Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Lol...Sabbath is not just for jews but was made for man...or by that do you mean He lied?

“Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Please show me where His faith included Sunday Ham dinners after church...we are to do as He did yes? WWJD?

Your heart is not right. You switch it up as you go along.

beloved57

Pate, like many others in false religion, teach that the efficacy of Christ's Blood to save is dependent upon the will of men who are lost in sin, to accept or reject. But that's totally antichrist; Blasphemy!

Amen Sister !

clefty

No purification works because only he can clean you.
as it always was...He gaves us signs and symbols and ceremonies to testify our desire for Him to clean us...

That is an addition to His Word that is not there nor insinuated.

Not at all...again what comes out of a man reveals if he is clean or unclean...not what goes in...if a pork chop is headed in...well the heart is already unclean to allow that choice to occur...Paul acknowledged as much when a believer is made aware his meat has been offered to idols he should then stop eating as it is his desire to be clean not the actual meat which reveals his status...

You prove to be evil condemning me the way you have. You have shown that it is you whose hert is not circumcised. See Matthew 7:2.
how so? You are the one not wishing to do more...teaching the least of these laws not to be kept...despite your signature

You don't even speak what the scriptures say.
sure I do...Israel didnt do anything in order to become Israel...but because they already were...duh

oh good grief now what? I just should you Hebrew 10 where Paul DESTROYS the notion those in the OT sacrificed animals to take away sin/become clean...they did so to obey a symbolic ritual...

All of these laws are meant to teach us mercy rather than sacrifice...it was the hope that all these ceremonies would bring them closer to Him His way...but they failed...it didnt...

Israel never did something to become saved...they already were...left Egypt and THEN received the Law after...

clefty

Jesus tells us what to do and the scriptures say Jesus fulfilled the works of the law, i.e. circumcision and special day worship, etc.
He says to follow Him...not one sunday ham dinner do I see...

You don't do what is fulfilled already.
sure you do...you fulfil things yourself and repeat them...Your obligations as a citizen etc...fulfill chores...shopping lists...pay bills...

You are a icky foul mouth, and have condemned someone you should have none better not to.

You claim we dont need to keep all the law...and teach others the same...that is another gospel...and Paul even

took a vow to prove he did NOT preach the law was changed...that was false witness to attempt and slander him...

clefty

The scripture doesn't say pray that the Sabbath be kept in the coming time of trouble.
Matt 24:20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

Now why is that? You cant fly as fast? No but because you are not keeping the Sabbath fleeing...He was actually describing events long after His death burial and resurrection and return to heaven even...and here He expects the Sabbath to still be kept...notice He didnt instruct prayers for your safety or preservation or that the time of crises not even occur...nope...He just instructed prayers that the Sabbath would be kept...James too at the conclusion of the jerusalem council states his understanding that the gentiles would continue to hear Moses read to them every Sabbath in the synagogue...they were crowding it already every Sabbath and Paul told them to come back next week Sabbath not come back tomorrow when Christians celebrate the resurrection or mid week services on Mars Hill...but Paul instructs them to come back next week Sabbath...

Paul didn't say to keep what you say.
sure he did...wished to hurry to Jerusalem to keep the feasts...collected offerings from the gentiles to bring to jerusalem for Pentecost...made a vow he didnt teach against temple law...and repeatedly affirmed his faithfulness to the temple its law/tradition

Peter was 'kosher'?
yup resisted a temptation by vision to eat unclean and interpreted the vision to nothing about diet at all but that gentiles are no longer unclean...to preach to not eat BTW

Peter would no way think to eat pig even if killed in accordance to the jerusalem council prescriptions...Peter would know you cant make an unclean meat clean food by killing it proper and draining it of its blood...

You speak nothing of the Word of God.
heaven and earth will pass before one jot or tittle is changed...

Last edited:

clefty

I don't eat meat, but I have the freedom as a Christian to eat anything that I want to. God told Peter that he could eat anything that he wanted to eat, Acts 10:12-16.

And Peter declined and interpreted the vision as gentiles are clean...to convert not eat btw...

Even the jerusalem council confirmed the dieatary regulations were in place...

Last edited:

iouae

Matt 24:20 Pray that your flight will not take place in winter or on the Sabbath.

Maybe Mr.666 invites all to the newly built temple, on the Sabbath, to inaugurate the temple.
And maybe it's a trap, for those who have not been praying.
Maybe Mr.666's intention is to kill Sabbath Keepers or to get them together like Hitler did.

The remaining Sabbath keepers would then have to flee on the Sabbath.

Those who have been praying will stay away from any temple built in Jerusalem by some world ruler.

Just speculating

clefty

Maybe Mr.666 invites all to the newly built temple, on the Sabbath, to inaugurate the temple.
And maybe it's a trap, for those who have not been praying.
Maybe Mr.666's intention is to kill Sabbath Keepers or to get them together like Hitler did.

The remaining Sabbath keepers would then have to flee on the Sabbath.

Those who have been praying will stay away from any temple built in Jerusalem by some world ruler.

Just speculating

Mr. 666...lol

Verse 16 hints it is more than just at the temple or in jerusalem but those who are in all of Judea should flee to the mountains...I have heard argued it is because the gates in the city would be locked...again though it is meant everyone in all of Judea...

His regard for the Sabbath remains and expectations are for it to be kept and are above all other laws...He didnt ask prayers be said that no killing occur or stealing or adultery during those future times of trouble...just that the Sabbath be kept...

