ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

john w

Hall of Fame
nope the word like i mentioned before is not subject oriented but rather personal and mature relating to a (person) perfect only Christ fits the bill.
you change the meaning to fit your premise.

you believe your understanding of knowledge brings you salvation and spiritual interaction with God. wrong. Spirit to spirit communion which is supernatural.

Nope-The word "perfect", in this context, means mature, complete, full(Philippians 3:12-15 KJV). Paul is not saying he is sinless...perfect does not always mean sinless. 1 Tim. 3:16-17 KJV is scripture for us to be perfect...mature....complete....This is Paul's last epistle, and notice that it is possible to be "perfect" in this sense, to know in full, but at the time Paul penned his letter to the Corinthians, they did not have the full knowledge of God because it had not been written, so they could only know in part.

The context here is knowledge, in an incomplete state. Paul, at this time, had only received a part of the knowledge he was going to receive from the risen, ascended,glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven," i.e. he received "progressive revelation. 1 Cor. 13:10= thus that which is in part=knowledge, that which is perfect =knowledge, so when the perfect knowledge is come the incomplete knowledge is ceased.

1 Cor. 13:12 KJV is not talking of the Lord Jesus Christ. We will never see Him when we look into a mirror. The context is still knowledge. The full revelation of the mystery had not been revealed-scripture was incomplete. Paul knew he was to receive more knowledge(2 Cor. 12:1 KJV).

"you believe your understanding of knowledge brings you salvation and spiritual interaction with God. wrong. Spirit to spirit communion which is supernatural."-you

You believe Allah is God, and Dora the Explorer is Mrs. God.

So there-I can play, too! Stop satanically "opinionating" what I believe, Oprah-knock it off. Am I clear? Good.

Now, you also be seated.

Word based mystic

Thanks.

"Perfect" is in contrast to "in part".

All we have to do is look at what is said to be "in part" to know what "that which is perfect" is.

We know in part, and prophesy in part....said Paul.

The whole chapter is pointedly referring to LOVE and the full (comprehension) which means experience, of Gods love.

God is love and Comprehending/experiencing it in fullness only Comes by The Spirit of God.
Not in perfect knowledge or scriptural understanding.

Knowledge and anything related to spiritual gifts revealing knowledge shall pass.

Love which is God shall not pass and we Comprehend Him/love through the Holy Spirit enabling us.

We can never know fully until He glorifies us. So knowing fully cannot happen in this decaying state we are in.

1 john 3:2 He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

please read the above scripture. The scripture revealed to us does not give us full knowing or glorification. only His coming and our glorification allows for that. look closely at John 3:2 this gives us the context.

The scripture was not fully made available or complete until much later. Most Christians did not have access to it until after it was published

first 300 years of the church the common man had little to no access to the scripture. The church taught that the common man should not have access to it due to their lack of understanding.
this does not set a precedent for christians being able to see or read the scriptures face to face.
in the 1400's and after the common man would (start) to have access to the scripture.

so your point of argument would put the gifts ceasing in the 1400's at the earliest.

enlightenment of scripture came only through hebrew/greek scholars and were often misapplied.

So it is NOT perfect knowledge that brings us to knowing. But rather The Love factor and intimacy with God (through) the Holy Spirit in the maturity of LOVE.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Cartwheels, back flips...

You "argue:" "The word of God says..................."

The word of God also tells you to sell all you have.

Do it, or drop this part of your argument.

Nay you can't have it both ways, that is called bait and switch. If we quote the gospels you say it only for Jews, if we quote Paul you counter by quoting the gospel.

We go by what we have written, and you insist by what Paul has written...we cannot go by some fancied progressive theology which is not written.

You are in the wrong.

Cross Reference

Cartwheels, back flips...

You "argue:" "The word of God says..................."

The word of God also tells you to sell all you have.

Do it, or drop this part of your argument.

Why? when it is simply metaphoric for abandoning one's life to God?

Have you done that? Please don't answer only to make an --- of yourself.

john w

Hall of Fame
face to face is personal and the fullness of the Word is Jesus and His presence.

We do not worship the scripture.

The old reliable "We do not worship the scripture" deceitful, full of sophistry, cliche/stumper.

Listen up, chump-you'd have no objective, true, knowledge of the LORD God of the scriptures, w/o that same scripture, by which He is revealed-NADA. The LORD God has magnified His word, above His name. You worship your mind, your subjective understanding of who the true LORD God is-hence, your avatar-mysticism.

