"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

God's Truth

After we are made holy, perfect, and sanctified, we are to LIVE UP TO THAT.

2 Peter 1:10
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election.

Philippians 3:16 Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Ephesians 4:1 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Colossians 1:10
so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God,

Colossians 2:6
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him,

1 Thessalonians 2:12
encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.

1 Thessalonians 4:1
As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.

2 Thessalonians 1:11 Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power:

2 Thessalonians 1:5 It is a clear evidence of God’s righteous judgment that you will be counted worthy of God’s kingdom, for which you also are suffering,

elohiym

Elo,

You still cannot defend your claim of your sinlessness.

I don't have to defend innocence. Give me a break!

Jesus expects His followers to aim for perfection.

Yes. That means it's possible to attain. You are acting like nobody can attain it.

You have to be perfect to be sinless.

Jesus said you have to be perfect, so it's possible. He said the law is fulfilled in Matthew 7:12. If you can believe Matthew 7:12 describes perfect love, and you can live by that simple rule, you would be incapable of sinning.

Are you claiming to be perfect?

Yes, based on the Lord's definition of perfection, not man's definition of perfection that varies from person to person.

elohiym

Christians are perfect, sanctified, and holy.

Hebrews 10:10 and by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy

Hebrews 11:40 since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.

Hebrews 12:13 And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Hebrews 2:11 Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters.

John 17:19 John 17:19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified

Ephesians 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word,

Thank you. I hope poster Meshak studies those scriptures.

glorydaz

My goodness, they can't even come close to agreeing among themselves. This is what happens when people are so obsessed with sin and the law. They either claim they are keeping the law perfectly or they claim they are keeping it as best they can and keep "repenting" when they fail.

On the left side of the CROSS, there is the LAW, SIN, Death and Condemnation. On the right side of the CROSS, there is no Sin, no Death, and no Condemnation. Those who are obsessed with sin are in the flesh.....the Spirit of God does not dwell in them. Thus they are taken up with the flesh. Meshak, God's untruth, Elohym, and Genuine Original (and Shasta is really confused bouncing back and forth). They cannot stop thinking about sin, seeing sin in others, worrying about sin and therefore are under bondage to the Law. Look at them....that's all they can talk about. It's the forbidden fruit syndrome Paul explains so well in Romans 7.

elohiym

My goodness, they can't even come close to agreeing among themselves.

Not sure who you are talking about but Shasta agreed with a point I made, and GT and I agree on a lot.

This is what happens when people are so obsessed with sin and the law. They either claim they are keeping the law perfectly or they claim they are keeping it as best they can and keep "repenting" when they fail.

You claim to have no sin while refusing to answer whether or not you still commit any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21.

On the left side of the CROSS, there is the LAW, SIN, Death and Condemnation. On the right side of the CROSS, there is no Sin, no Death, and no Condemnation.

That's not in the Bible. Stop making stuff up.

Those who are obsessed with sin are in the flesh.....the Spirit of God does not dwell in them. Thus they are taken up with the flesh.

Those who sin are in the flesh. The writers of the Bible were obsessed with sin because it separates man from God.

Meshak, God's untruth, Elohym, and Genuine Original (and Shasta is really confused bouncing back and forth). They cannot stop thinking about sin, seeing sin in others, worrying about sin and therefore are under bondage to the Law. Look at them....that's all they can talk about. It's the forbidden fruit syndrome Paul explains so well in Romans 7.

No. We are having a discussion about whether or not salvation can be lost by sinning, necessitating that we discuss sin and its effect. :duh:

glorydaz

You have such strong delusion you can't even understand what I believe, even after I explained.

You are arguing against that idea, believing if you sin wilfully the blood of Christ will continually cleanse you.

You are arguing it is possible for the lost to have known the Lord.

It's seems you only use "grow into the image of Christ" as a cliché.

Then you shouldn't be arguing with me and claiming a believer can sin occasionally.

You are just reading "lifestyle of sin" into the passage,

Not sure who you are talking about but Shasta agreed with a point I made, and GT and I agree on a lot.

"A point"? :chuckle:

Oh, you didn't write these to Shasta? :chew:

glorydaz

You claim to have no sin while refusing to answer whether or not you still commit any of the acts listed by Paul in Galatians 5:19-21.

Paul is speaking of those who are in the flesh and their works.

I am not in the flesh because the Spirit of God dwells in me. Romans 8:9 I have been delivered from the law and I am no longer subject to it's condemnation. Try as you might, you will not drag me back into the bondage you seem to love so much.

The Law and Sin go hand in hand....you can't have one without the other (kinda like back in the old days and the song about love and marriage and horse and carriage). Being in the flesh and taken up with things of the flesh, you probably don't get the analogy, but it's there.

God's Truth

I am not in the flesh because the Spirit of God dwells in me. Romans 8:9 I have been delivered from the law and I am no longer subject to it's condemnation. Try as you might, you will not drag me back into the bondage you seem to love so much.