It’s become a favorite proof text of mine for those who would we keep just 9/10ths of the Law...

iouae

Mr. 666...lol

Verse 16 hints it is more than just at the temple or in jerusalem but those who are in all of Judea should flee to the mountains...I have heard argued it is because the gates in the city would be locked...again though it is meant everyone in all of Judea...

His regard for the Sabbath remains and expectations are for it to be kept and are above all other laws...He didnt ask prayers be said that no killing occur or stealing or adultery during those future times of trouble...just that the Sabbath be kept...

It’s become a favorite proof text of mine for those who would we keep just 9/10ths of the Law...

I think Mr.666 will have a special beef with Sabbath Keepers, including Jews and Christians. He is the "Lawless One" and the Sabbath is a law.

God's Truth

as it always was...He gaves us signs and symbols and ceremonies to testify our desire for Him to clean us...

Not at all...again what comes out of a man reveals if he is clean or unclean...not what goes in...if a pork chop is headed in...well the heart is already unclean to allow that choice to occur...Paul acknowledged as much when a believer is made aware his meat has been offered to idols he should then stop eating as it is his desire to be clean not the actual meat which reveals his status...

how so? You are the one not wishing to do more...teaching the least of these laws not to be kept...despite your signature

sure I do...Israel didnt do anything in order to become Israel...but because they already were...duh

oh good grief now what? I just should you Hebrew 10 where Paul DESTROYS the notion those in the OT sacrificed animals to take away sin/become clean...they did so to obey a symbolic ritual...

All of these laws are meant to teach us mercy rather than sacrifice...it was the hope that all these ceremonies would bring them closer to Him His way...but they failed...it didnt...

Israel never did something to become saved...they already were...left Egypt and THEN received the Law after...

You make up your own rendition and you don't speak the truth. Jesus said plainly what goes in does not make a person unclean, but what comes out. He is speaking about what comes out of their mouth, their words.

As for the blood of animals, God gave it to atone for their souls. Without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Matthew 15:11 What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them."

Leviticus 9:16 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one's life.

Hebrews 9:22 In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

God's Truth

False how? You wish not teach the least of these...

Keep 9/10ths of the Law...

Cause weaker brothers to stumble by insisting no need to keep one’s temple clean...

Food and drink doesn't keep the temple clean; Jesus keeps the temple clean.

Hebrews 9:10 They are only a matter of food and drink and various ceremonial washings--external regulations applying until the time of the new order.

Hebrews 13:9
Do not be carried away by all kinds of strange teachings, for it is good for the heart to be strengthened by grace and not by ceremonial foods, which are of no value to those devoted to them.

God's Truth

He says to follow Him...not one sunday ham dinner do I see...

sure you do...you fulfil things yourself and repeat them...Your obligations as a citizen etc...fulfill chores...shopping lists...pay bills...

You claim we dont need to keep all the law...and teach others the same...that is another gospel...and Paul even

took a vow to prove he did NOT preach the law was changed...that was false witness to attempt and slander him...

Paul took a vow so that he could go to preach to the Jews.

The Pharisees enforced the law and Paul made sure not to break it.

Paul was not looking to break the law and get arrested.

The purification works of the law were to do just that---purify.

We don't do any of the works of the law any more because Jesus' blood purifies us.

God's Truth

He didnt instruct prayers for your safety or preservation or that the time of crises not even occur...nope...He just instructed prayers that the Sabbath would be kept...

What you say is ridiculous.

Pray it does NOT take place on the Sabbath. That does not say pray for the Sabbath.

yup resisted a temptation by vision to eat unclean and interpreted the vision to nothing about diet at all but that gentiles are no longer unclean...to preach to not eat BTW
You don't listen very well. God tells him to eat; Peter says he has never eaten anything unclean. God says don't call 'unclean' what He made clean. That goes for people and food.
heaven and earth will pass before one jot or tittle is changed...

Heaven and earth did not have to pass away because Jesus fulfilled everything.

Read the scripture more carefully, with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

God's Truth

And Peter declined and interpreted the vision as gentiles are clean...to convert not eat btw...

Even the jerusalem council confirmed the dieatary regulations were in place...

There are some common sense dietary guidelines, guidelines to make sure the Gentiles do not do with food that pagan's do with their food.

God said what He has made clean don't call unclean. That goes for food and people.

1 Corinthians 10:30
If I take part in the meal with thankfulness, why am I denounced because of something I thank God for?

1 Timothy 4:4
For every creation of God is good, and nothing that is received with thanksgiving should be rejected,

Romans 14:17 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit,

clefty

What you say is ridiculous.

Pray it does NOT take place on the Sabbath. That does not say pray for the Sabbath.
sure it does...pray your flight not break the Sabbath why else would He have one pray that? He intends Sabbath keeping to continue as Paul affirms in Heb 4:9...a sabbath keeping remains for His people

You don't listen very well. God tells him to eat; Peter says he has never eaten anything unclean. God says don't call 'unclean' what He made clean. That goes for people and food.
I stick to how Peter interpreted it to mean and was never corrected on it...you can ADD it was about food...

Heaven and earth did not have to pass away because Jesus fulfilled everything.
so He destroyed the Law abolished it...Heaven and earth will pass away BEFORE any of the jots or tittles changed

Read the scripture more carefully, with the measure you use it will be measured to you and more.

Ok...

But it remains...”Here are they that keep the Commandments of Yah and the faith OF His Son”...

Status
Not open for further replies.