ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Pentecost marked “the final transition from the old era of shadows and types to the new era of fulfillment. Pentecost was the birthday of the Christian church, the beginning of the age of the Spirit. In this sense, therefore, Pentecost can never be repeated, and does not need to be repeated.”

Then all can receive it today....do all receive it?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
The word of God also tells you to sell all you have.

It is not like you to flip the bird. For it is Christ in the gospels who exhorts any who would follow Him to sell all they have, it is Christ in our apostle who exhorts us to earnestly desire the gifts. "I would" says that [which you think is the perfect] "that ye did all speak in tongues"

Cross Reference

The word "perfect", in this context, means mature, complete, full(Philippians 3:12-15 KJV). Paul is not saying he is sinless...perfect does not always mean sinless. 1 Tim. 3:16-17 KJV is scripture for us to be perfect...mature....complete....This is Paul's last epistle, and notice that it is possible to be "perfect" in this sense, to know in full, but at the time Paul penned his letter to the Corinthians, they did not have the full knowledge of God because it had not been written, so they could only know in part.

The context here is knowledge, in an incomplete state. Paul, at this time, had only received a part of the knowledge he was going to receive from the risen, ascended,glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven," i.e. he received "progressive revelation. 1 Cor. 13:10= thus that which is in part=knowledge, that which is perfect =knowledge, so when the perfect knowledge is come the incomplete knowledge is ceased.

1 Cor. 13:12 KJV is not talking of the Lord Jesus Christ. We will never see Him when we look into a mirror. The context is still knowledge. The full revelation of the mystery had not been revealed-scripture was incomplete. Paul knew he was to receive more knowledge(2 Cor. 12:1 KJV).

Perfect does mean "complete". Being complete is referring to the character made perfect by the pursuing of knowing God per John 17:3. Every change in one's life in this endeavor is the result of the pursuit of knowing that God Who is the sheild of that one's life, the glory and the lifter of his head" (Ps.3:3), by the committment to the determination of loving-knowing God for the purpose of being a blessing to Him. Can you not see the giving and the receiving in this?

Word based mystic

The word "perfect", in this context, means mature, complete, full(Philippians 3:12-15 KJV). Paul is not saying he is sinless...perfect does not always mean sinless. 1 Tim. 3:16-17 KJV is scripture for us to be perfect...mature....complete....This is Paul's last epistle, and notice that it is possible to be "perfect" in this sense, to know in full, but at the time Paul penned his letter to the Corinthians, they did not have the full knowledge of God because it had not been written, so they could only know in part.

The context here is knowledge, in an incomplete state. Paul, at this time, had only received a part of the knowledge he was going to receive from the risen, ascended,glorified, and seated "Lord from heaven," i.e. he received "progressive revelation. 1 Cor. 13:10= thus that which is in part=knowledge, that which is perfect =knowledge, so when the perfect knowledge is come the incomplete knowledge is ceased.

1 Cor. 13:12 KJV is not talking of the Lord Jesus Christ. We will never see Him when we look into a mirror. The context is still knowledge. The full revelation of the mystery had not been revealed-scripture was incomplete. Paul knew he was to receive more knowledge(2 Cor. 12:1 KJV).

nope the word like i mentioned before is not subject oriented but rather personal and mature relating to a (person) perfect only Christ fits the bill.
you change the meaning to fit your premise.

you believe your understanding of knowledge brings you salvation and spiritual interaction with God. wrong. Spirit to spirit communion which is supernatural.

SaulToPaul 2

As usual, saint john w the great is correctamundo.

They knew in part, and prophesied in part. They spoke forth the Word of God. The knowledge was a gift.

When that which is perfect came, the completed revelation, the gift of knowledge and speaking it forth in part was no longer needed.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
nope the word like i mentioned before is not subject oriented but rather personal and mature relating to a (person) perfect only Christ fits the bill.
you change the meaning to fit your premise.

you believe your understanding of knowledge brings you salvation and spiritual interaction with God. wrong.
Spirit to spirit communion which is supernatural.

Yep. We have That Too, In Addition To the Knowledge

Cross Reference

They knew in part, and prophesied in part. They spoke forth the Word of God. The knowledge was a gift.

When that which is perfect came, the completed revelation, the gift of knowledge and speaking it forth in part was no longer needed.

And when did the "perfect" come that knowledge ceased?

Word based mystic

do your own research on that word

(teleios) = mental and moral character, completeness, of full age or maturation of a man.

the word pointedly relates to a person and/or the character of a man in relation to maturity.

