Only a third of Jews to be saved.

chair

You don't even know what you are saying. :shocked:

I know exactly what I am saying. It is difficult to get you to pay attention. I will try one more time, with a little more detail.

The calculation that we use predicts when the astronomical new moon is with a precision of a few seconds. This time is announced in the synagogue on the Sabbath before the new month starts. So the astronomical new moon is well-known.

The New Moon celebration, however, does not always coincide exactly with the astronomical new moon. This is done deliberately.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Read what it says:

Ecclesiastes 3:21
Who knows if the human spirit rises upward and if the spirit of the animal goes down into the earth?

Solomon didn't know, he was asking a question.

NKJV Footnote: Ecclesiastes 3:21 Septuagint, Syriac, Targum, and Vulgate read Who knows whether the spirit . . . goes upward, and whether . . . goes downward to the earth?

The question presupposes animals have a spirit to work with their brain.

Their spirit will be changed for the millennium.

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them." (Isaiah 11:6)

WatchmanOnTheWall

I don't go with the astronomical new moon. I took astronomy in High School. I am a Jew now.

Shalom.

Jacob

No, this 11th month your 'Jewish' calendar started on the astronomical new moon which was the 17th January: https://www.hebcal.com/converter/?hd=1&hm=Shvat&hy=5778&h2g=1

January-2018-Moon-Calendar.jpg

And tomorrow on the 16th February your 'Jewish' calendar starts the 1st Adar which is also the astronomical new moon new moon:https://www.hebcal.com/converter/?gd=16&gm=2&gy=2018&g2h=1

February-2018-Lunar-Calendar.jpg

So Jacob why does your 'Jewish' calendar have these months starting on the astronomical new moon? The answer is because it was invented by Jewish Rabbi Hillel II in 359 AD and he used the 19 year repeating lunar cycle known as the Metonic cycle, (named after the Greek astronomer Meton of Athens) to approximate when the observable new moon is but it is only correct about half the time.

This all went over your pea brain head and you probably didn't even read it cause you are so thick.

Peace.

Last edited:

WatchmanOnTheWall

I know exactly what I am saying. It is difficult to get you to pay attention. I will try one more time, with a little more detail.

The calculation that we use predicts when the astronomical new moon is with a precision of a few seconds. This time is announced in the synagogue on the Sabbath before the new month starts. So the astronomical new moon is well-known.

The New Moon celebration, however, does not always coincide exactly with the astronomical new moon. This is done deliberately.
[MENTION=5582]Jacob[/MENTION] your Jewish friend [MENTION=5868]chair[/MENTION] still thinks the Jewish months start on the astronomical new moon. :chuckle:

WatchmanOnTheWall

NKJV Footnote: Ecclesiastes 3:21 Septuagint, Syriac, Targum, and Vulgate read Who knows whether the spirit . . . goes upward, and whether . . . goes downward to the earth?

The question presupposes animals have a spirit to work with their brain.
How many times do 'Christians' need to be told? Use the original Greek when trying to work out what the scriptures say:
http://biblehub.com/interlinear/ecclesiastes/3-21.htm notice the BIG question mark at the end just in case anyone thought it was not a question.

Their spirit will be changed for the millennium.

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb,
The leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
The calf and the young lion and the fatling together;
And a little child shall lead them." (Isaiah 11:6)

Sure animals will be here during the millennial reign and on the new Earth but even if they are in Heaven and Hell too they still will not have a spirit as we do.

WatchmanOnTheWall

They will not have a human spirit if that is what you mean.

Ahhr, that may be true but then if a human spirit is a spirit, it means that an animal spirit is not a spirit . Or in other words it is not the same as the spirit that God put into Adam and as it is not likely that God put in any spirit into animals, as there is not mention of this in the Bible then perhaps we couldn't even call it a spirit or a type of spirit.

Another problem with ascribing a spirit to an animal is that it means all animals have to have a spirit, even insects and bacteria. I could see why say a dog lover might believe their beloved rover has a spirit but then if that was true so would an amoeba.

God put the spirit into man, that we know.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The fruit fly has the smallest brain as far as we know:

Scripture indicates that animals have a spirit.

Solomon's question was who knows whether God preserves animal spirit.

In Ecclesiastes 12:7 Solomon answers his question.

"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it."

Death is defined as separation of body and spirit.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Scripture indicates that animals have a spirit.

Solomon's question was who knows whether God preserves animal spirit.

In Ecclesiastes 12:7 Solomon answers his question.

"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was,
And the spirit will return to God who gave it."

Death is defined as separation of body and spirit.

Okay but the word used used was: behemah
Strong's Concordance
behemah: a beast, animal, cattle
Original Word: בְּהֵמָה
Part of Speech: Noun Feminine
Transliteration: behemah
Phonetic Spelling: (be-hay-maw')
Short Definition: cattle
Definition: a beast, animal, cattle

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/929.htm

So does the fruit fly have a spirit? Perhaps but it is far from a beast? But I stand corrected somewhat. In fact there were these verses in my mine too:

Mark 9:48
where "'the worms that eat them do not die, and the fire is not quenched.'

i.e. worms in Hell, and:

Revelation 19:11
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True.

Horses in Heaven.

Thanks. As iron sharpens.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
[MENTION=5582]Jacob[/MENTION] your Jewish friend [MENTION=5868]chair[/MENTION] still thinks the Jewish months start on the astronomical new moon. :chuckle:

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 12-3.

No. He explained that the astronomical new moon is announced in synagogues. We are not ignorant of it at all.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, this 11th month your 'Jewish' calendar started on the astronomical new moon which was the 17th January: https://www.hebcal.com/converter/?hd=1&hm=Shvat&hy=5778&h2g=1

January-2018-Moon-Calendar.jpg

And tomorrow on the 16th February your 'Jewish' calendar starts the 1st Adar which is also the astronomical new moon new moon:https://www.hebcal.com/converter/?gd=16&gm=2&gy=2018&g2h=1

February-2018-Lunar-Calendar.jpg

So Jacob why does your 'Jewish' calendar have these months starting on the astronomical new moon? The answer is because it was invented by Jewish Rabbi Hillel II in 359 AD and he used the 19 year repeating lunar cycle known as the Metonic cycle, (named after the Greek astronomer Meton of Athens) to approximate when the observable new moon is but it is only correct about half the time.

This all went over your pea brain head and you probably didn't even read it cause you are so thick.

Peace.

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 12-3.

I do not know about the things that you are saying. I do not know if what you are saying is true.

The eleventh month has no relation to any month called January.

Neither do we observe the month of February.

Shalom.

Jacob

WatchmanOnTheWall

Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 12-3.

No. He explained that the astronomical new moon is announced in synagogues. We are not ignorant of it at all.

Shalom.

Jacob

No, Chair said: "The New Moon celebration, however, does not always coincide exactly with the astronomical new moon. This is done deliberately."

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-to-be-saved&p=5193632&viewfull=1#post5193632

He think that the new moon is sometimes on the same day as the astronomical new moon, otherwise it is his English that is incorrect.