PETER AND PAUL PREACHED DIFFERENT GOSPELS

Right Divider

Body part
That said, 'difference' is huge in the future. Some will sit at His right hand. Others will be given double/triple portions. Therefore, though there is neither Jew nor Gentile under the gospel, there are indications I certainly am compelled to see. In appreciation -Lon
What about the scripture that I quoted from Revelation and Isaiah?

They show the gentile nations coming to Israel (the nation) in the new Jerusalem.

Lon

What about the scripture that I quoted from Revelation and Isaiah?

They show the gentile nations coming to Israel (the nation) in the new Jerusalem.

Rev 21:24-25 KJV And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. (25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
Revelation 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

1) concerns the Bride of the Lam as well as 2) from Heaven 3) is a city, a place of dwelling and 4) new

The Bride is always and only those in Christ that Paul talks about: 2 Corinthians 11:2 Ephesians 5:24-26 John 3:29 Revelation 19:9

I'd guess this touches upon the difference between Paul's and Peter/John's messages (I'd think is part of the thread, but :idunno: at this point. Thank you for carrying it a bit if its off topic). A few MAD believe Revelation is written to Jews but Jews were in synagogues, even after conversion. Wasn't it almost exclusively gentiles that made up the seven Churches?
Spoiler

395px-Seven_churches_of_asia.svg.png
iu

Right Divider

Body part
Revelation 21:9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.” 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.

1) concerns the Bride of the Lam as well as 2) from Heaven 3) is a city, a place of dwelling and 4) new

The Bride is always and only those in Christ that Paul talks about: 2 Corinthians 11:2 Ephesians 5:24-26 John 3:29 Revelation 19:9
Rev 21 clearly and unambiguously says that the Lamb's bride is the new Jerusalem.

I'd guess this touches upon the difference between Paul's and Peter/John's messages (I'd think is part of the thread, but :idunno: at this point. Thank you for carrying it a bit if its off topic). A few MAD believe Revelation is written to Jews but Jews were in synagogues, even after conversion. Wasn't it almost exclusively gentiles that made up the seven Churches?
The language in Revelation is entirely Jewish. There is a great deal of Jewish history in the book of Revelation.

Rev 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:9) I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and [I know] the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but [are] the synagogue of Satan.

How does that have any meaning to the body of Christ where there is neither Jew nor Greek?

Rev 3:7 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:7) And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;
Again... what meaning does this have for the body of Christ? The "key of David" is clearly entirely Jewish in nature.

The list goes on and on.

As I pointed out in Rev 21, the nations (gentiles) come to the new Jerusalem to serve Israel per Isaiah 60. These parallels cannot be missed.

Lon

Rev 21 clearly and unambiguously says that the Lamb's bride is the new Jerusalem.
A city, not a people. Every gentile in the bible lands knew Jesus was a Jew and that Christ was a Jew.

The language in Revelation is entirely Jewish.
It references Jews, but the 7 churches were well above Jerusalem.

There is a great deal of Jewish history in the book of Revelation.
Agree, which is why I was Covenant in the first place. So respectively, you are saying it is a reason not to read Revelation as your own mail, but there is a whole lot of gentile discussion in Revelation too. So much so, the church in Jerusalem isn't mentioned at all? Such is incredible when you think about it.

How does that have any meaning to the body of Christ where there is neither Jew nor Greek?
As with above, our respective notions have us looking at the same verse, but thinking something very different from the context. In Revelation, specifically, you divide where I see a united book to both Jew and gentile.

Again... what meaning does this have for the body of Christ? The "key of David" is clearly entirely Jewish in nature.
I don't expect the stark difference between Jew-Christian gentile-Christian. Even if one is MAD, there is every sense that you are, to some extent, also part Jewish as a Christian, not by nationality, but by association of the "King of kings." When James talks about the tongue being uncontrollable, though his audience is Jewish, he is talking about all of our tongues. So where MAD has a turn off switch at the mention of all things Jewish, I rather run one more filter: Does it apply to a gentile, regardless? And of course, I don't believe Jewish language erases a book from application to a gentile. Again, it is very interesting, (and drives my assumption) that the church in Jerusalem is not mentioned, just churches in gentile countries.

