ECT OSAS Col 3:3

rougueone

Once a person is saved are they always saved? When people come to know Christ as their Savior, they are brought into a relationship with God that guarantees their salvation as eternally secure. Scripture declare this fact.

Romans 8:30 declares, "And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified." This verse tells us that from the moment God chooses us, we are glorified in His presence in heaven. There is nothing that can prevent a believer from one day being glorified because God has already purposed it in heaven. Once a person is justified, his salvation is guaranteed - he is as secure as if he is already glorified in heaven.

====================================================
For a Christian to lose his salvation, he would have to be un-regenerated. There is no evidence that the new birth can be taken away.

John 3:15 : that whoever believes in Jesus the Christ, will "have eternal life." " Shall be Saved". Romans 10:9.
If one believe's in his/her HEART , Our-His-Her Christ--Jesus, today, and have eternal life, but lose it tomorrow, then it was never "eternal" at all. Thus, if you can lose your salvation, the promises of eternal life in the Bible would be in error. All of them.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord" . Our Holy God who saved you, me, is the same God who will keep you. Once we are saved we are always saved. Our salvation is definitely as Scripture proves, eternally secure!
==========================================================
I cannot speak for other's. But the first time I spoke aloud, ( I was alone at home), "....Jesus you said if a man believes in you, you will come into him" I assure those who may have doubt. Jesus did. Because I confessed with my mouth "Lord Jesus" and did believe in my heart, that God has raised Him from the dead.

As did the former Thief on the cross, and many other's in the Bible. by confessing Jesus, my sins were forgiven in that second, as the confession is the repentance. Repentance to salvation. I still grow, and I still sin, I sin because I elude the "renewing of my mind".

Our eternal security is guaranteed.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Heb. 10:39
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

glorydaz

Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. (1 John 3:7 NKJV)

Too bad no one has ever been righteous as He is righteous. Thus your fatal flaw.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

exactly. for ANYONE that does NOT count the Blood of Christ Holy. don't ya see ? - :patrol:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Philip preached the kingdom of God to the Samaritans.

But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. (Acts 8:12 NKJV)​

Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom of God.

And when they (Paul and Barnabas) had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

And he (Paul) went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God. (Acts 19:8 NKJV)

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 NKJV)

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? (1 Corinthians 6:9 NKJV)

context. 1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV - Romans 3:10 KJV - Romans 3:8-9 KJV - :patrol:

Acts 28:28 KJV

glorydaz

It is fulfilled in us by the Holy Spirit working with us to keep God's covenant. Simple.

No, that's not correct or that "simple". It's what the Son has done.

Read Romans 8:3-4 again. This is about what Jesus Christ has done for us. You're claiming man is doing the keeping of God's "covenant" with God's help. We are not co-saviours. :nono:

rougueone

The final words from Hebrew 10:
But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

I had a lot of shrinkage. Lot's. But God kept me from being destroyed. I feel certain it was only Gods LOVE that kept me from being destroyed.
I had seasons of severe rebellion. Long seasons of rebellion. I did suffer the consequences of my rebellion. God remained faithful to me, never letting me go. I took advantage of Gods grace. I also paid a terrible price. Here I am, proclaiming Jesus, and His incredible patience and love with me. The same patience and love God has for all those HE has called HIS own. I deserved destruction. I am wiser, matured, and stronger in Jesus now. Because of Gods undefinable Love toward me and all of HIS children.

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. "My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.…

Perhaps there are others who also rebelled, sinned, and can testify God-Jesus saved them from utter destruction.
My hope is that my testimony encourages other to recognize their rebellion, there sin, and know God still loves them and kept them.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...I still grow, and I still sin...
A Christian's life is not dominated by sin (Jn 8:36).

Like root, like fruit. :sherlock: Good trees make good fruit. Bad tress make bad fruit. :plain:

For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.

The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil (Lk 6:44–45A).

rougueone

Like root, like fruit. :sherlock: Good trees make good fruit. Bad tress make bad fruit. :plain:

For each tree is known by its own fruit. For men do not gather figs from thorns, nor do they pick grapes from a briar bush.

The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil (Lk 6:44–45A).

Amen.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You're claiming man is doing the keeping of God's "covenant" with God's help. We are not co-saviours.

Keeping Christ's covenant is about faith through which we are saved by grace.

Without faith it is impossible to please God.

oatmeal

Hi to all and Col 3:3 exposes the Anti- OSAS people as wrong and the Shabbiness of Purgatory and those who trust in Water Baptism , or Tongues or a Covenant to save them !

For you are DIED and your Life has been HIDDEN with Christ in God !

#1 , Ye have DIED or Dead /Apothesko , is a S Aorist verb that speaks of your have died and in the Active Voice , which means it is the Subject ( God ) that is producing the action and in the Indicative Mood of Fact >

#2 , IS HID / KRYPTO , is in the Greek Perfect Tense which says that when you DIED you are ALWAYS in the Present Continuous action of always being saved !

DAN P

good point.

So as to refine our thinking on this have you considered the following?

Where does Colossians 3:3 mention salvation? Does the context make that clear? Our life is hid. Our salvation should not be hidden, we are to work out, energize, our salvation. Philippians 2:12

the 12 on the day of Pentecost did not hide their salvation.

Peter and John, in healing the lame man, Acts 3, did not hide their salvation.

musterion

Were the sinning Corinthians saved?

DAN P

oatmeal;4 the 12 on the day of Pentecost did not hide their salvation. Peter and John said:
Hi , and our life is Has been HIDDEN with Christ in God !! Col 3:3

Whatbyou have written is MOOT to our discussion !!

dan p

StanJ

Hi to all and Col 3:3 exposes the Anti- OSAS people as wrong and the Shabbiness of Purgatory and those who trust in Water Baptism , or Tongues or a Covenant to save them !

For you are DIED and your Life has been HIDDEN with Christ in God !

#1 , Ye have DIED or Dead /Apothesko , is a S Aorist verb that speaks of your have died and in the Active Voice , which means it is the Subject ( God ) that is producing the action and in the Indicative Mood of Fact >

#2 , IS HID / KRYPTO , is in the Greek Perfect Tense which says that when you DIED you are ALWAYS in the Present Continuous action of always being saved !

DAN P

Actually the Greek word κρύπτω (kryptō) here, connotes; to lay up in store
here in Col 3:3, but I'm not getting why you use it to try and support OSAS, as it doesn't. The metaphorical use of made alive here only refers to the metaphysical, so I'm at a loss to understand what you are trying to say here?