Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So much for focusing on the health and well being of children ...

Tinark

you don't really have any clue about this, do you?

ever worked in healthcare where you interacted with patients?

ever been a parent?

The parents are not the patient. They are the guardians. She apparently has trouble merely speaking/communicating with teh gayz. What more is involved than communication with the parents?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I'm confining my remarks to the health care professionals responsibilities to the public.

which comes first bybee - your responsibilities as a health care professional or your responsibilities as a follower of Christ?

tell me again - what were His last five words to the woman taken in adultery?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
The parents are not the patient. They are the guardians. She apparently has trouble merely speaking/communicating with teh gayz. What more is involved than communication with the parents?

i'll take that as a "no, i really don't have any idea what i'm talking about"

Tinark

which comes first bybee - your responsibilities as a health care professional or your responsibilities as a follower of Christ?

tell me again - what were His last five words to the woman taken in adultery?

I don't think Christ would've refused to interact with/communicate with sinners.

Tinark

i'll take that as a "no, i really don't have any idea what i'm talking about"

And your refusal to answer the question means you've got nothing other than empty ad homs.

This doctor doesn't even have to touch the parents (as she probably fears they may have some sort of disease that she can catch). The parents are _not_ the patient. All she has to do is _speak_ to them about the health of the baby, give advice, and answer questions. You are a fool if you think there is "something more".

Morpheus

as Christians, we are not directed to love evil

raising a child in a perverted household, however trendy it may be today, is evil

Love evil no, but...

Matthew 5:43-48
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may [ap]be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore [aq]you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

But this is lost on you. I won't quote the passage about pearls before swine here. i'm sure you've seen it plenty of times before.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Your question is nonsensical.

Christ's interaction with the woman taken in adultery:

John 8:1 Jesus went unto the mount of Olives.

2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.

3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

"go and sin no more"

not "go and continue in your perverted liefstyle"

Tinark

trust

rapport

a comfortable working relationship where the patient (or his/her guardian) is comfortable sharing information that might otherwise be embarrassing

I agree that it is important that the parents trust the doctor, and apparently they did. Why would the doctor mistrust the guardians on the matter of the health of the baby? Why would they lie about anything relating to their baby?

As far as rapport goes, you have a good point - hard to develop rapport when feelings of disgust overwhelm one's ability to communicate.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I agree that it is important that the parents trust the doctor, and apparently they did. Why would the doctor mistrust the guardians on the matter of the health of the baby? Why would they lie about anything relating to their baby?

As far as rapport goes, you have a good point - hard to develop rapport when feelings of disgust overwhelm one's ability to communicate.

i saw nothing in the article to indicate disgust - that's your assumption

i saw a caring physician who agonized over this decision and let her faith lead her

Tinark

i saw a caring physician who agonized over this decision and let her faith lead her

If she would've followed Christ's example of caring for the children of sinners and also not refusing to interact with sinners, maybe she wouldn't have been in such agony.

Tinark

Christ's interaction with the woman taken in adultery:

"go and sin no more"

not "go and continue in your perverted liefstyle"

Her job didn't require her to preach her judgment on these parents, nor was she being asked to.

Morpheus

you don't really have any clue about this, do you?

ever worked in healthcare where you interacted with patients?

ever been a parent?

My wife is a therapist who has worked with gang-bangers, drug dealers and junkies, could molesters and much more. And that was only when she had her office in a high/middle school, before she went to work in a state prison. She has compassion on all of them. We have 5 kids, 16 grandkids, 3 great-grandkids, not counting the dozens of foster kids we took in for anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. So what is your challenging job in healthcare that make people so repugnant in your eyes? Your biases are your problem; they didn't "make" you hateful.

Morpheus

If she would have actually let her faith lead her she would have cared for the child.