ECT OSAS Col 3:3

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because I'm not preaching to the lost sheep of Israel. I preach the Gospel of Salvation...the Gospel of Grace. Which, btw, is what you should be preaching.

Philip preached the kingdom of God to the Samaritans.

But when they believed Philip as he preached the things concerning the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, both men and women were baptized. (Acts 8:12 NKJV)​

Paul preached the gospel of the kingdom of God.

And when they (Paul and Barnabas) had preached the gospel to that city and made many disciples, they returned to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, strengthening the souls of the disciples, exhorting them to continue in the faith, and saying, “We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God.” (Acts 14:21-22 NKJV)

And he (Paul) went into the synagogue and spoke boldly for three months, reasoning and persuading concerning the things of the kingdom of God. (Acts 19:8 NKJV)

Then Paul dwelt two whole years in his own rented house, and received all who came to him, preaching the kingdom of God and teaching the things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ with all confidence, no one forbidding him. (Acts 28:30-31 NKJV)

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? (1 Corinthians 6:9 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Because I'm not preaching to the lost sheep of Israel. I preach the Gospel of Salvation...the Gospel of Grace. Which, btw, is what you should be preaching.

I don't know about that, weren't Philip, Paul, and Barnabas aware of salvation and grace? But they preached the gospel of the kingdom of God which is based on salvation and grace. You left out the goal of the kingdom of God.

musterion

Sins are remitted based on repentance and we can't repent for sins we haven't committed.

They are gone when God declares that person dead to the condemning Law and alive forevermore in Christ. No law has any hold on those who have died, so their sin is gone.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
They are gone when God declares that person dead to the condemning Law and alive forevermore in Christ. No law has any hold on those who have died, so their sin is gone.

And those in the second resurrection are sinless, I agree.

glorydaz

Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? (1 Corinthians 6:9 NKJV)[/INDENT]

Do you know how righteousness is obtained? If you know that, those verses you quote will make sense.

Romans 4:3
For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Romans 10:10-11
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Philippians 3:9
And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you know how righteousness is obtained?

Sure, Paul explained, "He condemned sin in the flesh that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:4 NKJV)​

musterion

Sure, Paul explained, "He condemned sin in the flesh that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Romans 8:4 NKJV)​

You think the righteousness of Christ is obtained by walking not after the flesh but according to the Spirit?

glorydaz

Fulfilled in us...by whom? What must we do to have that "fulfilled in us"?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stopping sinning does not remit or remove ANY SIN. It was the work of the cross that took care of all sin.

No, repentance does not mean asking God for forgiveness....and then "turning from sin". If that were the case, as I said, then our Lord didn't need to come and die on the cross. We would just have to be sorry and start being good.

Repentance means to change your mind. It is a change of mind from unbelief to believing. That's why the word says to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. It's why our Lord said, "Whosoever believeth will not perish..."

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

musterion

What did Paul say?

Paul did not say the righteousness of Christ is obtained by our walking in His Spirit, as you incorrectly said he said. So I ask again: when does the believer obtain that righteousness, without which he cannot stand before God?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
hina dikaiōma nomos plēroō en hēmin peripateō mē kata sarx alla kata pneuma (Romans 8:4 Blue Letter Bible)

That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. (1 John 3:7 NKJV)

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...IS HID / KRYPTO , is in the Greek Perfect Tense which says that when you DIED you are ALWAYS in the Present Continuous action of always being saved !

"If you blow off God, He'll blow you off too." :loser: ~ Doug Giles

He did not know that the LORD had departed from him (Jdg 16:20).

"Jdg 16:20 he did not know that the LORD had departed from him. Here was the tragedy of the wrath of abandonment. His sin had caused him to forfeit the power of God’s presence. This principle is seen in Gen. 6:3; Prov. 1:24–31; Matt. 15:14; Rom. 1:24–32. See note on Judg. 10:13, 14." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 358). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
...ome workers say they have to work for everything , Hay . WOOD , and Stubble !!
Hold on to him. He'll hold on to you.

How firm a foundation you saints of the Lord,
is laid for your faith in his excellent Word!
What more can he say than to you he has said,
to you who for refuge to Jesus have fled?

Fear not, I am with you, O be not dismayed,
for I am your God, and will still give you aid;
I'll strengthen you, help you, and cause you to stand,
upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call you to go,
the rivers of sorrow shall not overflow,
for I will be with you in trouble to bless,
and sanctify to you your deepest distress.

When through fiery trials your pathway shall lie,
my grace all-sufficient shall be your supply;
the flame shall not hurt you; I only design
your dross to consume and your gold to refine.

The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
that soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no, never, no never forsake!" How Firm a Foundation, George Keith

musterion

"If you blow off God, He'll blow you off too." :loser: ~ Doug Giles

He did not know that the LORD had departed from him (Jdg 16:20).

"Jdg 16:20 he did not know that the LORD had departed from him. Here was the tragedy of the wrath of abandonment. His sin had caused him to forfeit the power of God’s presence. This principle is seen in Gen. 6:3; Prov. 1:24–31; Matt. 15:14; Rom. 1:24–32. See note on Judg. 10:13, 14." MacArthur, J., Jr. (Ed.). (1997). The MacArthur Study Bible (electronic ed., p. 358). Nashville, TN: Word Pub.

They weren't sealed.