pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

drbrumley

The removal of an evil society that would have enslaved half the world including the US. The improvement in the standard of living for Japan. Japan becomes a model for other Asian countries like south Korea and Thailand and singapore to rise above poverty into the developed world. This meant longer lifespans and fewer infant deaths . Asians come to America and succeed. Would that have been likely to happen without WW2?

I take it you consider that America is the exceptional nation?

KingdomRose

LOL....is that the best you can do?

John was a contemporary of Jesus. Jesus died in 30AD. How old would John have been in 98AD (68 years later)?

According to most "scholars" the average lifespan of a male in the first century was 30 - 35 years.

Well excuse me, Your Eminence. It seems to me, with my little pea brain, that men lived longer than 30-35 years in Jesus' day. What is your evidence that John could not have lived to be almost 100 years old?

KingdomRose

This is the second dumbest thing you've ever said.

Nice to see you need the police. Rotfl... You are worried about your own skin and are naive to the way countries work.

I'm not worried in the least about my own skin. And I think it is you who doesn't really know how the countries work.:think:

KingdomRose

I applaud your support of our troops.

I don't believe you understand the Middle East.

I feel for the individuals involved in the demonic wars, because I don't think that most of them really know what they're involved with. The churches don't teach their people how Christ views war and that he teaches his followers to be peaceable. I do not support the wars that the troops are sent to fight. I feel sorry for them that they are being USED for the selfish ends of men who wouldn't send their own children to war and who are only interested in their own wealth and power.

You don't seem to understand the import of what I said in my posts.

KingdomRose

If one is unwilling to be part of the solution... they are rapidly part of the problem. Everyone can blame those with burden of leadership... but few press on... bloodied and determined to help others.

Teddy R said it best...

"It is not the critic who counts. ... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly ... who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

A bunch of Israelites scoffed at Goliath... but only one small Shepherd boy had the faith to "DO" something!

But war is not "part of the solution." Jesus said to be peaceable. All of his disciples said to be peaceable. If humans adhered to that teaching, there would be no need of war! So isn't THAT the solution? To act like Jesus said to act?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
:idunno:

I think I will take Admiral Leahy's word for it...

... The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender"

i suspect that the 82,000 US casualties in the battle of Okinawa, which ended** 22 June 1945, might have disagreed with Leahy

**not with the surrender of Japan

KingdomRose

I was referring to the John who wrote the Revelation.

According to your 98AD theory, John would have had to have been about 100 years old in order to write the book of Revelation in 98AD.

The Apostle Paul tells us exactly when John was given the Revelation:

(2 Cor 12:2-4) I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows. 3 And I know that this man—whether in the body or apart from the body I do not know, but God knows— 4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

No one can say just who Paul was speaking about. Some say that it might have been HIMSELF that Paul was writing about. Whoever it was, it wasn't associated with the Revelation, because he said that the person was not allowed to tell about it.

KingdomRose

as a follower of Christ, I see the deaths of those children as an act of evil

should I resist it?

or is it too "worldly" to care about innocents suffering in the world?

The best way to resist evil is to stand up for the good.

"Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay,' says the Lord. 'But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.' Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:17-21, NASB)

Where is our faith that Jehovah and Jesus will avenge the innocent blood spilt all over this planet? Why do we hesitate to follow God's instructions to be peaceable and wait for Him to remedy all these horrible situations? (Some of the children killed in these awful attacks have been killed by Americans! That is not OK "because all wars have casualties.")

musterion

The best way to resist evil is to stand up for the good.

"Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay,' says the Lord. 'But if your enemy is hungry, feed him, and if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.' Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:17-21, NASB)

Where is our faith that Jehovah and Jesus will avenge the innocent blood spilt all over this planet? Why do we hesitate to follow God's instructions to be peaceable and wait for Him to remedy all these horrible situations? (Some of the children killed in these awful attacks have been killed by Americans! That is not OK "because all wars have casualties.")

Wanna know a far greater evil than war?

Believing and preaching false gospels, as you do.

KingdomRose

so we should turn our backs on children getting gassed?

if we see a child getting beaten or raped right in front of us, we should shrug our shoulders and say "oh well, the world will take care of itself"?

You say I'M retarded. Of course any person with a spine will help a child that is being beaten or raped! But war is something else. Do you realize that Americans are responsible for killing many citizens, children included? Is that OK with you?

KingdomRose

The killing of any child is devastating, but my point is where does it end, do we then go and send in armies and then more children, and innocents are killed?

I have always said, that I would always defend any child being attacked in front of me. But there's a difference in defending something that is happening there and then in front of you, than going into war and killing many innocent people and destroying families and bringing devastation to many people's lives.

War brings total distruction, and Satan is behind all war, fighting and hatred. Those things are not of God. God is love and there is no darkness in him. War is of this world, and the world will all fight amongst themselves and kill one another. But those born of God have a purpose, and that is to do Gods will, bring his word and love to others through Christ, and glorify God. We should be turning from war and fighting. As i said, those born of God have the sword of the Spirit, and that's our weapon to use.

Absolutely! Well said.

KingdomRose

Three words in rebuttal:

Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

You never paid any attention to what those bombs did to civilians in those cities? To CHILDREN? You are an idiot. (And there is some thinking along the lines of the Japanese were already ready to surrender. Dropping those bombs was a pure act of evil.)

KingdomRose

Go and read revelation....and tremble, because the Yah Shua of your imagination is nothing like Him.

Marhig, I have almost gotten sick to my stomach reading what these bloodthirsty excuses for human beings have been saying. You have the heart of Christ, and they are of the world directed by the evil one (I John 5:19). Don't be dragged down by them and become down-hearted. Jehovah will have His day, and there won't be evil people around to keep hatred going for too much longer.