ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

john w

Hall of Fame
Why not? With your inability to properly discern left from right isn't very encouraging that you are even taking your meds.

I'll slow it down for you.Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, Hop Sing, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, with any alleged failure on my part to provide an argument, as you were provided chapter/verse, in which to soak that puffed up head of yours.

Wow! We've never heard that "taking your meds" cliche before-I've "Googled" it, and could not find anyone, ever employing that stumper before, in the history of the world!!!! Do you think my internet/computer has been "hacked," as surely I've heard that "meds" puzzler somewhere?

I told you to take a seat. Dig?

You take yourself too seriously, cripple. __ Dig that.
"Cripple?" A bit emotional, aren't you, toots? And although I'm flattered, that you are imitating me with that "Dig that" assertion, knock it off-you can't pull it off, like I can. You just do not have my clout, authority, flare.

Again-be seated, and I may call on you at a later date. Right now, you're starting to bore me.

Cross Reference

I'll slow it down for you.Do not confuse your lack of reading comprehension skills, Hop Sing, due to 2 Cor. 4:4 KJV, with any alleged failure on my part to provide an argument, as you were provided chapter/verse, in which to soak that puffed up head of yours.

Wow! We've never heard that "taking your meds" cliche before-I've "Googled" it, and could not find anyone, ever employing that stumper before, in the history of the world!!!! Do you think my internet/computer has been "hacked," as surely I've heard that "meds" puzzler somewhere?

I told you to take a seat. Dig?

"Cripple?" A bit emotional, aren't you, toots? And although I'm flattered, that you are imitating me with that "Dig that" assertion, knock it off-you can't pull it off, like I can. You just do not have my clout, authority, flare.

Again-be seated, and I may call on you at a later date. Right now, you're starting to bore me.

Good. You deserve to be bored. You earned it as a stand-alone prize for the :first: "also ran" that you are. Here's a fresh shovel: . .:carryon:

john w

Hall of Fame
:first: "also ran" that you are. Here's a fresh shovel: . .:carryon:

A part time comic, are you, rummy-good one:!

Your “page:”

This page has had 1,216 visits
tumbleweed1.jpg

Vs.

The great saint John W’s page:
This page has had 14,859 visits

LABOUR_DAY_CROWD.jpg

Contrasts.

Cross Reference

I will accept that "contrast" as an honor. However, I feel sorry for you you can't make the distinction between a "hit" and a "visit". You ought to "dig that".

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
"We believe the written word..the word of God exhorts..."-Dora

It's too early to drink "Ripple," Dora.

The written word of God says/exhorts you to sell all you have, raise the dead................................

Send me your 401(K) $'s, and raise my Uncle Jaspar from the dead, as he owes me $55 from a bet, in which he asserted that he could understand the Russian language, which I spoke to him, having the gift of tongues, and all, w/o the need of a translator.

Matthew 11:5 KJV
The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the poor have the gospel preached to them.

I wonder why my Uncle wore glasses? I know, I know....Not enough faith....He/you was/are not being led by the Spirit.............

Cricket. Cricket.

It is no good complaining that you do not see the works of God when you breathe out unbelief concerning them.

your first step is to obey our apostle and earnestly desire the gifts.

andyc

PS: Nowhere does the scripture testify that these supernatural gifts would remain until, and subsequently cease upon, the Lord Jesus Christ's return/"appearing:"

-The Lord Jesus Christ is not a "that"

-The context mentions nothing about the rapture, or the second coming, "the second time." The context is knowledge, and it has NADA to do with a person, but a thing, which is coming. If this is about the Lord Jesus Christ coming back, then the supernatural gifts must cease, come to an end, upon His return. Acts 2:16 KJV says the opposite:

"But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come...." Acts 2:16-20 KJV

=Peter quotes Joel. re. the Spirit being poured out in "the last days," when the Lord Jesus Christ comes back, and the
supernatural gifts are increased, not ceased.

Wrong again, W.

1Cor 1:5-7
That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ

andyc

The word "perfect", in this context, means mature, complete, full(Philippians 3:12-15 KJV). Paul is not saying he is sinless...perfect does not always mean sinless. 1 Tim. 3:16-17 KJV is scripture for us to be perfect...mature....complete....This is Paul's last epistle, and notice that it is possible to be "perfect" in this sense, to know in full, but at the time Paul penned his letter to the Corinthians, they did not have the full knowledge of God because it had not been written, so they could only know in part.

The context here is knowledge, in an incomplete state. Paul, at this time, had only received a part of the knowledge he was going to receive from the risen, ascended,glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven," i.e. he received "progressive revelation. 1 Cor. 13:10= thus that which is in part=knowledge, that which is perfect =knowledge, so when the perfect knowledge is come the incomplete knowledge is ceased.

1 Cor. 13:12 KJV is not talking of the Lord Jesus Christ. We will never see Him when we look into a mirror. The context is still knowledge. The full revelation of the mystery had not been revealed-scripture was incomplete. Paul knew he was to receive more knowledge(2 Cor. 12:1 KJV).

This is nonsense.

The context is concerning the use of the gift of tongues motivated by love. You keep talking about perfect knowledge, but the apostles already had the knowledge.
You still keep refusing to explain what new knowledge was required. The reason is because there was no new knowledge.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Yuss the gifts are signs of the kingdom, when the kingdom does come then that which is perfect will have come.

john w

Hall of Fame
I will accept that "contrast" as an honor. However, I feel sorry for you you can't make the distinction between a "hit" and a "visit". You ought to "dig that".

"also ran" that you are."-you

Your “page:”
This page has had 1,216 visits

The great saint John W’s page:
This page has had 14,859 visits

Contrasts.

Poor you, trying to "save face,"as not many are "hitting" you on the circuit, and you are using me, as others do, given my fame, to draw attention to yourself. I feel so cheap.

Cross Reference

Wrong again, W.

That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge; Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you: So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ

Indeed, Pentecost by Jesus Christ is the foundation upon which the indwelt of Him are enabled to perform life as He lived it. Why? Because God wants many sons brought into complete union with Himself as the glorified Jesus presently is, i,e., created flesh as the Godhead not yet presented to the world per Mk 13:26.

john w

Hall of Fame
Wrong again, W.

Another poser, whose "argument," after taking on the great saint John W, is reduced to assert, pound the podium, declare "victory," return to "You are wrong" echo chamber.

Nice volley, squirt.