Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

How is a way to purify yourself a law held against you? LOL

If you sin you get cut off and maybe killed.

If you don't purify yourself you don't get to do things such as eat the Passover dinner, etc. What is your 'LOL' for?

What was abolished was the ordinance, ordnance coming to kill you...your debt of eternal death...
Could you give scriptures for that?
That New Covenant was taught and exemplified WHILE HE WAS ALIVE...and christening it to a room full of jews not a gentile among them...His shed blood signed that New Covenant and His death as testator to it SEALED IT

Jesus came and taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and then he shed his blood for the new covenant.

His followers still hurried to prepare Him for burial get Him off the tree before morning(ALSO OT)...AND KEEP THE SABBATH as per the commandment...and also the passover...Paul demonstrated and instructed to keep Sabbaths and the feast with new unleavened bread

The Pharisees and teachers of the law enforced the law.

and Peter the dieatary law...

Jesus gave new guidelines about food.

If the Law could be changed why not change it before He had to be sacrificed?

Don't you know about the blood covenant?

Not “My will” He said or your will...but HIS WILL be done...boom...HIS LAW IS ETERNAL

There is a new law, and it is the old law with some changes.

Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

beloved57

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation.

Anything in the Bible that tells you to do something or not to do something is law.

Christians are not under laws or rules. To be under the law is a curse, Galatians 3:10.

You teach Salvation by Law then ! You say a sinner Christ died for is still lost and condemned unril they do something!

clefty

If you sin you get cut off and maybe killed.
see? So one law to get you kicked out another one to let you back in...so which one is against you? The purification one?

More than getting you killed it’s about teaching you discipline restraint and health...cleanliness

Some uncleanliness was removed by merely the sun going down...you didn’t have one do anything at all...the Creator did it for you...again, does that sound familiar?

If you don't purify yourself you don't get to do things such as eat the Passover dinner, etc. What is your 'LOL' for?
right you WANT all these rules because you WANT to worship Him the way He WANTS...because He WANTS YOU TO LIVE...

AND YET YOU STILL INSIST THE MEANS BY WHICH TO DO THIS WERE AGAINST YOU AND ABOLISHED...

(sorry my shift button got stuck)

Could you give scriptures for that?
the wages of sin is death...death is that ordnance which does not PASS OVER your house...unless you have faith and obey

Jesus came and taught the guidelines for the new covenant, and then he shed his blood for the new covenant.
taught and exemplified...yup signed and sealed it...can’t make any changes now...so they hurried to bury Him lest He hang overnight in the tree...and rested on the Sabbath

The Pharisees and teachers of the law enforced the law.
which He affirmed and instructed they DO as they say not as they do...THEY STILL WANTED TO...and it remained His faith until He was killed...cant change it now...

Jesus gave new guidelines about food.
nope...maybe that you don’t need to wash your hands before you eat but that’s hardly new...translators thought so and added a commentary but peter kept kosher long after He left...

Don't you know about the blood covenant?
what about it? As Lawgiver He can do whatever right?

There is a new law, and it is the old law with some changes.
new contract new signers same terms and conditions...except the blood loss and death part...you know, the ordinances against you...

The old bride was put away for whoredom...she killed Her Husband releasing the contract but He is back looking for a new bride...He has the same taste in woman too...namely obedient and faithful to Him His Way and Will

Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
the law of priesthood and now even we are priests ministering the new agreement establishing the same Law...for the same promise and

clefty

I was talking about you who is under the law and subject to the law.

I am not under any kind of rules or laws. I am God's free man in Jesus Christ.

One can not serve two masters...you are bought and remain a slave...”doulos” in greek is ONLY slave...you are fortunate His yoke is easy and His burden is light...teach there is not even the least of these laws and you are the least...

What you are free from is the consequences of sin the breaking of the law...which is the second death...the eternal one

LOL...your diabolical twisting however brings a real irony to

“The best slave is the one who thinks he is free.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thinking you are free indicates exactly who your master is...

Robert Pate

Banned
One can not serve two masters...you are bought and remain a slave...”doulos” in greek is ONLY slave...you are fortunate His yoke is easy and His burden is light...teach there is not even the least of these laws and you are the least...

What you are free from is the consequences of sin the breaking of the law...which is the second death...the eternal one

LOL...your diabolical twisting however brings a real irony to

“The best slave is the one who thinks he is free.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thinking you are free indicates exactly who your master is...

Jesus has made us free from sin, death, laws, rules, religion, satan, All of these things have been defeated in Jesus Christ,

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15

If you are subject to those things it is because you don't believe that Jesus is Lord over all.

clefty

Jesus has made us free from sin, death, laws, rules, religion, satan, All of these things have been defeated in Jesus Christ,

"And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15

If you are subject to those things it is because you don't believe that Jesus is Lord over all.

Because I want to do them does not make me subject to them...if I were complaining I had to wear this yoke which is light then yeah I am subject to it...

There is a reason why no one can serve two masters...the work aint gonna get done and you will be misrepresenting your true master...

Robert Pate

Banned
Because I want to do them does not make me subject to them...if I were complaining I had to wear this yoke which is light then yeah I am subject to it...

There is a reason why no one can serve two masters...the work aint gonna get done and you will be misrepresenting your true master...

