PETER AND PAUL PREACHED DIFFERENT GOSPELS

DougE

Peter and Paul did not preach the same gospel messages. Below are the differences between the gospels and Apostleship's of Peter and Paul.

Peter's Apostleship: His Apostleship was commanded by Jesus Christ along with the other eleven disciples before Paul. Peter was primarily the Apostle to Israel (Galatians 2:8). Peter's Apostleship was diminishing after Paul was converted.

Paul's Apostleship: Paul was persecuting the church of God before being converted. After his conversion Paul was given revelations from the Lord Jesus Christ; Paul did not learn from any man including the twelve Apostles (Galatians 1:12). Paul was primarily the Apostle to Gentiles (Romans 11:13 2 Timothy 1:11).

Peter's Justification: Peter and the other eleven Apostles taught justification unto eternal life by believing on the name of Jesus; by believing Jesus is Christ, the Son of God (Acts 10:43 Matthew 16:16 Acts 4:12 Acts 2:36 John 20:31).

Peter preached that Israel under the old covenant was redeemed and cleansed by the crucifixion and shed blood of Jesus (Matthew 26:28 Hebrews 9:15 1 Peter 1:2 1 Peter 1:18-19 1 Peter 2:24). Peter preached forgiveness of sin at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19).

Paul's Justification: Paul taught justification unto eternal life by the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 Galatians 6:14 Colossians 1:20). Justification by faith that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again for complete salvation unto eternal life (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Colossians 2:10). Paul taught forgiveness of all sin now by the blood of Jesus (Ephesians 1:7).

Peter's gospel: Peter preached remission of sins in the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43). Peter taught the gospel of the kingdom (Luke 9:2 Luke 9:6 2 Peter 1:11). Israel would inherit the promise of the Davidic kingdom on earth (Luke 1:32 Genesis 13:15). Israel would rule and reign with Jesus for a thousand year period (Revelation 20:6). Israel would be a light for salvation unto the Gentile nations that would enter the kingdom (Isaiah 60:3).

Paul's gospel: Paul taught the gospel of the uncircumcision (Galatians 2:7). Paul taught salvation to all freely by faith in Christ apart from the covenants of Israel, and apart from keeping the law (Romans 9:4 Romans 3:28 Galatians 2:19).

Peter and the resurrection: Peter preached the gospel of the circumcision (Galatians 2:7). Israel under the old covenant promises was promised to be a holy nation, a kingdom of kings and priests to rule over the Gentile nations with Christ (Revelation 1:6 Exodus 19:6 Revelation 5:10). Peter preached that the resurrection of Christ gave Israel assurance of that coming kingdom because Christ was raised to sit on the throne of David in that prophetic kingdom (1 Peter 1:3 Acts 3:25 Acts 2:30). Peter preached the receiving of the Holy Ghost to empower Israel to enter the kingdom (Luke 24:49 Acts 1:8 Acts 2:33 Acts 2:38).

Paul and the resurrection: Paul taught that Christ was risen for our justification (Romans 4:25).

Peter and works: Peter preached works as necessary for salvation in order to enter the kingdom (Acts 10:35 1 Peter 1:15 1 Peter 2:9 2 Peter 1:10-11). Peter preached to Israel repentance and baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38). Peter preached holiness, and to remain steadfast unto the coming of Jesus and his kingdom (2 Peter 3:17).

Paul and works: Paul taught salvation without works (Titus 3:5 Romans 4:6 Ephesians 2:8-9).

Peter and the church: Peter preached to Israel (Acts 3:12). Gentiles had to come through Israel and it's covenants to be added to the church (Exodus 12:48 Acts 11:1); Gentiles had to believe the preaching of the word delivered to Israel as preached by Peter (Acts 13:48).

Paul and the church: Paul taught the church as the body of Christ, a new creature where there was neither Jew or Gentile (Galatians 6:15 Galatians 3:28 Ephesians 2:14).

