Pediatrician refuses to care for lesbians' baby

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Most of us here on TOL are anti-abortion. That means to me that the life of every baby is sacred. If we hold the life to be sacred then, surely, we also believe that those in the Health Care professions will work to care for the lives that present themselves for care?
I agree in principle. As with any business, if you're in the business of providing a service to the public you should do so. What you do for one you should do for all.

Tinark

she cared for the child by providing for her care with a qualified colleague

she cared for Christ by refusing to support a perverted lifestyle

Providing medical services for a child and communicating with the parents now constitutes "support" for the lifestyle? Are you for real?

resodko

BANNED
Banned
I agree in principle. As with any business, if you're in the business of providing a service to the public you should do so. What you do for one you should do for all.

unless you're a lawyer, eh? :chuckle:

'cause if you're a lawyer, the civil and criminal rules of procedure regarding trials and time allotted any counsel to produce a defense is rebuttal enough, in other words, no one could be harmed in any way by an attorney's refusal to take on a particular client and the court can and will appoint counsel of its choice where there is an absence of public defenders or counsel eager to take on a given, etc.

what scumbags you disgusting hypocritical pervert loving lawyers are

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Providing medical services for a child and communicating with the parents now constitutes "support" for the lifestyle? Are you for real?

yes, i am

can you show where, in scripture, Christ said that we should accept perversion?

GFR7

How is providing medical services for a baby and speaking with someone about the baby an acceptance of perversion?
She might possibly have believed that as a sperm donor was used, the child had been deliberately robbed of a father, which to some constitutes a form of abuse. She may not have wanted to impose this belief on them (she said as much, that she was sorry to hurt them and wanted them to enjoy parenthood). The colleague provided the medical care.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
unless you're a lawyer, eh? :chuckle:
Well, no. I still think you should take on clients without regard for race, creed, color, etc. I've never said otherwise.

What I distinguished was the difference, practically, between the physician and the possibility of harm and the attorney and the lack of harm resulting.

Tinark

She might possibly have believed that as a sperm donor was used, the child had been deliberately robbed of a father, which to some constitutes a form of abuse. She may not have wanted to impose this belief on them (she said as much, that she was sorry to hurt them and wanted them to enjoy parenthood). The colleague provided the medical care.

Why would the belief have to be imposed on them? Why can't this doctor keep her beliefs and judgments to herself in the work environment? It's basic professionalism.

GFR7

Why would the belief have to be imposed on them? Why can't this doctor keep her beliefs and judgments to herself in the work environment? It's basic professionalism.
She will have to speak further, if we are ever to know. The colleague simply said, "After praying, she felt she could not treat Bay [infant]".

Tinark

In-vitro fertilization services for a same-sex couple is one thing. A doctor refusing to perform that service that is against their beliefs makes sense - it would be participating in an act they find immoral.

Providing medical services for a baby and talking to the parents is nothing like that.

Do you understand the difference, resodko?

fool

Hall of Fame
Res;
If she doesn't want to "celebrate perversion" as you put it then why did she let her colleague treat the child?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
be sure to visit my poll! :thumb:
Wow. Another dishonest thread about me.

Who'd have imagined. :rolleyes:

On topic and in answer to the thread I won't participate in:

Of course the embarrassment has nothing to do with their sexuality and everything to do with the doctor waiting until they're in the office to have a colleague publicly inform them they weren't going to be allowed to keep the appointment no one made her take to begin with. :rolleyes: x2