Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

bybee

Actually I think Dr. Roi did a good thing but mishandled it. In my opinion she should have gone through with the initial exam and then at its conclusion explained her religious quandary and recommended to the parents that they and their family deserved a better physician/family relationship than she could provide. I'll bet the young couple would have appreciated her integrity and also agreed that their wisest choice would be to replace her as the primary care provider.

But Eeset, extend this to the larger picture for a moment. Where does this type of judgment end?
If a physician is opposed to prostitution does he/she refuse to treat a prostitute?
There are all kinds of washed up, ramshackle even good for nothing souls out there who will from time to time require medical treatment.
We don't bring our patients home with us.
We are professionals trained to assist those in need of health care.
We are not judge, jury and possibly, by refusing care, executioner?
This doctor could have been a witness of Christian love.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Actually I think Dr. Roi did a good thing but mishandled it. In my opinion she should have gone through with the initial exam and then at its conclusion explained her religious quandary and recommended to the parents that they and their family deserved a better physician/family relationship than she could provide. I'll bet the young couple would have appreciated her integrity and also agreed that their wisest choice would be to replace her as the primary care provider.

She might also have had the decency to explain herself in person as opposed to hiding in her office. Pathetic.

Morpheus

Exactly. Putting disdain for a group of people ABOVE the care of an infant is not prolife.

I'm pro life. The term gets muddied by those who claim it then defend capital punishment. They should be honest and go with anti-abortion. But that is another thread entirely.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I'm pro life. The term gets muddied by those who claim it then defend capital punishment. They should be honest and go with anti-abortion. But that is another thread entirely.

i'm pro freedom, but i don't believe murderers and rapists should be released from prison

GFR7

he assumes that dr roi fears gays

i think he's wrong

traci will love the way he links discrimination against blacks with homos
Yes, I liked that he wasn't outraged, until he went the sappy homophobia-needs-federal-legislation route. :nono:

Tinark

This "doctor" needs to isolate herself in a no-gays allowed gated community and never leave it. Otherwise, she may be forced to interact with teh gayz - they could be her taxi driver, sitting next to her on a bus, her cashier that checks her out at the store, and even, *gasp* her next door neighbor.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't mind referring to myself as anti-abortion ... though like you said, THAT is another thread.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying, "Better the abortion"? Or maybe a string of foster homes?

you had that much trouble reading what i wrote?

a bit early to be hitting the sauce, ain't it?

drunk-people-gifs-7.gif

GFR7

This "doctor" needs to isolate herself in a no-gays allowed gated community and never leave it. Otherwise, she may be forced to interact with teh gayz - they could be her taxi driver, sitting next to her on a bus, her cashier that checks her out at the store, and even, *gasp* her next door neighbor.
She may love her gay neighbors, but did not want a working relationship with this couple due to her belief that third party reproduction is wrong.

Tinark

he assumes that dr roi fears gays

i think he's wrong

traci will love the way he links discrimination against blacks with homos

She obviously dreads interacting with them. Doesn't think she can properly treat the child if she has to interact with teh gayz.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
But Eeset, extend this to the larger picture for a moment. Where does this type of judgment end?
If a physician is opposed to prostitution does he/she refuse to treat a prostitute?
There are all kinds of washed up, ramshackle even good for nothing souls out there who will from time to time require medical treatment.
We don't bring our patients home with us.
We are professionals trained to assist those in need of health care.
We are not judge, jury and possibly, by refusing care, executioner?
This doctor could have been a witness of Christian love.
The larger picture in this case is that certain "Christian" doctrines are not any more loving than Islamic extremism. We live in a world infected by animosities derived from archaic writings and thousands of years of theological condemnations. I personally reject much of it as pure poppycock.

You may accuse me of blasphemy but I seriously doubt that God gives a flip one way or the other who beds with who. And furthermore I doubt God either needs or requires worship much less sacrifice. Those are tools of priests and rulers.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
The larger picture in this case is that certain "Christian" doctrines are not any more loving ....

as Christians, we are not directed to love evil

raising a child in a perverted household, however trendy it may be today, is evil

Tinark

She may love her gay neighbors, but did not want a working relationship with this couple due to her belief that third party reproduction is wrong.

The "working relationship" with them is nothing more than communicating with the parents about the health of the patient and providing health advice for the benefit of the patient. If she has trouble with that, I can't imagine what else she'd have trouble with.

Morpheus

you had that much trouble reading what i wrote?

a bit early to be hitting the sauce, ain't it?

drunk-people-gifs-7.gif

I think you have the wrong thread. Ridiculous mischaracterations belong in aCWs homosexual criminalization thread. Two peas in a pod you are.

bybee

The larger picture in this case is that certain "Christian" doctrines are not any more loving than Islamic extremism. We live in a world infected by animosities derived from archaic writings and thousands of years of theological condemnations. I personally reject much of it as pure poppycock.

You may accuse me of blasphemy but I seriously doubt that God gives a flip one way or the other who beds with who. And furthermore I doubt God either needs or requires worship much less sacrifice. Those are tools of priests and rulers.

I'm confining my remarks to the health care professionals responsibilities to the public.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Then she better make sure she refuses to deal with straight couples who conceive through less than traditional means.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
The "working relationship" with them is nothing more than communicating with the parents about the health of the patient and providing health advice for the benefit of the patient.

you don't really have any clue about this, do you?

ever worked in healthcare where you interacted with patients?

ever been a parent?