pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
So your saying with this post that if Nititz indeed said what he said, and it was true, your going on record as saying the President at that time acted in a barbaric and bloodthirsty manner?
No, just make your point. You've quoted this twice now, all in the face of people saying that what America did to end WWII in the Pacific was not immoral, so, is that what you mean by quoting Admiral Nimitz, yes or no?

Lon

And your a false prophet! Right I'm off.

Prophet? We don't believe there are any prophets today. You are importing your Hall ideas that none but perhaps a Charismatic would agree with. If we are talking actual prophets, the JW has had a few, each one should be put to death for his/her false prophecies of Christ's return.

No prophets in Christianity. :nono:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
but they rejected unconditional surrender
And we keep saying that, and America insisted upon it, because those people were certifiably insane and there was nothing to stop them from raising a new army and navy and starting the whole thing over again, unless we picked them apart, and that's what we did, and now Japan is a very valuable contributing country to the world.

drbrumley

No, just make your point. You've quoted this twice now, all in the face of people saying that what America did to end WWII in the Pacific was not immoral, so, is that what you mean by quoting Admiral Nimitz, yes or no?

Here, let me quote it a 3rd time....maybe this time it might sink in.

Chester Nimitz

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war."

Given in speech dated October 5, 1945 at the Washington Monument.

It matters not to me where he said it, if the President gave him a medal or not. Who cares about that, what people should care about is the content of this quote.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Here, let me quote it a 3rd time....maybe this time it might sink in.

Chester Nimitz

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war."

Given in speech dated October 5, 1945 at the Washington Monument.

It matters not to me where he said it, if the President gave him a medal or not. Who cares about that, what people should care about is the content of this quote.
Then they should have done a better job at suing for peace. Apparently, they stunk at that as much as they stunk at fighting a losing war.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
they stunk at fighting a losing war.
And why was it a losing war, even without the bombs? Because their supplylines were destroyed, way before they finally unconditionally surrendered. The writing was on the wall for a long time for Japan. No matter what they did they could not win, but they kept right on fighting and killing and dying. They were delusional people with weapons, they had zero (no pun intended) chance of prevailing, and got so crazy that they started to commit suicide as part of their offensive. Suicide. 'Sound familiar?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
they had zero (no pun intended) chance of prevailing
Americans were dying every day in the Pacific theater because these insane people wouldn't stop. Wives received dead husbands, kids were orphaned, Americans. It was over in Europe, this most massive of global conflicts, and the only reason that Americans were continuing to die out there, was because these people were certifiable, they were nuts, and they had guns and bombs and ships and planes. They were nuts. Crazy, bonkers people, and they were killing American boys. That's just insanely stupid, and that's why they got those bombs shoved where the sun don't shine (again, no pun intended), because that is the only thing that works against that type. That is what it took for them to do the right thing and unconditionally surrender.

marhig

Prophet? We don't believe there are any prophets today. You are importing your Hall ideas that none but perhaps a Charismatic would agree with. If we are talking actual prophets, the JW has had a few, each one should be put to death for his/her false prophecies of Christ's return.

No prophets in Christianity. :nono:

I'm referring to Truster setting himself up as a glorified prophet, which he isn't. Anyway who said that there are no prophets today?

And why do you keep saying that I'm a JW? I've already told you that I'm not of any denomination and I've never been a part of one either!

Lon

I'm referring to Truster setting himself up as a glorified prophet, which he isn't. Anyway who said that there are no prophets today?
I just did. Look it up if you want to know what we believe and why. The reasons are scriptural.

And why do you keep saying that I'm a JW? I've already told you that I'm not of any denomination and I've never been a part of one either!
It is the familiarity with them and your doctrine. You might have to remind me again. They have had a few false "prophets."

marhig

That's preposterous. The Bible says that Satan runs this world. (I John 5:19) That includes ALL governments, including the U.S. of A.
I couldn't believe that one, could you? That the Truman administration was a religious organisation! Oh yeah ok, that's why they sent nuclear bombs into Japan.

It was nothing to do with God, it was because both sides were fighting over their foolish fleshly desires for power, wealth and a need to win! Oh and the Truman administration decided to test a nuclear bomb in hundreds of thousands of civilians, oh yes, really godly. It is sickening!

Jesus was nothing like that, and people don't really know him if they think that he was!

This is what Jesus said to James and John who thought it was right to destroy and kill all those in a Samaritan village who did not receive Jesus. He rebuked them, and said that they know not manner of Spirit they are, (because what they were saying was of Satan), and only Satan wants distruction, and he then said he came to save not destroy! And those who are born of God and truly follow Jesus will do the same!

Luke 9

And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

This is what I say to all those who agree with the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, would you like to see your families slowly dying from radiation poisoning? Your children and grandchildren suffering in agony? And I wonder if it had of been Japan bombing America with nuclear bombs, would it still be of God?

marhig

I just did. Look it up if you want to know what we believe and why. The reasons are scriptural.

It is the familiarity with them and your doctrine. You might have to remind me again. They have had a few false "prophets."
Can you show me the scripture you are referring to? Thanks

And I don't know anything about the JWs so I can't comment on them.

Lon

Can you show me the scripture you are referring to? Thanks
I'm not quite this staunch as this link, but the scripture reasons are sound (going to bed so will look more if need be).
The author seems to try to make prophets out of a few people who I don't believe ever claimed to be, just to tear them down (strawman).
So again, just the scriptural reasons, not the website.

And I don't know anything about the JWs so I can't comment on them.
Thank you, remind me again, please, if I confuse again. I will try to remember. -Lon

marhig

I'm not quite this staunch as this link, but the scripture reasons are sound (going to bed so will look more if need be).
The author seems to try to make prophets out of a few people who I don't believe ever claimed to be, just to tear them down (strawman).
So again, just the scriptural reasons, not the website.

Thank you, remind me again, please, if I confuse again. I will try to remember. -Lon
I will look at your link, but if you can show me the scripture you mean when you get a chance? Thanks

By the way, there's also this

Ephesians 4

He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Truster

Truster is not setting himself up to be anything. There are no prophets or apostles today. There are however false teachers and counterfeit saints of which you are one. You're busy picking up doctrines along the way and then grabbing what suits your fancy. The mutually blind will go along with you, but the regenerate will not. The mutually blind will encourage you, but I will not, because you are in the broad way.

What you need now is REFORMED doctrine and will seal your destruction.

marhig

Truster is not setting himself up to be anything. There are no prophets or apostles today. There are however false teachers and counterfeit saints of which you are one. You're busy picking up doctrines along the way and then grabbing what suits your fancy. The mutually blind will go along with you, but the regenerate will not. The mutually blind will encourage you, but I will not, because you are in the broad way.

What you need now is REFORMED doctrine and will seal your destruction.

Full length mirror time again Truster!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Lie