ECT Pentecostals Will Tell You Why

john w

Hall of Fame
So then desire the best spiritual gifts!

What's holding you up?

You have formed conclusions without sufficient evidence.

Jesus Christ is not ashamed to call you a brother, neither am I.

"If it's good enough for the apostles, it's good enough for me."-oatmush

Fine. Speak Russian, with the gift of tongues, to a few commies. Go to the temple, as the apostles did. Raise the dead. Drink some anti freeze, and tell us about it, per Mark 16 KJV. What's holding you up?

So there, Christ rejector.

"Jesus Christ is not ashamed to call you a brother, neither am I."-om

Only those on my team are my "brothers," sport, so that assumption on your part is erroneous. And I don't play basketball-I'm too much of a "squirt."

john w

Hall of Fame
I think I'll head home, have an ice cold Mountain Dew, read saint john w's posts, watch a little tv. Yep, that's the plan. Head home, Mountain Dew, john w's posts. Home, Dew.......

For the love of Ernest T., do it! He'd kill you, squirt.

SaulToPaul 2

Irrelevant question. The sign gifts were to increase, upon His return, not cease, as you "argue."

Correctamundo, saint johnzarelli:

As I'm apt to do, I will just boil all of this down:

1. The gifts were primarily for and about Israel
2. Paul was still reaching a remnant during Acts
3. When the remnant was gathered, and dispensation of the grace of God announced (the full revelation of the mystery), the sign gifts ceased.

Paul's epistles have to be rightly divided as well.

john w

Hall of Fame
It's difficult to read your posts at home, however, since I am still on a party line and using dial up. Those sisters like to discuss their ailments all night.

Oh, you're a real funny one, ain't you? Why don't you head on over, to Mrs. Mendelbright's, and have a few "cider" belts, and ask her if she has "Prince Albert In a Can," and then, smirk, when you tell her, "You'd better let him out!"

Squirt.

andyc

Upon whom the ends of the world are come.
Upon Paul and the Corinthians.
Which world ended?

None yet.

Acts 2:17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

2 Timothy 3:1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:

Still in the last days. Still operating in the gifts.

john w

Hall of Fame
None yet.

Acts 2:17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

2 Timothy 3:1 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:

Still in the last days. Still operating in the gifts.

andycain-it all says the same thing-fulfilled at Super Bowl III:

Micah 4:1 KJV

But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Slick...real slick, leaving out Acts 2 KJV...
18 and on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 and I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke: 20 the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come: 21 and it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

-"that which is perfect" is not referring to the Lord Jesus Christ, as you assert.

QED.

oatmeal

"If it's good enough for the apostles, it's good enough for me."-oatmush

Fine. Speak Russian, with the gift of tongues, to a few commies. Go to the temple, as the apostles did. Raise the dead. Drink some anti freeze, and tell us about it, per Mark 16 KJV. What's holding you up?

So there, Christ rejector.

"Jesus Christ is not ashamed to call you a brother, neither am I."-om

Only those on my team are my "brothers," sport, so that assumption on your part is erroneous. And I don't play basketball-I'm too much of a "squirt."

Jesus Christ, not God, died for you and made the gift of holy spirit available to you.

Acts 2

This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear.

Why do you reject what Jesus Christ made available to all that choose to believe?