"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

glorydaz

You are perverting Jesus' words. Adultery requires a married person and the desire to take her from her husband. There is no law against a man appreciating the God-given form of a woman. To look is not to lust. To appreciate is not lust. Not even to become sexually aroused is to lust. Only you legalists believe that nonsense. It is adultery to covet another man's wife, just as the commandment states, and that was our Lord's point. Stop preaching legalism and license to sin.

Shut up. I've seen how you claim looking isn't lusting, and all are free to read the garbage you preach. :nono:

So you don't meet the standard that's been set. Don't speak for others. All God's children are perfect. All those who continue in sin reject their Father. See 1Jn 3:6-10.

I most certainly don't meet the standard that has been set. Which is why I'm so thanking the righteousness of Jesus Christ comes with the gift of salvation.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When a person comes to Christ as a repentant sinner God seals them with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13 and places them in Christ, Colossians 3:3.

There is no unsealing. Once you are in Christ you are eternally saved.

God does not grade sin. People grade sin. There are much worse sins than adultery. How about the sin of unbelief?

If after making a profession of faith one backslides and does not continue in the faith, chances are they never did believe in the first place, they were counterfeits.

Yep

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Read the parable of the sower.
Read Romans 11:22.

You are perverting Jesus' words. Adultery requires a married person and the desire to take her from her husband. There is no law against a man appreciating the God-given form of a woman. To look is not to lust. To appreciate is not lust. Not even to become sexually aroused is to lust. Only you legalists believe that nonsense. It is adultery to covet another man's wife, just as the commandment states, and that was our Lord's point. Stop preaching legalism and license to sin.

So you don't meet the standard that's been set. Don't speak for others. All God's children are perfect. All those who continue in sin reject their Father. See 1Jn 3:6-10.

Pardon me, Senior Bozo, but, you don't know what you're talking about.

genuineoriginal

I'm sorry if I have to chuckle a bit over this being "one of his famous anti-OSAS speeches." :chuckle:
Yes, OSAS believers often miss that Paul had several anti-OSAS speeches.

So, a prize is something you win....correct? Or you earn by working really hard, correct?
Paul uses that same word, prize, in one of his other anti-OSAS speeches.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.
26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:
27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.​

While salvation and eternal life are GIFTS.
To whom are the gifts given to?

Romans 2:7
7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:​

Is there anything Paul says to do to get eternal life?

1 Timothy 6:11-12
11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness.
12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.​

1 Timothy 6:18-19
18 That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;
19 Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.​

Why is salvation a GIFT man cannot earn or work hard for?
According to Paul's words, it is not something that cannot be earned or received after you work hard for it.

Over and over Paul states that salvation and eternal life are things to work hard to attain.

glorydaz

According to Paul's words, it is not something that cannot be earned or received after you work hard for it.

Over and over Paul states that salvation and eternal life are things to work hard to attain.

You're confusing rewards with salvation. I see you completely ignored the fact that salvation is a GIFT....not of ourselves so that none would boast.

genuineoriginal

You're confusing rewards with salvation.
There is no confusion on my side.

I see you completely ignored the fact that salvation is a GIFT....not of ourselves so that none would boast.
Don't get hung up on a single verse taken out of context and given a meaning it was never intended to have.
Go on and read the rest of the chapter to see what you have to do to receive the gift.

Ephesians 5:1-7
1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.​

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I met a pastor who preached OSAS. He said after a person accepts christ as saviour then his entry to heaven (eternal life) is secured. I asked what if he commits adultery and not repent and not get forgiveness from God. He still said that he would go but God would discipline him (he might even kill him). So i put forth a question in the following way and he could not answer it. He said go and read John's Gospel and you will understand.

notation : M --> me, P ---> the pastor

M: Is God holy?
P: Yes.
M: Does sin dwell in God's place?
P:No.
M: So if a commits adultery he will be disciplined (God might
kill him) but he will go to heaven.
P: yes.
M: Then what happens to the sin he committed ?
P: it will still be there.
M: Who will be accountable for the sin he committed. He did not ask
for forgiveness .
P: the sin will be there.
M: if that sin is still there how will he go to heaven.?
P: why are you focusing on sin leave it.

M: its because that's the thing that separates man from God.
P: you are not a man of God or else you would have simply believed instead of asking these many questions.

and he left.. can anyone answer this question.." who will be held accountable for the unforgiven sin even when the believer has not repented and asked for forgiveness".

ps. i believe that OSAS is false... dont say a true believer will never sin......

The pastor you spoke to, doesnt know the bible, the part in bold was answered poorly, no sin is imputed to a believer, because a believer is clothed in Christs righteousness, not their own.

Does Christ sin? If the answer is no, then there is no sin imputed.

You dont understand that its not our righteousness that saves us, its His.