pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

marhig

Is that it...You think that your accusation could rock my assurance. That, in and of itself, proves my case against you.
You are just full of accusations, only you are right, and maybe a couple of those who completely agree with you. And everyone else is wrong and false. Yet you don't speak the truth and you have no light!

By the way, it's not trust in evangelism, where does it say that in the Bible?

It's trust in God and our Lord Jesus Christ!

Truster

You are just full of accusations, only you are right, and maybe a couple of those who completely agree with you. And everyone else is wrong and false. Yet you don't speak the truth and you have no light!

By the way, it's not trust in evangelism, where does it say that in the Bible?

It's trust in God and our Lord Jesus Christ!

Trust is a correct translation. Faith and belief are not. Evangelism is a correct transliteration. Gospel is not.

Truster

I've just prepared and packed for a day in the mountains. I have everything necessary for my comfort and well being. I have pieces of kit that ensure I can deal with most eventualities.

Now, you could call me a liar and tell me I don't have any equipment or kit.

Guess what?

I'm off into the mountains irrespective of what you think.

marhig

I've just prepared and packed for a day in the mountains. I have everything necessary for my comfort and well being. I have pieces of kit that ensure I can deal with most eventualities.

Now, you could call me a liar and tell me I don't have any equipment or kit.

Guess what?

I'm off into the mountains irrespective of what you think.

It's great to be prepared for the mountains Truster. But God covers us with what we need, so that we are prepared to do his work. We are to rely on God!

Ephesians 6

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Reactions: Lon

musterion

The U.S. tested the prototype uranium gun weapon at Alamogordo and was confident it would work if used in war. There was no need to drop it on anyone to make sure it worked.

It was the more advanced plutonium weapon that needed testing. But it is stupid and insulting to say that the U.S. refused to accept Japan's mythical offer of complete surrender just so they could use Japan in live tests of both weapons...one of which they already knew would work...and if it is true they knew Japan was willing to quit?

Stupid.

Truster

It's great to be prepared for the mountains Truster. But God covers us with what we need, so that we are prepared to do his work. We are to rely on God!

Ephesians 6

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

That is what I was saying, but you are to blind to spiritualize my post.

marhig

That is what I was saying, but you are to blind to spiritualize my post.
No I got what you were trying to say. And what I was saying is that in God, it's not us that make ourselves comfortable, and look out for our wellbeing, we suffer to do the will of God and he covers us and keeps us safe and gives us what we need when we need it. We are just to keep our faith in him.

Matthew 6

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

How come you've got a signal up the mountain?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The U.S. tested the prototype uranium gun weapon at Alamogordo and was confident it would work if used in war. There was no need to drop it on anyone to make sure it worked.

It was the more advanced plutonium weapon that needed testing. But it is stupid and insulting to say that the U.S. refused to accept Japan's mythical offer of complete surrender just so they could use Japan in live tests of both weapons...one of which they already knew would work...and if it is true they knew Japan was willing to quit?

Stupid.

i ran across this tidbit yesterday (i'm sposed to be working on a final paper) - the japs still resisted surrendering after Nagasaki until they were erroneously convinced that we had hundreds more of the devices

and we'd already demonstrated the willingness to use them

musterion

i ran across this tidbit yesterday (i'm sposed to be working on a final paper) - the japs still resisted surrendering after Nagasaki until they were erroneously convinced that we had hundreds more of the devices

and we'd already demonstrated the willingness to use them

Yep. Some of their leadership were willing to roll the dice that we only had one and were bluffing about a second.

Some idiots on our side suggested, instead of dropping it on a city, just tell them that at 0600 we're going to drop it way out in Tokyo bay, so watch what happens.

And what if it failed to fire? Worse, what if the Japs went out recovered it? Stupid.

Truster

No I got what you were trying to say. And what I was saying is that in God, it's not us that make ourselves comfortable, and look out for our wellbeing, we suffer to do the will of God and he covers us and keeps us safe and gives us what we need when we need it. We are just to keep our faith in him.

Matthew 6

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

How come you've got a signal up the mountain?

