ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Without the mind of Christ
being led by the Spirit
Having a supernatural Holy Spirit inspired understanding.
you only have carnal minded fleshly oriented understanding of scripture.

There is a big difference between comprehension and knowledge.

Comprehension is the supernatural act of experiencing Gods revelatory Love to His Children.
maturity is partnered with the foundations of the gospel and the comprehension of Gods love in action with the knowledge revealed and understood through and by the supernatural mind of Christ gives us a platform to be mature in loving action.

ephesians 3:16-19
16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; and that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the [a]saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled up to all the fullness of God.
All of the above activity is supernatural empowerment by The Spirit encouraged through spiritual prayer. ( not asking amiss)[/QUOTE]

i missed something, are yo
u pentecostal ? what does this post demonstrate, besides what scripture says. you post scripture - that's all

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Made up. I wrote on this previously.

"now I know in part;"-verse 12
=When the word of God is completely given, the spiritual gifts, that confirmed that the person performing them, was, in fact speaking for God, would no longer be necessary.

Your own "human interpretation"proves you wrong, but you still won't accept it.

See how that works? You fell in a trap, ditch, again. Need help getting out?

[/QU

andy needs help, he doesn't think so - poor andy

john w

Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “When I was a child, I spake as a child..”-a reference to the gift of tongues-verse 8.
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “When I was a child… I understood as a child...”-a reference to the gift of knowledge-verse 8
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “When I was a child… I thought as a child.”- a reference to the gift of prophecy-verse 8
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “But when I became a man, I put away childish things”-a reference to spiritual maturity, realized when the perfect word of God is completely given, thus then will God do away with the immature things-the supernatural spiritual gifts....

john w

Hall of Fame
Its the imperfect receiver that's the problem. The word of God has always been perfect.

You are still yet to tell us what was scripturally lacking during the time that people spoke in tongues?

The slug still does not get the difference between objective revelation, given by objective words, which are perfect, true, sound, "infallible," and illumination/understanding/interpretation, which, in this dispensation, currently, is made by fallible members of the boc, and is imperfect, fallible.

Slower: the word of God is perfect; our interpretation is not.

Are/were you drunk, on the "Holy Ghost Bartender" "spirit," or is it the "spirit of Jack Daniels, when you posted this "question"(loosely employed here)?

You talk like a Catholic, justifying "The Magesterium"-they talk like you. Are you a Roman?

Is your interpretation a "human interpretation, or a "God interpretation?"

john w

Hall of Fame
Unless you can show otherwise.

Can you tell us what truths were lacking when people spoke in tongues. What was imperfect about the word of God preached at that time?

What was lacking in the apostles understanding?

If anything, those people had more of the word than we do today. They had the apostles preaching to them for years, while we only have a collection of their letters.

You changed your "argument."

Deception,sophistry, as your "arguing" that my denying your interpretation, disagreeing with it, presupposes that yours is "God's interpretation/un-carnal interpretation."

You have the "God interpretation," do you candyandycain?

andyc

1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “When I was a child, I spake as a child..”-a reference to the gift of tongues-verse 8.
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “When I was a child… I understood as a child...”-a reference to the gift of knowledge-verse 8
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “When I was a child… I thought as a child.”- a reference to the gift of prophecy-verse 8
1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV: “But when I became a man, I put away childish things”-a reference to spiritual maturity, realized when the perfect word of God is completely given, thus then will God do away with the immature things-the supernatural spiritual gifts....

You're yet to explain how it was previously incomplete.

andyc

LOL

I changed it?

We're still waiting to know how the WOG was incomplete. What was lacking while people spoke in tongues?

Deception,sophistry, as your "arguing" that my denying your interpretation, disagreeing with it, presupposes that yours is "God's interpretation/un-carnal interpretation."

You have the "God interpretation," do you candyandycain?

Can you prove otherwise, W?

john w

Hall of Fame
You're yet to explain how it was previously incomplete.

You've yet to explain many things on TOL, slug, one being how you received "God's interpretation," in contrast to mine/everyone elses' "human interpretation."

john w

Hall of Fame
LOL

I changed it?

We're still waiting to know how the WOG was incomplete. What was lacking while people spoke in tongues?

Can you prove otherwise, W?

We're still waiting to know how you obtained "God's interpretation," in contrast to "human interpretation"-your "argument." Until you do, no answer wil be given.

