon, thanks for your post but I do not see it this way at all. It is actually way more simpler in my view. It all comes down to how the bible defines what the Gospel is. I see it a little different to those explanation you have provided. I see the gospel as being the complete Word of God, both the old and new testament scriptures that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation for all mankind. I may start up another thread a little latter. Thanks for triyng to be helpful though.

God bless.

Lon

Hi Lon, thanks for your post but I do not see it this way at all. It is actually way more simpler in my view. It all comes down to how the bible defines what the Gospel is. I see it a little different to those explanation you have provided. I see the gospel as being the complete Word of God, both the old and new testament scriptures that point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation for all mankind. I may start up another thread a little latter. Thanks for triyng to be helpful though.

God bless.

Understood, but, if I may, "try to climb into the mindset of those you are discussing these things with." They do see 'good news' as 'good' whenever it comes from God, BUT different from Jew to gentile and different to this age. They see God's economy (way He works with people) as changing "dispensations." Again, knowing terms and audience helps quite a bit in these discussions.
-Lon

God's Truth

Peter and Paul did not preach the same gospel messages. Below are the differences between the gospels and Apostleship's of Peter and Paul.

Peter's Apostleship: His Apostleship was commanded by Jesus Christ along with the other eleven disciples before Paul. Peter was primarily the Apostle to Israel (Galatians 2:8). Peter's Apostleship was diminishing after Paul was converted.

Paul's Apostleship: Paul was persecuting the church of God before being converted. After his conversion Paul was given revelations from the Lord Jesus Christ; Paul did not learn from any man including the twelve Apostles (Galatians 1:12). Paul was primarily the Apostle to Gentiles (Romans 11:13 2 Timothy 1:11).

Peter's Justification: Peter and the other eleven Apostles taught justification unto eternal life by believing on the name of Jesus; by believing Jesus is Christ, the Son of God (Acts 10:43 Matthew 16:16 Acts 4:12 Acts 2:36 John 20:31).

Peter preached that Israel under the old covenant was redeemed and cleansed by the crucifixion and shed blood of Jesus (Matthew 26:28 Hebrews 9:15 1 Peter 1:2 1 Peter 1:18-19 1 Peter 2:24). Peter preached forgiveness of sin at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19).

Paul's Justification: Paul taught justification unto eternal life by the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 Galatians 6:14 Colossians 1:20). Justification by faith that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again for complete salvation unto eternal life (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Colossians 2:10). Paul taught forgiveness of all sin now by the blood of Jesus (Ephesians 1:7).

Peter's gospel: Peter preached remission of sins in the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43). Peter taught the gospel of the kingdom (Luke 9:2 Luke 9:6 2 Peter 1:11). Israel would inherit the promise of the Davidic kingdom on earth (Luke 1:32 Genesis 13:15). Israel would rule and reign with Jesus for a thousand year period (Revelation 20:6). Israel would be a light for salvation unto the Gentile nations that would enter the kingdom (Isaiah 60:3).

Paul's gospel: Paul taught the gospel of the uncircumcision (Galatians 2:7). Paul taught salvation to all freely by faith in Christ apart from the covenants of Israel, and apart from keeping the law (Romans 9:4 Romans 3:28 Galatians 2:19).

Peter and the resurrection: Peter preached the gospel of the circumcision (Galatians 2:7). Israel under the old covenant promises was promised to be a holy nation, a kingdom of kings and priests to rule over the Gentile nations with Christ (Revelation 1:6 Exodus 19:6 Revelation 5:10). Peter preached that the resurrection of Christ gave Israel assurance of that coming kingdom because Christ was raised to sit on the throne of David in that prophetic kingdom (1 Peter 1:3 Acts 3:25 Acts 2:30). Peter preached the receiving of the Holy Ghost to empower Israel to enter the kingdom (Luke 24:49 Acts 1:8 Acts 2:33 Acts 2:38).

Paul and the resurrection: Paul taught that Christ was risen for our justification (Romans 4:25).

Peter and works: Peter preached works as necessary for salvation in order to enter the kingdom (Acts 10:35 1 Peter 1:15 1 Peter 2:9 2 Peter 1:10-11). Peter preached to Israel repentance and baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38). Peter preached holiness, and to remain steadfast unto the coming of Jesus and his kingdom (2 Peter 3:17).

Paul and works: Paul taught salvation without works (Titus 3:5 Romans 4:6 Ephesians 2:8-9).

Peter and the church: Peter preached to Israel (Acts 3:12). Gentiles had to come through Israel and it's covenants to be added to the church (Exodus 12:48 Acts 11:1); Gentiles had to believe the preaching of the word delivered to Israel as preached by Peter (Acts 13:48).

Paul and the church: Paul taught the church as the body of Christ, a new creature where there was neither Jew or Gentile (Galatians 6:15 Galatians 3:28 Ephesians 2:14).

Peter and heaven: Peter taught that Israel would receive the kingdom on earth ( Luke 9:2 Luke 9:6 2 Peter 1:11 Acts 2:30). He taught their reward was stored in heaven but not in heaven (1 Peter 1:4).

Paul and heaven: Paul taught the church seated with Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).

Both Peter and Paul were ordained of God to preach the gospel. Those who believed their gospels are in Christ. Peter's gospel faded away as Israel was diminished, and is not the gospel that is preached today. Paul preaches the gospel by which we are saved today. Paul in his epistles reveal the mysteries and doctrine for the church today.

Here Paul explains to the Gentiles that they are suffering from their own people just as the Jews who believe in Christ suffer from their own people.
The Jews are called a church just as the Gentiles.
Paul even says that Jews tried to stop the Gentiles from hearing the one and only gospel that saves so that the Gentiles wouldn't get saved too.

1 Thessalonians 2:14 For you, brothers and sisters, became imitators of God’s churches in Judea, which are in Christ Jesus: You suffered from your own people the same things those churches suffered from the Jews 15 who killed the Lord Jesus and the prophets and also drove us out. They displease God and are hostile to everyone 16 in their effort to keep us from speaking to the Gentiles so that they may be saved. In this way they always heap up their sins to the limit. The wrath of God has come upon them at last.

God's Truth

Understood, but, if I may, "try to climb into the mindset of those you are discussing these things with." They do see 'good news' as 'good' whenever it comes from God, BUT different from Jew to gentile and different to this age. They see God's economy (way He works with people) as changing "dispensations." Again, knowing terms and audience helps quite a bit in these discussions.
-Lon

The good news is Jesus Christ the one and only gospel that saves.

John 1:13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.