The Law and Sin go hand in hand....you can't have one without the other (kinda like back in the old days and the song about love and marriage and horse and carriage). Being in the flesh and taken up with things of the flesh, you probably don't get the analogy, but it's there.

If you are still sinning then you ARE still in sin.

Jesus did not die so that you could lie about sinning.

God did not nail obedience to the cross.

God's Truth

It is NOT of the flesh to obey Jesus. It is not a sin to obey Jesus.

elohiym

Yes.

If a person does any of those acts listed in Galatians 5:19-21, that proves they are not walking in the Spirit but in the flesh, doing the works of the flesh.

Do you agree?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My goodness, they can't even come close to agreeing among themselves. This is what happens when people are so obsessed with sin and the law. They either claim they are keeping the law perfectly or they claim they are keeping it as best they can and keep "repenting" when they fail.

On the left side of the CROSS, there is the LAW, SIN, Death and Condemnation. On the right side of the CROSS, there is no Sin, no Death, and no Condemnation. Those who are obsessed with sin are in the flesh.....the Spirit of God does not dwell in them. Thus they are taken up with the flesh. Meshak, God's untruth, Elohym, and Genuine Original (and Shasta is really confused bouncing back and forth). They cannot stop thinking about sin, seeing sin in others, worrying about sin and therefore are under bondage to the Law. Look at them....that's all they can talk about. It's the forbidden fruit syndrome Paul explains so well in Romans 7.

Why are you talking about sin?

LA

glorydaz

Those who sin are in the flesh. The writers of the Bible were obsessed with sin because it separates man from God.

So what did God have to do to end that separation of sinful man from Himself? He gave them the law and they couldn't keep it. He wanted them to realize that, but man just loves to lift himself up and pretend that he is like God. :nono:

So, lo and behold, Christ came and died, reconciling man to God....ending the enmity from God's side. Romans 5:10 But, wait, much more....something else was required. Each man must still be reconciled by believing the Gospel of salvation. 2 Cor. 5:20 NOT by trying to keep the law...NOT through his own efforts at all. We are reconciled when we believe and accept the free Gift God offers us. If we try and buy that gift, or earn it by our own efforts, we are not submitting to God's righteousness. Romans 10:3 Plain and simple. You claim, that you are keeping the law of righteousness....that's the same thing the Jews thought. You're just as wrong as they were.

No. We are having a discussion about whether or not salvation can be lost by sinning, necessitating that we discuss sin and its effect. :duh:

Ha....you're discussing sin because you think sin was not taken care of by Christ's death on the cross. Of course you argue against those with assurance of salvation....you're a natural man of the flesh and you have no assurance outside of what you think you can keep for yourself. That's what's so sad about a thread like this. It brings the doubters out from under the rug where we can all see them.

God's Truth

So what did God have to do to end that separation of sinful man from Himself? He gave them the law and they couldn't keep it. He wanted them to realize that, but man just loves to lift himself up and pretend that he is like God. :nono:
I can hardly believe you said such a thing.
According to you, God spent the times of Moses onward being sarcastic and ironic.

People DID OBEY the old law!

So, lo and behold, Christ came and died, reconciling man to God....ending the enmity from God's side.

According to you, God made the law to keep us further from Him.

Show me the scripture that says that.

The law was a teaching tool, and a SHADOW OF JESUS.

Romans 5:10 But, wait, much more....something else was required. Each man must still be reconciled by believing the Gospel of salvation. 2 Cor. 5:20 NOT by trying to keep the law...NOT through his own efforts at all. We are reconciled when we believe and accept the free Gift God offers us. If we try and buy that gift, or earn it by our own efforts, we are not submitting to God's righteousness. Romans 10:3 Plain and simple. You claim, that you are keeping the law of righteousness....that's the same thing the Jews thought. You're just as wrong as they were.

We enter God's grace by faith that Jesus' blood cleans us of the sins we committed and repented of doing.

See Romans 5:2.

Ha....you're discussing sin because you think sin was not taken care of by Christ's death on the cross. Of course you argue against those with assurance of salvation....you're a natural man of the flesh and you have no assurance outside of what you think you can keep for yourself. That's what's so sad about a thread like this. It brings the doubters out from under the rug where we can all see them.

Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God to clean us from our sins once and for all. That does NOT mean we no longer have to obey.
It means we do not have to work at cleaning ourselves year after year, just to go to a temple to worship God where His Spirit was, for we become the temple and are reconciled to God.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Because I'm talking to you who are in the flesh. I'm trying to tell you about how you can graduate from school. You don't need to remain under the schoolmaster. You should thank me.

How can anyone be under the law who has faith in Christ???

How can anyone be in the flesh who is in Christ??

You are defending your presumptions of the Lord by lying about others.

When did the Lord tell you that you can never be lost, even if you and John W kill 600 people.

Your view is from writings in your mind which are not in your heart.

The Bible is full of warnings against committing things which will destroy your faith and lead you into hell.

How can you be so blind to that??

LA