Only a third of Jews to be saved.

WatchmanOnTheWall

This prophesy by Zechariah is yet to be fulfilled:

Zechariah 13:7-9
-7 I will turn my hand against the little ones. 8 In the whole land,” declares the Lord, “two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it. 9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’ ”

This shows that only a third of Israeli's will become Christians before Jesus returns. The other two thirds will go to Hell as they will either be temple worshipping Jews, secular or something other.

WatchmanOnTheWall

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:14)

Is "hell" the long way around?

It is a pen, (short for penitentiary or prison) when souls our held for a time.

John 10:16
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

Jesus preached to the souls there:

1 Peter 3:19
So he went and preached to the spirits in prison.

This was when He went to the Paradise side of Hell after his death:

Luke 23:43
Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.

This was not Heaven as Jesus also tell us:

John 20:17
Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'

Everyone who died in OT times (Or those who died without Jesus in NT times) went/goes to either the Paradise side of Hell or the fire and brimstone side:

Luke 16:23
In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

There is a an abyss between the two:

Luke 16:26
'And along with all these things, there stands a great abyss between us and you, so that those who would pass from here to you are not able, neither is whoever is there able to pass over to us.'

I may reveal the true answer to your question here, eventually:

http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?128427-What-ever-happened-to&highlight=

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It is a pen, (short for penitentiary or prison) when souls our held for a time.

The dead have no idea they are dead.

The brain processes inputs from vision, hearing, smell, taste, touch.

When the brain flat lines it does not process information.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus preached to the souls there:

1 Peter 3:19
So he went and preached to the spirits in prison.

Why not finish the sentence?

"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." (1 Peter 3:19-20 KJV)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
This was when He went to the Paradise side of Hell after his death:

So you believe the Tree of Life is in hell? How strange.

"To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." (Revelation 2:7)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
This prophesy by Zechariah is yet to be fulfilled:

Zechariah 13:7-9
-7 I will turn my hand against the little ones. 8 In the whole land,” declares the Lord, “two-thirds will be struck down and perish; yet one-third will be left in it. 9 This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The Lord is our God.’ ”

This shows that only a third of Israeli's will become Christians before Jesus returns. The other two thirds will go to Hell as they will either be temple worshipping Jews, secular or something other.
Shalom.

Today is Rishon, 11-26.

With all respect your interpretation is not correct.

Shalom.

Jacob

WatchmanOnTheWall

The dead have no idea they are dead.

The brain processes inputs from vision, hearing, smell, taste, touch.

When the brain flat lines it does not process information.

Correct, but the spirit still carries on processing information. We are more than just a body:

1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For those that are saved, when they die they see Jesus and are with him:

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Why not finish the sentence?

"By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water." (1 Peter 3:19-20 KJV)

That is just more detail about who Jesus preached to in Hell.

WatchmanOnTheWall

So you believe the Tree of Life is in hell? How strange.

"To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." (Revelation 2:7)

Actually there are three places in the Bible described as Paradise. The paradise side of Hell where the godly go. The Paradise of Heaven as you mention and the Paradise of the garden of Eden as translated in the Douay-Rheims Bible:

Genesis 2:10
And a river went out the place of pleasure to water paradise, which from thence is divided into four heads.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Correct, but the spirit still carries on processing information. We are more than just a body:

God gives a spirit to all creatures and at death the spirit returns to him.

The spirit works in conjunction with a brain creating a mind (psuche).

The word "psychology" is derived from psuche.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
When a person dies the brain dies.

Since the brain is dead the person is not conscious of the passing of time.

When Abel is resurrected it will be the next second in his life.

Same for Paul and anyone else.

WatchmanOnTheWall

God gives a spirit to all creatures and at death the spirit returns to him.

The spirit works in conjunction with a brain creating a mind (psuche).

The word "psychology" is derived from psuche.

That is your opinion as you have to ignore the what the Bible says inorder to believe your opinion:

1 Thessalonians 5:23
May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:8
We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"Then the dust will return to the earth as it was and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
(Ecclesiastes 12:7)

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The human spirit does not process information, the brain does.

God told mankind's progenitor, "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

Satan said, "You will not surely die."

A few of us believe God, but most people believe Satan.

WatchmanOnTheWall

Shalom.

Today is Sheni, 11-27. It is Day, Yom.

I do not know what you are talking about. There is nothing wrong with this.

Also, you are incorrect in the things that you have said in your post, your reply.

Shalom.

Jacob

You are wrong.

At the time of writing this it is the 27th of month 2

Peace

WatchmanOnTheWall

Incorrect.

I am writing you from The United States of America where it is the 28th day of the eleventh month.

It doesn't matter where in the world you are if you are using God's Calendar (created by God in the beginning) as it is calculated by when the new moon is seen from Jerusalem. I think you might be using the man made Hillel II calendar (invented in 359 AD) which uses the 19 year Metonic lunar cycle to mathematically calculate when new moons are.

Peace

Edit: Actually it is the 27th as the sun has just set.