If you want to live by laws and rules and not by faith and the Spirit you will perish. Your works and obedience counts for nothing because you were born into sin, Romans 5:12. The only thing that counts is faith in Christ and his Gospel.

clefty

If you want to live by laws and rules and not by faith and the Spirit you will perish. Your works and obedience counts for nothing because you were born into sin, Romans 5:12. The only thing that counts is faith in Christ and his Gospel.

And living His faith...

God's Truth

I was talking about you who is under the law and subject to the law.

I am not under any kind of rules or laws. I am God's free man in Jesus Christ.

Do you really think that Paul did not give commands?

1 Corinthians 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Hahahahahaha

Did you read that?

Paul says KEEPING GOD's COMMANDS IS WHAT COUNTS.

clefty

The purification works no longer justify; in fact, if you do them, then you have fallen from grace.

Nope...keeping them in order to be saved does...just like in the OT...

Desiring to be pure was not in order to be chosen or saved but because they already were...

clefty

The term "living his faith" is not to be found in the New Testament. We live by faith in Christ and his Gospel, plus nothing. I guess that is to simple for you.

“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”

Here twice in a row...and elsewhere...it is clear we are to live by HIS Faith and not ours

Just as His grace is given not earned...He done did it ALL...and still does more...and will complete His Work in us...

Is why we are wanting to be like Him His way...learning His Faith...since we are no longer ourselves but HIS being remade into His image...preparing now for when it will be on earth as it is in heaven...JUST AS

Robert Pate

Banned
“Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith OF Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith OF Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.”

Here twice in a row...and elsewhere...it is clear we are to live by HIS Faith and not ours

Just as His grace is given not earned...He done did it ALL...and still does more...and will complete His Work in us...

Is why we are wanting to be like Him His way...learning His Faith...since we are no longer ourselves but HIS being remade into His image...preparing now for when it will be on earth as it is in heaven...JUST AS

What that means is that Jesus had perfect faith. We don't have perfect faith, our faith is flawed because we are sinners, but Jesus had perfect faith for us. We are called to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. We cannot live by his faith, because we don't have his faith. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:23.

God's Truth

Nope...keeping them in order to be saved does...just like in the OT...

Desiring to be pure was not in order to be chosen or saved but because they already were...

Jesus cleans us and keeps us clean. The purification/ceremonial works no longer do and they will cause you to fall from grace. You can't even do the works of the law anymore. There is no temple. There is no priest in the line of Aaron. There are no daily sacrifices of lambs. You need to see that or are you deaf and blind?

Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Hebrews 12:15 Be careful that no one falls short of the grace of God, so that no root of bitterness will spring up to cause trouble and defile many.

Galatians 5:9 "A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough."

Matthew 16:6 "Be careful," Jesus said to them. "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees."

beloved57

What that means is that Jesus had perfect faith. We don't have perfect faith, our faith is flawed because we are sinners, but Jesus had perfect faith for us. We are called to live by faith in Christ and his Gospel. We cannot live by his faith, because we don't have his faith. We only have the first fruits or the down payment of the Holy Spirit, Romans 8:23.

You teach that sinners Christ both lived and died for are nevertheless still lost and condemned.

Nanja

You teach that sinners Christ both lived and died for are nevertheless still lost and condemned.

Pate, like many others in false religion, teach that the efficacy of Christ's Blood to save is dependent upon the will of men who are lost in sin, to accept or reject. But that's totally antichrist; Blasphemy!

Robert Pate

Banned
Jesus cleans us and keeps us clean. The purification/ceremonial works no longer do and they will cause you to fall from grace. You can't even do the works of the law anymore. There is no temple. There is no priest in the line of Aaron. There are no daily sacrifices of lambs. You need to see that or are you deaf and blind?

Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

Hebrews 12:15 Be careful that no one falls short of the grace of God, so that no root of bitterness will spring up to cause trouble and defile many.

Matthew 16:6 "Be careful," Jesus said to them. "Be on your guard against the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees."

Trying to obey the commandments is a work of the law. Paul Said, "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" Romans 3:20.

clefty

Jesus cleans us and keeps us clean.
[

The purification/ceremonial works no longer do
never did and were actually merely symbolic...

and they will cause you to fall from grace.
if I expect them to replace the work He did...but I dont...
You can't even do the works of the law anymore.
sure you can...

There is no temple.
my body is the temple..

There is no priest in the line of Aaron.
I am a priest...

There are no daily sacrifices of lambs. You need to see that or are you deaf and blind?
right no longer need of blood letting...but there remains more than that...and many other things to celebrate...

yup said that already...not doing any of this to be justified but because He did it for me...I am just a little boy of my Father’s trying to fill His shoes...be more like Him

yes no bitterness...this is not a holier than thou contest...either you realize what was done for you and in gratitude wish to obey what is asked of you or you don't...

yup...is why it’s good to remember to celebrate the unleavened bread...

especially since it puffs you up...makes you proud of your own works and not His...pharisees too despite sitting on the seat of Moses and teaching the truth which we must do...but not doing it...that is yeast to be careful of...

Good selection of texts there...be sure you works glorify Him...His Way...

Status
Not open for further replies.