pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Whoever it was, it wasn't associated with the Revelation, because he said that the person was not allowed to tell about it.

(Rev 10:4) And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, “Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down.

Reactions: Lon

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
(And there is some thinking along the lines of the Japanese were already ready to surrender.
"Some thinking?" You better do a little more to substantiate what you're about to accuse the good guys of below. You need hard evidence, and you don't have any.
Dropping those bombs was a pure act of evil.)
No it was not. You are a pure idiot for saying that. The emperor wasn't even going to surrender after the first bomb, because he thought that maybe we didn't have another one. He rolled the dice with his own people's lives, wagering their lives that we couldn't follow our hand with the second bomb. Everybody is darn lucky that that eternal fool finally gave up the ghost* after the second bomb, or else there would have had to be months and maybe years more killing, because those fool Japanese would never have surrendered.

*He didn't die, he did surrender. "Gave up the ghost" is the wrong expression. I was on a roll....

Last edited:

drbrumley

i suspect that the 82,000 US casualties in the battle of Okinawa, which ended** 22 June 1945, might have disagreed with Leahy

**not with the surrender of Japan

I'm sorry my friend...

Chester Nimitz

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war."

Given in speech dated October 5, 1945 at the Washington Monument.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That's preposterous. The Bible says that Satan runs this world. (I John 5:19) That includes ALL governments, including the U.S. of A.

(Rom 13:1) Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry my friend...

Chester Nimitz

"The Japanese had, in fact, already sued for peace before the atomic age was announced to the world with the destruction of Hiroshima and before the Russian entry into the war."

Given in speech dated October 5, 1945 at the Washingtom Monument.
Unconditionally?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
(Rom 13:1) Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
It is against forum regulations to quoth Paul to a JW.

:)

KingdomRose

You are wound up by the ruler of this world like the Energizer Bunny! Listen, Your Eminence, God has not literally picked governmental heads to rule the countries. He ALLOWS the governments to exist so that there won't be absolute chaos. We are to obey the government we find ourselves under, because they offer some necessities for us and some protection from crime, etc. Tell me....which government is God backing in a war? BOTH of them, or, ALL of them? Answer that. How could He be behind ALL of the governments involved in a war? And if He is only behind ONE, then are the others right in obeying their governments but then ending up fighting against God? I know you will ignore this question!

drbrumley

Chester Nimitz

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Chester Nimitz

He was given a medal by the president that day, are you saying that he chose this occasion to accuse his own commander-in-chief of being barbaric and bloodthirsty?

drbrumley

He was given a medal by the president that day, are you saying that he chose this occasion to accuse his own commander-in-chief of being barbaric and bloodthirsty?

So your saying with this post that if Nimitz indeed said what he said, and it was true, your going on record as saying the President at that time acted in a barbaric and bloodthirsty manner?