Peter and heaven: Peter taught that Israel would receive the kingdom on earth ( Luke 9:2 Luke 9:6 2 Peter 1:11 Acts 2:30). He taught their reward was stored in heaven but not in heaven (1 Peter 1:4).

Paul and heaven: Paul taught the church seated with Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).

Both Peter and Paul were ordained of God to preach the gospel. Those who believed their gospels are in Christ. Peter's gospel faded away as Israel was diminished, and is not the gospel that is preached today. Paul preaches the gospel by which we are saved today. Paul in his epistles reveal the mysteries and doctrine for the church today.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
GALATIANS 2 - Paul Opposes Cephas

When Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned.

For before certain men came from James, he used to eat with the Gentiles. But when they arrived, he began to draw back and separate himself from the Gentiles because he was afraid of those who belonged to the circumcision group.

The other Jews joined him in his hypocrisy, so that by their hypocrisy even Barnabas was led astray.

When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?

“We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles

know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

“But if, in seeking to be justified in Christ, we Jews find ourselves also among the sinners, doesn’t that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not!

If I rebuild what I destroyed, then I really would be a lawbreaker.

“For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”
************************************************** ************************************************** **************************************************
Here we have the 2 most revered representatives of early Christianity, Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, accusing Peter (Cephas), the Apostle to the Jews, of "not acting in line with the truth of the gospel."

The Jerusalem Church, under the leadership of James, saw Christianity as an extension of Judaism whereby male Gentile converts were expected to submit to circumcision to become Jews, as required under Mosaic Law, before they could be accepted accepted as Christians!

Throughout his ministry, Paul had a running feud with those he referred to as "Judaizers" (circumcision group) who preached a Gospel that required "circumcision!"

It is within this context that Paul portrays Peter and Barnabas as rather weak characters for refusing to eat with their Gentile converts stemming from their fear of the "certain men came from James" to ensure that they were following Jewish customs!

Given that the Jerusalem Church itself later became a victim of the Roman destruction of Jerusalem, the focal point of the Christian Church would shift to Rome where it was Paul's Gospel that Gentile Christians would embrace and go on to become the vast majority of converts after the 1st C.

It is ironic that it was Peter, the Apostle to the Jews, who became first in the line of succession of the Catholic Church's popes - not Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, and Christianity's greatest missionary, writer and theologian!

Right Divider

Body part
Here we have the 2 most revered representatives of early Christianity, Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, accusing Peter (Cephas), the Apostle to the Jews,of "not acting in line with the truth of the gospel."
Define "Christianity".

The twelve were those that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Paul has no place there.

Paul was the one apostle of the gentiles who was preaching grace for the body of Christ. The twelve had no authority over Paul.

The Jerusalem Church, under the leadership of James, saw Christianity as an extension of Judaism whereby male Gentile converts were expected to submit to circumcision to become Jews, as required under Mosaic Law, before they could be accepted accepted as Christians!
Once you properly define Christianity, you'll see that the Jerusalem church was not Christianity... it was Judaism and not an extension of it.

Throughout his ministry, Paul had a running feud with those he referred to as "Judaizers" (circumcision group) who preached a Gospel that required "circumcision!"[/SIZE]
They were simply preaching Judaism and ignoring the distinction that Paul made for those in the body of Christ as differentiated from Israel (Judaism).

It is within this context that Paul portrays Peter and Barnabas as rather weak characters for refusing to eat with their Gentile converts stemming from their fear of the "certain men came from James" to ensure that they were following Jewish customs!
"Their gentile converts" were the first ones called Christians (Acts 11:26) and that was outside of Israel. The Israelite's were never called Christians at that time. They were Jews.

Given that the Jerusalem Church itself later became a victim of the Roman destruction of Jerusalem, the focal point of the Christian Church would shift to Rome where it was Paul's Gospel that Gentile Christians would embrace and go on to become the vast majority of converts after the 1st C.
And this proves what?

