Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

clefty

My conversion was traumatic and overwhelming.

Ok...but HalleluYah...you wanted it to occur...you accepted...you chose...you believed...

And wanted the change...

It is like losing weight you can believe, have faith, desire and want to...but then faith must have works...

Repent is exactly turn...change...

ANd by their fruits/works you will know them...know they changed and are dead to their old selves and now IN HIM...they are sometimes traumatically and overwhelmingly altered from their prior state...

Robert Pate

Banned
Ok...but HalleluYah...you wanted it to occur...you accepted...you chose...you believed...

And wanted the change...

It is like losing weight you can believe, have faith, desire and want to...but then faith must have works...

Repent is exactly turn...change...

ANd by their fruits/works you will know them...know they changed and are dead to their old selves and now IN HIM...they are sometimes traumatically and overwhelmingly altered from their prior state...

It is all a work of the Holy Spirit. Our part is to yield to the Spirit.

Nanja

It's impossible for a person to yield to The Spirit, or do anything else that pleases God Rom. 8:8, until they are first made Alive by God's Almighty Spiritual Power Eph.1:19; John 3:27; Given New Birth...Born of the Spirit Rom. 8:9. If and unless that happens, no one has the right to say they belong to Christ !

clefty

No small task that one...free will changes everything...choose ye this day...and the next

But indeed...the Spirit will cause you to follow Him His way...just as...is how we know we are filled with the right Spirit and not a counterfeit...we compare ourselves to His example...a genuine comfort and sacrament it is to know you are IN HIM by comparing your fruit/works to His...thus knowing you are His...made again in His Image...

Robert Pate

Banned
It's impossible for a person to yield to The Spirit, or do anything else that pleases God Rom. 8:8, until they are first made Alive by God's Almighty Spiritual Power Eph.1:19; John 3:27; Given New Birth...Born of the Spirit Rom. 8:9. If and unless that happens, no one has the right to say they belong to Christ !

HOGWASH!

The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

Nanja

HOGWASH!

The Holy Spirit is given to those who hear and believe the Gospel, Galatians 3:2.

False!

The Hearing of Faith is only for the Spiritually Regenerate.

But the hearing and believing the unregenerate do is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

First a person must be OF GOD, Born of the Spirit of God, to hear God's Words.

John 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The only Believing or Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Rom. 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

Robert Pate

Banned
False!

The Hearing of Faith is only for the Spiritually Regenerate.

But the hearing and believing the unregenerate do is merely a work of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

First a person must be OF GOD, Born of the Spirit of God, to hear God's Words.

John 8:47

He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

The only Believing or Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Rom. 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his

What about those who had crucified Jesus, Acts 2:36. Yet, when they heard Peter's Gospel they received Christ as their savior, Acts 2:41.

Robert Pate

Banned
This remains unanswered:

“...you wanted/allowed the Spirit to make those changes yes?

Why?

I mean, why were changes made if your belief alone was enough?”

The Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ. I received Christ as my savior and the rest was the work of the Spirit in my life. It was all of God.

Nanja

What about those who had crucified Jesus, Acts 2:36. Yet, when they heard Peter's Gospel they received Christ as their savior, Acts 2:41.

All God's Chosen Elect Eph. 1:4, at His appointed time, shall be given a New Heart Ezek. 36:26, Born of the Spirit of God, resulting in their being given Spiritual ears to Hear His Words John 8:47a, regardless of what they have done. For no sin was imputed to them, but laid on Christ their Surety in their stead Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:8 !

beloved57

Yet you teach that sinners Christ died for are lost anyways, a total denial of the truth that " the just shall live by faith " !

clefty

The Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ.
no easy task for either you I imagine... study prayer thought and decision all played a part in the struggle for your soul...I get tired just thinking of the work...but He prevailed and you accepted...HalleluYah

And now you wish to do the works He planned for you in Christ before hand?

I received Christ as my savior and the rest was the work of the Spirit in my life.
the rest of what? You seem to insist that was all...no need to change lifestyles to follow rules...itself odd as why would the Spirit ask you to follow Him His way if you already were...

It was all of God.
of course but He needed you to do something He could work with...and expects you to follow...”lead us not into temptation” you know...not follow or loose our grafted branch privilege...

Again...we want to keep the law because of gratitude for what He did for us...

And again...Keeping the law is like breathing...but done to stay alive not become alive...we breathe because we already are alive...

Robert Pate

Banned
no easy task for either you I imagine... study prayer thought and decision all played a part in the struggle for your soul...I get tired just thinking of the work...but He prevailed and you accepted...HalleluYah

And now you wish to do the works He planned for you in Christ before hand?

the rest of what? You seem to insist that was all...no need to change lifestyles to follow rules...itself odd as why would the Spirit ask you to follow Him His way if you already were...

of course but He needed you to do something He could work with...and expects you to follow...”lead us not into temptation” you know...not follow or loose our grafted branch privilege...

Again...we want to keep the law because of gratitude for what He did for us...

And again...Keeping the law is like breathing...but done to stay alive not become alive...we breathe because we already are alive...

Naaa! I good son doesn't need laws or rules. He knows what pleases his Father and does not do things to offend him.

Status
Not open for further replies.