See how that works, Dalai Lama, Jr. ?

The Holy Bible also testifies of the praise, the reverence, the respect, the awe we are commanded to have for/towards the word of God:

"Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food" Job 23:12 KJV

"In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me." Psalms 56:4 KJV

"In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word." Psalms 56:10 KJV

"Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heartstandeth in awe of thy word." Psalms 119:161 KJV

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." Psalms 138:2 KJV

"For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word." Isaiah 66:2 KJV

"And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord:....." Acts 13:48.

"Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:..." 2 Thes. 3:1

I esteem, praise, glorify, what the LORD God esteems, glorifies, praises, and at which He instructs me to tremble, and awe-His word.

You deceitfully, in sophistry, refer to that as "worship the scripture." The LORD God certainly never taught you that. Guess who did?

john w

Hall of Fame
Nay you can't have it both ways, that is called bait and switch. If we quote the gospels you say it only for Jews, if we quote Paul you counter by quoting the gospel.

We go by what we have written, and you insist by what Paul has written...we cannot go by some fancied progressive theology which is not written.

You are in the wrong.

Nope-you "argue:"

"The word of God exhorts us to earnestly desire the gifts of the Holy Spirit....."-you

The word of God says to sell all you have, exhorts you to follow the law, and raise the dead.

Do it, or drop your "The word of God says/exhorts..........." deceitful premise("supporting walls"/premise to your reasons for a conclusion/argument), or be seated.

john w

Hall of Fame
You being tricky boy

Once again, the great/humble John W reduces another "wanna be" contender, to a sound byte, as they slump, in a heap, bloodied, on the mat.

Only my humility, is increasing faster than my greatness.

"We go by what we have written.."-knock out victim Totton Linnet, AKA Dora the Explorer

john w

Hall of Fame
Why? when it is simply metaphoric for abandoning one's life to God?

Have you done that? Please don't answer only to make an --- of yourself.

And the cross was simply "metaphoric"....

Deceit. One more time, for the babes/sheep...

The Lord Jesus Christ commanded his disciples to sell all:

Command given: Mt. 19:21 KJV, Mk. 10:21 KJV, ;Luke 12:33 KJV, 18:22 KJV
Command obeyed: Mt. 19:27 KJV;Mk. 10:28 KJV;Luke 5:11KJV, 18:28 KJV, Acts 2:44-45 KJV,4:32-34 KJV
Penalty for disobedience-death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV

Do you have "...all things common...": Acts 2:44 KJV, 4:32-34 KJV , 3:6 KJV?

Well?

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" Luke 6:46 KJV

Have you sold all your possessions? This is one of the commands of the Lord Jesus Christ, in simple, 6th grade English, Jethro:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." Matthew 19:21 KJV

"Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth." Luke 12:32-33 KJV

"Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me." Luke 18:22 KJV

Read it-"sell all that thou hast,"

Any answer along the lines of "He really did not mean that literally, it's a metaphor..... He was merely ONLY attempting to teach/convey a spiritual truth", or, "that was before the cross and the resurrection", will be "red marked" as incorrect, and "non responsive/incomplete", for the disciples did exactly what the Lord Jesus Christ said, both before and after the death, burial, and resurrection:

"before"

"Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?" Matthew 19:27 KJV

Read it-"we have forsaken all,"

"Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee." Mark 10:28 KJV

"Then Peter said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee." Luke 18:28 KJV

Read it-"we have left all"

"after"

"And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." Acts 2:44 KJV , Acts 2:45 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"

"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6 KJV

That is why Peter said "Silver and gold have I none;"-he sold it all, per direct orders, from the Commander In Chief, the Lord Jesus Christ, the reason being in the context of the impending(at that time) "Great Trib." And thus, the directive to pray to God the Father, for His provisions, "Give us this day our daily bread," makes sense in the context of the "Great Trib," i.e., fleeing from the antichrist, and the remnant asking for deliverance, from the man of sin...

"but deliver us from evil:

Matthew 6 KJV
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

"And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common. And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all. Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold, And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need." Acts 4:32-35 KJV

Read it-"all things in common"/They sold their homes, land.
Communism, folks. Anyone doing that today? I thought so. Watch the upcoming spin.....Watch.