It is ironic that it was Peter, the Apostle to the Jews, who became first in the line of succession of the Catholic Church's popes - not Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles, and Christianity's greatest missionary, writer and theologian!
It's not ironic, it's perverse.

Right Divider

Body part
What about the first four Gospels in the NT.

What about them? You should realize that the vast majority of those four books are not new testament, but are old testament and a continuation of all of the things that God was doing with and through Israel. The new testament cannot begin until the death of Christ which comes at the very end of all four "gospels".

Which have the Word of Christ.
Are you saying that the entire Bible is not the Word of Christ?

Paul's epistles are just as much the Word of Christ as the rest of the Bible.

Bradley D

I like the epistles, but the Words of Christ are very important. Quite often the epistles are aimed at the church to live the Word and watch out for heresy.

Right Divider

Body part
I like the epistles, but the Words of Christ are very important.
Every word in the Bible are the Words of Christ. You seem to be hung up on the "red letters".

Do not forget that when Christ was on earth, He was a minister of the circumcision (Romans 15:8). That means something important.

Quite often the epistles are aimed at the church to live the Word and watch out for heresy.
They are just as much the Words of Christ as the rest of the Word of God.

While won't you address this fact? Is it that you've accepted what some have told you and will not discuss the details?

Bradley D

I have read the epistles and continue to study them I'm on 1 John right now in my study of the Nelson Study Bible. In the OT I'm on 2 Kings. I like the epistles they help in our daily living and to watch out for the antichrists.

Right Divider

Body part
I have read the epistles and continue to study them I'm on 1 John right now in my study of the Nelson Study Bible. In the OT I'm on 2 Kings. I like the epistles they help in our daily living and to watch out for the antichrists.

So you will simply deflect? Why don't you actually want to discuss anything?

You mentioned something that you called "the gospel of Jesus" and yet you will not define it.

Did you actually want to discuss the topic here?

oatmeal

Peter and Paul did not preach the same gospel messages. Below are the differences between the gospels and Apostleship's of Peter and Paul.

Peter's Apostleship: His Apostleship was commanded by Jesus Christ along with the other eleven disciples before Paul. Peter was primarily the Apostle to Israel (Galatians 2:8). Peter's Apostleship was diminishing after Paul was converted.

Paul's Apostleship: Paul was persecuting the church of God before being converted. After his conversion Paul was given revelations from the Lord Jesus Christ; Paul did not learn from any man including the twelve Apostles (Galatians 1:12). Paul was primarily the Apostle to Gentiles (Romans 11:13 2 Timothy 1:11).

Peter's Justification: Peter and the other eleven Apostles taught justification unto eternal life by believing on the name of Jesus; by believing Jesus is Christ, the Son of God (Acts 10:43 Matthew 16:16 Acts 4:12 Acts 2:36 John 20:31).

Peter preached that Israel under the old covenant was redeemed and cleansed by the crucifixion and shed blood of Jesus (Matthew 26:28 Hebrews 9:15 1 Peter 1:2 1 Peter 1:18-19 1 Peter 2:24). Peter preached forgiveness of sin at the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 3:19).

Paul's Justification: Paul taught justification unto eternal life by the cross (1 Corinthians 1:18 Galatians 6:14 Colossians 1:20). Justification by faith that Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again for complete salvation unto eternal life (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 Colossians 2:10). Paul taught forgiveness of all sin now by the blood of Jesus (Ephesians 1:7).

Peter's gospel: Peter preached remission of sins in the name of Jesus (Acts 10:43). Peter taught the gospel of the kingdom (Luke 9:2 Luke 9:6 2 Peter 1:11). Israel would inherit the promise of the Davidic kingdom on earth (Luke 1:32 Genesis 13:15). Israel would rule and reign with Jesus for a thousand year period (Revelation 20:6). Israel would be a light for salvation unto the Gentile nations that would enter the kingdom (Isaiah 60:3).

