Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Pate

Banned
because in Him you do as He did...JUST AS...and if you dont well...

saved first then works...faith without works is dead

Will you ever give any credit to the Holy Spirit who is the Christians guide and keeper? John 16:13. You apparently are not familiar with the Spirit because you are not indwelt by him. I am very familiar with the Holy Spirit, he has been leading me and teaching me for years.

clefty

Will you ever give any credit to the Holy Spirit who is the Christians guide and keeper? John 16:13. You apparently are not familiar with the Spirit because you are not indwelt by him. I am very familiar with the Holy Spirit, he has been leading me and teaching me for years.

All credit to Him...His law is a delight...I take His yoke...carry my cross...I am His following Him His way

Leading you where teaching you what? How are you even different than before you were in Him...what sign do give to others you have changed?

Robert Pate

Banned
All credit to Him...His law is a delight...I take His yoke...carry my cross...I am His following Him His way

Leading you where teaching you what? How are you even different than before you were in Him...what sign do give to others you have changed?

The law is not his way, its your way. He nailed the law to his cross, but you don't believe it, Colossians 2:14.

You would have to know me before I became a Christian and compare me to what I am now to realize the change. My conversion to Christ was traumatic and the change was dramatic.

clefty

The law is not his way, its your way. He nailed the law to his cross, but you don't believe it, Colossians 2:14.
peter is soooo right about the unstable minds misusing Paul’s writings

You would have to know me before I became a Christian and compare me to what I am now to realize the change. My conversion to Christ was traumatic and the change was dramatic.

EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT...

So please begin...do tell

Let’s testify to what was done for us...and bare witness to what was done to us...

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
peter is soooo right about the unstable minds misusing Paul’s writings

EXACTLY WHAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT...

So please begin...do tell

Let’s testify to what was done for us...and bare witness to what was done to us...

I have told you enough, 2 Corinthians 4:5. What was done for us was that we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30. That should be your focus.

clefty

I have told you enough, 2 Corinthians 4:5. What was done for us was that we have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Jesus Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30. That should be your focus.

Why the drama? Why such Trauma? According to you it’s just believe and keep doing as you were doing...

Something sanctified is set apart from the world and from what it was before...His and according to His Way of Faith...

Th Spirit is to guide you to remain in this new you in Him...

Or your graft to the trunk will be ungrafted as per your fruit and you will be cut off not sealed...

Are you real or counterfeit as you say...

Robert Pate

Banned
Why the drama? Why such Trauma? According to you it’s just believe and keep doing as you were doing...

Something sanctified is set apart from the world and from what it was before...His and according to His Way of Faith...

Th Spirit is to guide you to remain in this new you in Him...

Or your graft to the trunk will be ungrafted as per your fruit

Are you real or counterfeit as you say...

You are very typical. Your focus is on the Christians life when it should be focused on Christ life.

Paul says that we are sinners, Romans 3:10. Sinners cannot do anything to please God. The only thing that pleases God is your faith in his Son Jesus Christ.

The Christian life is a rest, Hebrews 4:10. We have ceased from our own work (religion) and are resting in his work.

Yes, the just shall live by faith. And I fully believe Christ is able to free me from sin, and make me a servant of righteousness.

John 8:34&36 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The only ones who cannot obey God's law, are those who do not know Christ. All who know Christ can walk as Christ walked.

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, the just shall live by faith. And I fully believe Christ is able to free me from sin, and make me a servant of righteousness.

John 8:34&36 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Romans 6:18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

The only ones who cannot obey God's law, are those who do not know Christ. All who know Christ can walk as Christ walked.

You don't obey the law. You don't even come close. The law says, "Love your neighbor as yourself" Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Jesus told the rich young ruler to go sell all that he had and give it to the poor. Have you done that? No, you are not about to do that are you? What the law will make you is a hypocrite just like the Pharisees.

You don't obey the law. You don't even come close. The law says, "Love your neighbor as yourself" Do you love your neighbor as yourself? Jesus told the rich young ruler to go sell all that he had and give it to the poor. Have you done that? No, you are not about to do that are you? What the law will make you is a hypocrite just like the Pharisees.

Your argument literally just said it is impossible to love your neighbor as yourself. By your definition, if I have not sold all that I have, and given it to the poor, then that means I don't love my neighbor as myself. That means the same for you. That means you lack in the necessary love that is needed for a Christian, and therefore are unfit for heaven.

Christ was only speaking to that young, rich man (which I am not) to sell all that he had.

As for the law, I obey it, because I believe Christ made me free from sin. He gives me the power to obey Him. He lives in me. Now sure, we fall and make mistakes, and that is what confession and repentance is for. And when you repent you are wiped clean, as if you had never sinned before.

He who claims that one cannot keep God's law with the help that Christ gives Him does not know Christ.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
Your argument literally just said it is impossible to love your neighbor as yourself. By your definition, if I have not sold all that I have, and given it to the poor, then that means I don't love my neighbor as myself. That means the same for you. That means you lack in the necessary love that is needed for a Christian, and therefore are unfit for heaven.

Christ was only speaking to that young, rich man (which I am not) to sell all that he had.

As for the law, I obey it, because I believe Christ made me free from sin. He gives me the power to obey Him. He lives in me. Now sure, we fall and make mistakes, and that is what confession and repentance is for. And when you repent you are wiped clean, as if you had never sinned before.

He who claims that one cannot keep God's law with the help that Christ gives Him does not know Christ.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

If you had the Holy Spirit which you apparently don't, you would know that your righteousness is filthy rags in God eyes, Isaiah 64:6.

The law stands. "Love your neighbor as yourself" means to sell what you have and give it to the poor.

The law also says, "Give to those that ask of you" This means that when someone calls you up and wants a donation you should send them the money.

I don't think that you are keeping God's law. I think like Paul said, your righteousness falls short of the glory of God, Romans 3:23.

clefty

Salvation even came to another rich man who only pledged to give only half of his stuff. Zaccheus promised to do works after He came to his house...

Robert Pate

Banned
Salvation even came to another rich man who only pledged to give only half of his stuff. Zaccheus promised to do works after He came to his house...

That's called repentance. It is a work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. Repentance does not save, nor does it make you acceptable to God.

clefty

That's called repentance. It is a work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer. Repentance does not save, nor does it make you acceptable to God.

It means you understand you are saved and now wish to change...cuz...well...there are House rules and stuff once you grafted into adoption of a kingdom and stuff

Robert Pate

Banned
It means you understand you are saved and now wish to change...cuz...well...there are House rules and stuff once you grafted into adoption of a kingdom and stuff

There are no house rules. You just don't get it. Where there is law and rules there is judgment and condemnation. There is no condemnation for those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1-3.

clefty

There are no house rules. You just don't get it. Where there is law and rules there is judgment and condemnation. There is no condemnation for those that are "In Christ" Romans 8:1-3.

I can see you at the tree: “You’re so right Serpent! No rules!”

Status
Not open for further replies.