(PS: "Extra credit" on this test! Provide your analysis as to the merits of communism, i.e., "...all things common..." vs. "free enterprise"/"capitalism", per Acts 11:29 KJV ,"every man according to his ability...", " today. And we must "leave out "

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel." 1 Timothy 5:8 KJV

since, obviously Paul had not read the previous cited scriptures. Why Paul?!)

Penalty for disobedience:death-Acts 5:1-11 KJV, per Numbers 15:29-31 KJV :

"Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him."

I expect each and every believer to "Produce your cause......bring forth your strong reasons...", as to why you do obey these commands, or, conversely, why you "....do not do the things which I say..."(Luke 6:46 KJV). If you do obey these commands, I would at least respect your intellectual honesty, and your consistency.

As Elijah of old demanded, and I likewise demand: "...How long halt ye between two opinions?..." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

And I do not expect "....And the people answered him not a word...." (1 Kings 18:21 KJV)

Cross Reference

The whole chapter is pointedly referring to LOVE and the full (comprehension) which means experience, of Gods love.

God is love and Comprehending/experiencing it in fullness only Comes by The Spirit of God.
Not in perfect knowledge or scriptural understanding.

Knowledge and anything related to spiritual gifts revealing knowledge shall pass.

Love which is God shall not pass and we Comprehend Him/love through the Holy Spirit enabling us.

We can never know fully until He glorifies us. So knowing fully cannot happen in this decaying state we are in.

1 john 3:2 He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

please read the above scripture. The scripture revealed to us does not give us full knowing or glorification. only His coming and our glorification allows for that. look closely at John 3:2 this gives us the context.

The scripture was not fully made available or complete until much later. Most Christians did not have access to it until after it was published

first 300 years of the church the common man had little to no access to the scripture. The church taught that the common man should not have access to it due to their lack of understanding.
this does not set a precedent for christians being able to see or read the scriptures face to face.
in the 1400's and after the common man would (start) to have access to the scripture.

so your point of argument would put the gifts ceasing in the 1400's at the earliest.

enlightenment of scripture came only through hebrew/greek scholars and were often misapplied.

So it is NOT perfect knowledge that brings us to knowing. But rather The Love factor and intimacy with God (through) the Holy Spirit in the maturity of LOVE.

Amen! "The Way" __ of the Agape road.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Dora finds her doctrine in Paul's progressive theology, accordingly they suppose the Holy Ghost might be a woman, Allah is God etc. They got all that in the woods one night.

We believe the written word.

Cross Reference

And the cross was simply "metaphoric"

For the serious student who hungers for the true Knowledge of God, to know His ways, it is the cross principle the children of Him are taught to prepare them for being sustained in a world that hates them.

Now where is your argument o wise one?

john w

Hall of Fame
Dora finds her doctrine in Paul's progressive theology, accordingly they suppose the Holy Ghost might be a woman, Allah is God etc. They got all that in the woods one night.

We believe the written word.

"We believe the written word..the word of God exhorts..."-Dora

It's too early to drink "Ripple," Dora.

The written word of God says/exhorts you to sell all you have, raise the dead................................

Send me your 401(K) $'s, and raise my Uncle Jaspar from the dead, as he owes me $55 from a bet, in which he asserted that he could understand the Russian language, which I spoke to him, having the gift of tongues, and all, w/o the need of a translator.

Matthew 11:5 KJV
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

I wonder why my Uncle wore glasses? I know, I know....Not enough faith....He/you was/are not being led by the Spirit.............

Cricket. Cricket.

john w

Hall of Fame
For the serious student who hungers for the true Knowledge of God, to know His ways, it is the cross principle the children of Him are taught to prepare them for being sustained in a world that hates them.

Now where is your argument o wise one?

That stumper just left the TOL audience clamoring for more from you...

Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, Hop Sing, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, with any alleged failure on my part to provide an argument, as you were provided chapter/verse, in which to soak that puffed up head of yours.

I told you to take a seat. Dig?

SaulToPaul 2

That stumper just left the TOL audience clamoring for more from you...

Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, Hop Sing. due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, with any alleged failure on my part to provide an argument.

I told you to take a seat.

CR, the serious student: III
saint john w, the great: 0

CR is taking a shot at the Title.

Cross Reference

Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, Hop Sing, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, with any alleged failure on my part to provide an argument, as you were provided chapter/verse, in which to soak that puffed up head of yours.

Why not? With your inability to properly discern left from right isn't very encouraging that you are even taking your meds.

I told you to take a seat. Dig?

You take yourself too seriously, cripple. __ Dig that.