Paul's gospel: Paul taught the gospel of the uncircumcision (Galatians 2:7). Paul taught salvation to all freely by faith in Christ apart from the covenants of Israel, and apart from keeping the law (Romans 9:4 Romans 3:28 Galatians 2:19).

Peter and the resurrection: Peter preached the gospel of the circumcision (Galatians 2:7). Israel under the old covenant promises was promised to be a holy nation, a kingdom of kings and priests to rule over the Gentile nations with Christ (Revelation 1:6 Exodus 19:6 Revelation 5:10). Peter preached that the resurrection of Christ gave Israel assurance of that coming kingdom because Christ was raised to sit on the throne of David in that prophetic kingdom (1 Peter 1:3 Acts 3:25 Acts 2:30). Peter preached the receiving of the Holy Ghost to empower Israel to enter the kingdom (Luke 24:49 Acts 1:8 Acts 2:33 Acts 2:38).

Paul and the resurrection: Paul taught that Christ was risen for our justification (Romans 4:25).

Peter and works: Peter preached works as necessary for salvation in order to enter the kingdom (Acts 10:35 1 Peter 1:15 1 Peter 2:9 2 Peter 1:10-11). Peter preached to Israel repentance and baptism for the remission of sins (Acts 2:38). Peter preached holiness, and to remain steadfast unto the coming of Jesus and his kingdom (2 Peter 3:17).

Paul and works: Paul taught salvation without works (Titus 3:5 Romans 4:6 Ephesians 2:8-9).

Peter and the church: Peter preached to Israel (Acts 3:12). Gentiles had to come through Israel and it's covenants to be added to the church (Exodus 12:48 Acts 11:1); Gentiles had to believe the preaching of the word delivered to Israel as preached by Peter (Acts 13:48).

Paul and the church: Paul taught the church as the body of Christ, a new creature where there was neither Jew or Gentile (Galatians 6:15 Galatians 3:28 Ephesians 2:14).

Peter and heaven: Peter taught that Israel would receive the kingdom on earth ( Luke 9:2 Luke 9:6 2 Peter 1:11 Acts 2:30). He taught their reward was stored in heaven but not in heaven (1 Peter 1:4).

Paul and heaven: Paul taught the church seated with Christ in heavenly places (Ephesians 2:6).

Both Peter and Paul were ordained of God to preach the gospel. Those who believed their gospels are in Christ. Peter's gospel faded away as Israel was diminished, and is not the gospel that is preached today. Paul preaches the gospel by which we are saved today. Paul in his epistles reveal the mysteries and doctrine for the church today.

The basic truths that both apostles taught were identical.

However, as in every preaching and teaching situation, a thoughtful speaker will make sure he knows something about his listeners so he can meet their needs where they are in their spiritual development. Of course, the listeners cultures and other elements of their background are useful facts to know as well.

Would I tailor my message to those who are saved vs the unsaved? Of course, would I want to consider cultural differences, age, gender, marital status, etc and tailor my message to their need? Of course.

My message to a group of single people might differ than a message to all married people, et.

My message to Buddhists might differ than to Muslims or Taoists, or Roman Catholics or Lutherans, or a mixed audience,

However, we must also recognize that the message that Jesus Christ, Peter and others shared while Christ was on the earth should and does differ than the message after Jesus' completed first phase of his earthly ministry.

Jesus came to fulfill the law, we are no longer under the law for righteousness as Paul by revelation states in Galatians 2:16,21

16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

I do not frustrate (reject) the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Jesus was not a minister to the Gentiles in this first phase of his earthly ministry, but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel and directed those he sent out to the lost sheep of the house of Israel
Matthew 10:6
But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Matthew 15:24
But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The Gentiles were basically avoided during the gospel period.

One major aspect of Jesus' ministry was to fulfill the law.

Luke 24:44
And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Which he did.

We continue fulfilling the law by loving one another

Romans 13:8
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Romans 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Christ's presence was a period of fulfilling the law so something better could be ushered in.