Do you realise how stupid you sound...rhetorical.

ok doser

Then what would have made it unconditional?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrender_of_Japan

and

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2008/08/hiroshima_hoax_japans_wllingne.html

Richard Frank's Downfall has the most comprehensive account, based largely on US decrypts of Japanese communications with their diplomats in the USSR and neutral countries, and US decrypts of neutral diplomats' reports. The Foreign Minister wanted to negotiate on the basis of keeping not merely the Emperor but the "Imperial Way," i.e. the current government. Japan would give up its overseas conquests in Manchuria, China and Korea, in return for no occupation by the US and the maintenance of its full independence and armed forces. That was both a non-starter with the US and also too much for the leaders of the Japanese Army, who thought they could get better terms after smashing an American invasion attempt on the beaches. There was also both a perceived and a real risk that any peace overture would lead to assassination attempts by middle rank officers, as had happened to liberal Japanese politicians in the 20s and 30s. Even after Nagasaki, junior officers tried to stop the broadcast of Hirohito's surrender message by force.

https://www.quora.com/Did-the-Japan...re-an-atomic-bomb-was-dropped-on-them-in-WWII

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Does anybody know how many innocent American lives were lost between the first and second bomb? How many after the second bomb? Dropping those things was about protecting innocent American lives from being killed by completely barbaric and idiotic and insane and evil people who had guns and bombs and planes and a navy, and who had no chance of prevailing, a fact known to us, and they knew too---even though they ignored it, and the lost lives that resulted from their deliberate ignorance of that fact---way before they finally unconditionally surrendered.

drbrumley

From the link:

On July 26, the United States, Britain and China released the Potsdam Declaration announcing the terms for Japan's surrender, with the warning, "We will not deviate from them. There are no alternatives. We shall brook no delay." For Japan, the terms of the declaration specified:
the elimination "for all time [of] the authority and influence of those who have deceived and misled the people of Japan into embarking on world conquest"
the occupation of "points in Japanese territory to be designated by the Allies"
that the "Japanese sovereignty shall be limited to the islands of Honshū, Hokkaidō, Kyūshū, Shikoku and such minor islands as we determine." As had been announced in the Cairo Declaration in 1943, Japan was to be reduced to her pre-1894 territory and stripped of her pre-war empire including Korea and Taiwan, as well as all her recent conquests.
that "[t]he Japanese military forces, after being completely disarmed, shall be permitted to return to their homes with the opportunity to lead peaceful and productive lives."
that "[w]e do not intend that the Japanese shall be enslaved as a race or destroyed as a nation, but stern justice shall be meted out to all war criminals, including those who have visited cruelties upon our prisoners."

A session of the Potsdam Conference – those pictured include Clement Attlee, Ernest Bevin, Vyacheslav Molotov, Joseph Stalin, William D. Leahy, James F. Byrnes, and Harry S. Truman
On the other hand, the declaration stated that:
"The Japanese Government shall remove all obstacles to the revival and strengthening of democratic tendencies among the Japanese people. Freedom of speech, of religion, and of thought, as well as respect for the fundamental human rights shall be established."
"Japan shall be permitted to maintain such industries as will sustain her economy and permit the exaction of just reparations in kind, but not those which would enable her to rearm for war. To this end, access to, as distinguished from control of, raw materials shall be permitted. Eventual Japanese participation in world trade relations shall be permitted."
"The occupying forces of the Allies shall be withdrawn from Japan as soon as these objectives have been accomplished and there has been established, in accordance with the freely expressed will of the Japanese people, a peacefully inclined and responsible government."
The only use of the term "unconditional surrender" came at the end of the declaration:
"We call upon the government of Japan to proclaim now the unconditional surrender of all Japanese armed forces, and to provide proper and adequate assurances of their good faith in such action. The alternative for Japan is prompt and utter destruction."

Seems they agreed to all this prior. So what was the hold up?

ok doser

the jap military leaders were prepared to sacrifice any number of their men (and women and children) to oppose the planned invasion of the mainland

remember, these are the guys who commit seppuku before surrendering

drbrumley

Does anybody know how many innocent American lives were lost between the first and second bomb? How many after the second bomb? Dropping those things was about protecting innocent American lives from being killed by completely barbaric and idiotic and insane and evil people who had guns and bombs and planes and a navy, and who had no chance of prevailing, a fact known to us, and they knew too---even though they ignored it, and the lost lives that resulted from their deliberate ignorance of that fact---way before they finally unconditionally surrendered.

Well I do know of at least 12 American pilots killed by the Hiroshima bomb.