Dig, fruitcake? Good.

john w

Hall of Fame
The candyandycain "classic:"

"It's true. That's why we have nonsense like mad, and why there are cessationists. Human interpretation."-andycain

john w

Hall of Fame
We're still waiting for Christ's appearing, and so shouldn't be lacking in the gifts.

To deny this, is to trust in human/carnal interpretation.

PS: Nowhere does the scripture testify that these supernatural gifts would remain until, and subsequently cease upon, the Lord Jesus Christ's return/"appearing:"

-The Lord Jesus Christ is not a "that"

-The context mentions nothing about the rapture, or the second coming, "the second time." The context is knowledge, and it has NADA to do with a person, but a thing, which is coming. If this is about the Lord Jesus Christ coming back, then the supernatural gifts must cease, come to an end, upon His return. Acts 2:16 KJV says the opposite:

"But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come...." Acts 2:16-20 KJV

=Peter quotes Joel. re. the Spirit being poured out in "the last days," when the Lord Jesus Christ comes back, and the
supernatural gifts are increased, not ceased.

Word based mystic

PS: Nowhere does the scripture testify that these supernatural gifts would remain until, and subsequently cease upon, the Lord Jesus Christ's return/"appearing:"

-The Lord Jesus Christ is not a "that"

-The context mentions nothing about the rapture, or the second coming, "the second time." The context is knowledge, and it has NADA to do with a person, but a thing, which is coming. If this is about the Lord Jesus Christ coming back, then the supernatural gifts must cease, come to an end, upon His return. Acts 2:16 KJV says the opposite:

"But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come...." Acts 2:16-20 KJV

=Peter quotes Joel. re. the Spirit being poured out in "the last days," when the Lord Jesus Christ comes back, and the
supernatural gifts are increased, not ceased.

john w mentioned the word (perfect). His perspective is more accurately referring to (scripture) so he thinks. but that is not a close match for the below.

However The word is (Jesus) pointedly defined below with (personal) connotations.

(teleios) = mental and moral character, completeness, of full age or maturation of a man.

the word pointedly relates to a person and/or the character of a man in relation to maturity.

Not a thing being the bible kjv 1611 like i hear so often.

all the teleio words I looked up are related to personal child rearing, character maturation. and the like

in that verse it is related to a (complete man) perfect = Jesus

this actually reaffirms the scripture seeing Jesus face to face. 1 cor 13:12

john w

Hall of Fame
john w mentioned the word (perfect). His perspective is more accurately referring to (scripture) so he thinks. but that is not a close match for the below.

However The word is (Jesus) pointedly defined below with (personal) connotations.

(teleios) = mental and moral character, completeness, of full age or maturation of a man.

the word pointedly relates to a person and/or the character of a man in relation to maturity.

Not a thing being the bible kjv 1611 like i hear so often.

all the teleio words I looked up are related to personal child rearing, character maturation. and the like

in that verse it is related to a (complete man) perfect = Jesus

this actually reaffirms the scripture seeing Jesus face to face. 1 cor 13:12

The word "perfect", in this context, means mature, complete, full(Philippians 3:12-15 KJV). Paul is not saying he is sinless...perfect does not always mean sinless. 1 Tim. 3:16-17 KJV is scripture for us to be perfect...mature....complete....This is Paul's last epistle, and notice that it is possible to be "perfect" in this sense, to know in full, but at the time Paul penned his letter to the Corinthians, they did not have the full knowledge of God because it had not been written, so they could only know in part.

The context here is knowledge, in an incomplete state. Paul, at this time, had only received a part of the knowledge he was going to receive from the risen, ascended,glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven," i.e. he received "progressive revelation. 1 Cor. 13:10= thus that which is in part=knowledge, that which is perfect =knowledge, so when the perfect knowledge is come the incomplete knowledge is ceased.

1 Cor. 13:12 KJV is not talking of the Lord Jesus Christ. We will never see Him when we look into a mirror. The context is still knowledge. The full revelation of the mystery had not been revealed-scripture was incomplete. Paul knew he was to receive more knowledge(2 Cor. 12:1 KJV).

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You don’t need to seek a Spirit-baptism as a post-conversion experience, Paul is saying to the Corinthians and to us; if you are in Christ, you have already been Spirit-baptized!

Mebbe...I think you get what you believe for according with scripture and according to the message preached [God being sovereign] .

But this scripture earnestly exhorts us to seek the gifts.