The list goes on and on.
As I pointed out in Rev 21, the nations (gentiles) come to the new Jerusalem to serve Israel per Isaiah 60. These parallels cannot be missed.
Its a good and eye-opening discussion. One debate I was reading recently, believes there were Jews that also made up the 7 churches, for instance. The Samaritans were generally North of Jerusalem and Jews, generally saw any intermarriage as no longer Jew but half-breeds and worse (why they were despised and why the disciples found it odd Jesus was talking to a Samaritan woman). I'm open to whatever is true, not caught up in indoctrination so much that I cannot see the other side of this debate. You've made some good points. -Lon

Right Divider

Body part
A city, not a people. Every gentile in the bible lands knew Jesus was a Jew and that Christ was a Jew.
Yes... I'm not sure what you're getting at.

It references Jews, but the 7 churches were well above Jerusalem.
The Jews were dispersed into gentiles lands. So their location does not determine their content.

Act 8:1 KJV And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and Samaria, except the apostles.

Jas 1:1 KJV James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1Pe 1:1 KJV Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

Agree, which is why I was Covenant in the first place. So respectively, you are saying it is a reason not to read Revelation as your own mail, but there is a whole lot of gentile discussion in Revelation too. So much so, the church in Jerusalem isn't mentioned at all? Such is incredible when you think about it.
Not really based on what I said above.

As with above, our respective notions have us looking at the same verse, but thinking something very different from the context. In Revelation, specifically, you divide where I see a united book to both Jew and gentile.
OK, I still think that there is little reason to apply much of it to the body of Christ.

I don't expect the stark difference between Jew-Christian gentile-Christian. Even if one is MAD, there is every sense that you are, to some extent, also part Jewish as a Christian, not by nationality, but by association of the "King of kings." When James talks about the tongue being uncontrollable, though his audience is Jewish, he is talking about all of our tongues.
It's not that hard to see the difference between those sorts of universal things and those that are quite clearly distinct. Like this:
Jas 1:1 KJV James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

So where MAD has a turn off switch at the mention of all things Jewish, I rather run one more filter: Does it apply to a gentile, regardless? And of course, I don't believe Jewish language erases a book from application to a gentile. Again, it is very interesting, (and drives my assumption) that the church in Jerusalem is not mentioned, just churches in gentile countries.
Again... see above.

Its a good and eye-opening discussion. One debate I was reading recently, believes there were Jews that also made up the 7 churches, for instance. The Samaritans were generally North of Jerusalem and Jews, generally saw any intermarriage as no longer Jew but half-breeds and worse (why they were despised and why the disciples found it odd Jesus was talking to a Samaritan woman). I'm open to whatever is true, not caught up in indoctrination so much that I cannot see the other side of this debate. You've made some good points. -Lon
Thanks Lon, I've enjoyed and am enjoying our discussion.

God's Truth

Peter and Paul taught the same one and only gospel that saves.

Those who say no, they are preaching that Jesus is divided.

there is no division in Christ. NONE.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The straw man is you saying 'straw man'.

You can't get around it. GOD SAYS HE ISN'T divided.

Again, try making an argument against our actual position, instead of what you want our position to be.

God's Truth

Again, try making an argument against our actual position, instead of what you want our position to be.

You are proved wrong now you are trying to make it like you didn't say and do what you did.

Jesus isn't divided.

Paul and Peter taught the one and only gospel that saves.

They taught the same gospel.

God's Truth

You want to go to that earthly temple? Yeah, be circumcised in the flesh, because the Pharisees and teachers of the law enforce that law.

You want to say that circumcision doesn't matter anymore and you are the temple---then get arrested, beat, and killed by the Pharisees and teachers of the law.

What don't you get about it being only one gospel that Jesus and ALL his disciples taught?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You are proved wrong now you are trying to make it like you didn't say and do what you did.

Bearing false witness is a sin, GT.

Stop it.

Jesus isn't divided.

You keep saying this as if we say Jesus is divided.

We don't.

That's called a straw man.

Stop using fallacies.

Paul and Peter taught the one and only gospel that saves.

They taught the same gospel.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

God's Truth

You think that Peter and Paul teaching different gospels makes Christ "divided"? (whatever that means...)

Of course that makes Christ divided if they taught different gospels. Paul himself says not to say I follow Peter or I follow Paul. If Peter and Paul taught different gospels---then of course you can say I follow Peter or I follow Paul.

God's Truth

According to those who claim Peter and Paul taught different gospels, then they make Christ divided, because you make two different peoples, because you make two different gospels.