Not a thing being the bible kjv 1611 like i hear so often.

all the teleio words I looked up are related to personal child rearing, character maturation. and the like

in that verse it is related to a (complete man) perfect = Jesus

that verse is the main verse cessationists use to dismiss the gifts and they use it incorrectly. ASSUMING it is related to scripture or kjv 1611.

SaulToPaul 2

do your own research on that word

(teleios) = mental and moral character, completeness, of full age or maturation of a man.

the word pointedly relates to a person and/or the character of a man in relation to maturity.

Not a thing being the bible kjv 1611 like i hear so often.

all the teleio words I looked up are related to personal child rearing, character maturation. and the like

in that verse it is related to a (complete man) perfect = Jesus

that verse is the main verse cessationists use to dismiss the gifts and they use it incorrectly. ASSUMING it is related to scripture or kjv 1611.

Thanks.

"Perfect" is in contrast to "in part".

All we have to do is look at what is said to be "in part" to know what "that which is perfect" is.

We know in part, and prophesy in part....said Paul.

Word based mystic

Thanks.

"Perfect" is in contrast to "in part".

All we have to do is look at what is said to be "in part" to know what "that which is perfect" is.

We know in part, and prophesy in part....said Paul.

face to face is personal and the fullness of the Word is Jesus and His presence.

We do not worship the scripture. It is scripture and incomplete (until) and unless the Holy Spirit is In you and or Christs presence and fullness is in His being Here (Perfect has come)

We as humans cannot know in fullness as He knows us until Christ comes
please finish vs 12
vs 12 now I know in part, but then I will (know fully) just as I also have been fully known.

also in context is 1 john 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is

face to face is so clear that it is personal.
genesis 4:14 Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden,

full revealing shall be when Christ is face to face.

as we are fully known. personal in context.

the word (know) in this scripture has it's first and main meaning or implication as (epiginosko) [to become fully acquainted with or acknowledge.

all being relational not knowledge based but rather personal acquaintance.

like in john 3:2 we shall only be able to fully know or comprehend when He comes and we shall be (like) Him. Being capable and able to fully know(be acquainted) Him. Even as He fully knows us.

We cannot fully know anything until we become like him and are glorified. our carnal minds can't comprehend or know fully until we become like Him in the fashion of fully knowing.

SaulToPaul 2

face to face is personal and the fullness of the Word is Jesus and His presence.

We do not worship the scripture. It is scripture and incomplete (until) and unless the Holy Spirit is In you and or Christs presence and fullness is in His being Here (Perfect has come)

We as humans cannot know in fullness as He knows us until Christ comes
please finish vs 12
vs 12 now I know in part, but then I will (know fully) just as I also have been fully known.

also in context is 1 john 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is

face to face is so clear that it is personal.
genesis 4:14 Behold, You have driven me this day from the face of the ground; and from Your face I will be hidden,

full revealing shall be when Christ is face to face.

as we are fully known. personal in context.

the word (know) in this scripture has it's first and main meaning or implication as (epiginosko) [to become fully acquainted with or acknowledge.

all being relational not knowledge based but rather personal acquaintance.

like in john 3:2 we shall only be able to fully know or comprehend when He comes and we shall be (like) Him. Being capable and able to fully know(be acquainted) Him. Even as He fully knows us.

We cannot fully know anything until we become like him and are glorified. our carnal minds can't comprehend or know fully until we become like Him in the fashion of fully knowing.

When you look into a mirror, isn't it face to face?

Paul is making an analogy, relating looking into a hazy mirror as having partial knowledge of YOUR OWN FACE. And, looking into a clear mirror has having full knowledge of YOUR OWN FACE.

Then, he shall know HIS OWN FACE, even as HIS OWN FACE is known.

Cross Reference

When people could no longer speak forth the word of God without having ever read it.

December 13, 68ad, around 3:06pm Jerusalem time, is my best guess.

If that is your best guess, why should anyone ever take you seriously?

The scriptures state that knowledge would increase in the latter years. What do you say to that? Do you even know when the latter years are? What is your "best guess"?

john w

Hall of Fame
It is not like you to flip the bird. For it is Christ in the gospels who exhorts any who would follow Him to sell all they have, it is Christ in our apostle who exhorts us to earnestly desire the gifts. "I would" says that [which you think is the perfect] "that ye did all speak in tongues"

Cartwheels, back flips...

You "argue:" "The word of God says..................."

The word of God also tells you to sell all you have.

Do it, or drop this part of your argument.