The law was in force until John, after John Jesus was leading the transition to a greater reality

Matthew 11:12
And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.

Matthew 11:13
For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Luke 16:16
The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Matthew 3:11
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Mark 1:8
I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

Luke 3:16
John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

John 1:33
And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 1:5
For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

Not in water anymore, but in Holy Ghost, then in the name of Jesus Christ, not water.

Acts 2:38
Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 11:16
Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Acts 18:25
This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

Acts 19:3
And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

Acts 19:4
Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Baptism is but one change, improvement, replacement that occurred from the gospel period to this age of grace.

The message during the gospel period was of necessity different from the message of the grace administration.

The message of the law was fanatically and erroneously enforced by the religious elite,

The woman caught in adultery was to be stoned, Jesus transitioned their thinking from legalism to love and forgiveness.

Jesus Christ fulfilled the law and opened the way for a new way of living. Grace, not law

Romans 8:1-4

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

These are introductory truths as to why the message during the Gospels was different than the message in the age of grace.

Likewise consider Galatians 2

But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

(For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:)

]And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Was Jesus different in lordship to the Gentiles than to Israel. Yes, in the sense that Jesus was sent not to the Gentiles but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel

However, those that believed, believed on the name of the lord whether Judean or Gentils

The Gentiles were never under the law, Israel was.

So the approach to teaching the Gentiles would be different,but the message would be the same.

If you want me to address other points you made, let me know

Right Divider

Body part
The basic truths that both apostles taught were identical.
OK, but that does nothing to prove that everything they taught was identical.

God revealed things to Paul that were never revealed before that.

Act 3:21 KJV Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

Rom 16:25-26 KJV Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, (26) But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
Those two statements are mutually exclusive.

The Gentiles were basically avoided during the gospel period.
"the gospel period"? Are we no long in "the gospel period"?

Israel was promised a kingdom and a land. When they rejected their King, God revealed a plan that He had kept secret since the world began. God revealed that plan initially to one man: Paul. The present plan will come to an end one day and God will resume His dealings with Israel and the gentiles as Israel and gentiles. When Christ returns, He will establish His kingdom in the land.

oatmeal

OK, but that does nothing to prove that everything they taught was identical.

God revealed things to Paul that were never revealed before that.

Those two statements are mutually exclusive.

"the gospel period"? Are we no long in "the gospel period"?

Israel was promised a kingdom and a land. When they rejected their King, God revealed a plan that He had kept secret since the world began. God revealed that plan initially to one man: Paul. The present plan will come to an end one day and God will resume His dealings with Israel and the gentiles as Israel and gentiles. When Christ returns, He will establish His kingdom in the land.

I think we are in basic agreement here.

What the prophets of old spoke did not contain that which was revealed to the apostle Paul, and to other prophets and apostles of the time.

Ephesians 3:4-6

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Peter acknowledged the gospel that Paul preached as wisdom.

The two were in one accord on the writings of Paul

2 Peter 3:15
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

However, we are not in the Matthew through John period for fulfilling the law is different than living by grace

Right Divider

Body part
I think we are in basic agreement here.

What the prophets of old spoke did not contain that which was revealed to the apostle Paul, and to other prophets and apostles of the time.

Ephesians 3:4-6

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Peter acknowledged the gospel that Paul preached as wisdom.

The two were in one accord on the writings of Paul

2 Peter 3:15
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

However, we are not in the Matthew through John period for fulfilling the law is different than living by grace
I'm glad that you understand that. It seems that many, if not most, folks here do not.

Bradley D

Peter may have been writing to the Israelites, but these verses are for the gentiles as well. I read it every morning.

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity" (2 Peter 1:5-7).

Right Divider

Body part
Peter may have been writing to the Israelites, but these verses are for the gentiles as well. I read it every morning.

"And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity" (2 Peter 1:5-7).

Do you know what "patience" Peter is talking about?