Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

turbosixx

How many times can one be saved?

As long as their still is breath.
James 5:19 My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

iouae

How were they christians when the cross had not happened yet? What is the audience being spoken to, under law or under grace?

Ouch!!

So everything Christ said to the audience of His day had no general application, but was directed at a specific audience, viz. OT listeners?

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but is that what you believe?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
James 5:19 My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

You like that one don't you ? The multitude of sins thing right ? I think you fear for your salvation. Christ didn't do quite enough for you, you should study more and test ALL the spirits. Just skip around the Bible, selecting a verse or 3 here and a verse there. You'll piece it together while you still got some breath in ya. :rapture:

iouae

Contrariwise! That's exactly what the seal is, the earnest of our inheritance!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Sheep have to listen to his voice and follow Him. Those sheep nobody can snatch from Him.

We are not likened to sheep, but a new creature 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV. It is Israel who are likened to that of sheep (Matthew 15:24 KJV)

Again, to whom Christ was sent Matthew 15:24 KJV. You can put your hand over your eyes and ignore it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact!

Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Here we are talking about a fallen away Christian who was sanctified at some stage. He/she has lost the Holy Spirit by DESPISING that gift, or has "DONE DESPITE unto the Spirit of grace".

Let me use an analogy.

You pawn a 2 carate diamond ring and they give you a receipt (ernest). But you care so little that you lose the receipt. When you come to claim the ring they refuse to give it to you without that receipt.

That is how folks lose out. One reason is OSAS lulls them into complacency that they do not have to maintain their relationship with God. Or they get offended by the pastor not greeting them, or whatever.

iouae

Heir wrote "

We are not likened to sheep, but a new creature 2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV. It is Israel who are likened to that of sheep (Matthew 15:24 KJV)

Again, to whom Christ was sent Matthew 15:24 KJV. You can put your hand over your eyes and ignore it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact!".

I obviously don't get out enough, because I have not seen this way of explaining (away) the NT.

Now the words of Christ are not "Christian" enough and not "New Covenant" enough. And after all who was Christ sent to if it was not Israel????

Christ was sent to Israel to make believers out of them, just as He is sent to us today. Thus the parable of those on stony ground says they BELIEVED for a short while. Thus they were Christians in every sense even though they lacked Paul. Please don't tell me that Christ could not make believers without Paul!

Please tell me that I am reading you wrong. :(

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Contrariwise! That's exactly what the seal is, the earnest of our inheritance!

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Sheep have to listen to his voice and follow Him. Those sheep nobody can snatch from Him.

Again, to whom Christ was sent Matthew 15:24 KJV. You can put your hand over your eyes and ignore it all you want, but it doesn't change the fact!
[/QUOTE]

gotta love it when folks like aeiou respond to Paul's teachings trying to refute them with Hebrews.

iouae

There isn't a second resurrection for these people (Heb 10:26).

Exactly. God reads a person's faith. If there is none, there is no resurrection.

Luke 18:8 Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

This is not an irrelevant question.

Likewise God reads a person's Holy Spirit level. If it has run dry, as in a virgin with an unattended lamp, then that's finis.

Last edited:

turbosixx

It is from the simplicity that is in Christ that people's minds are corrupted (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV). God made salvation simple for us. Trust the Lord for salvation believing WHY Christ died for you and that God raised Him from the dead and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Simple.

Paul's sermon in Acts 13 doesn't say he died for our sins but through him.

38 Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you,

iouae

Make up your mind; Hebrews 10:26 or 1 John 1:9?

Well at least I know you have read Heb 10:26 since you quoted it.

I would have imagined this to be the last scripture you would quote since it describes those who fall away and lose eternal life.

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth,... thus this is talking to Christians....

... there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, (still speaking to the fallen away Christian) an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

So here a Christian has despised the blood of Christ, and will endure a sorer punishment than death under Moses' law. This is clearly speaking of the second death or eternal death.

iouae

Those who have full assurance of salvation have a peace that passes understanding. Wouldn't you love to have that same peace? You could.

Skating on thin ice out of ignorance gives full peace too. But it's not the peace I want.

Peace without reality usually wakes one up when the ice cracks and one takes a nice cold baptism. Unfortunately with OSAS, that wake up call is the same as the Lazarus in hell one - too late.

iouae

I thought it was through Tiny Tim.

Tiny Tim was an American singer, ukulele player, and musical archivist. He is best remembered for his rendition of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" sung in a high falsetto/vibrato voice. (Youtube)​

They really knew how to write meaningful lyrics in those days ;)

"Tip-Toe Thru' The Tulips With Me"
(originally by Nick Lucas)

Tiptoe through the window
By the window, that is where I'll be
Come tiptoe through the tulips with me

Oh, tiptoe from the garden
By the garden of the willow tree
And tiptoe through the tulips with me

Knee deep in flowers we'll stray
We'll keep the showers away
And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight
Will you pardon me?

Knee deep in flowers we'll stray
We'll keep the showers away
And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight
Will you pardon me?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Skating on thin ice out of ignorance gives full peace too. But it's not the peace I want.

Peace without reality usually wakes one up when the ice cracks and one takes a nice cold baptism. Unfortunately with OSAS, that wake up call is the same as the Lazarus in hell one - too late.

What is that supposed to mean ? :confused:

heir

TOL Subscriber
I feel secure but I choose not to be deceived as Eve was.
1 Cor. 6:9 Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
Why did you attempt to deceive by leaving out the beginning of the verse which just so happens to be key in understanding?

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Those who have believed have the righteousness of God upon us. We are no longer "unrighteous"

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

You also left out the conclusion to the syllogism in verse 11 of 1 Corinthians 6 (those with an agenda always do)

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

iouae

What is that supposed to mean ? :confused:

It's supposed to mean this...
You can have accepted Christ, having been told you are forever saved,.
Then you neglect Him for the rest of your life in the assurance that you are OSAS.

Then you die and "surprise, surprise" wake up in hell, since your faith in OSAS will not save you, only your continual and ongoing faith in Jesus till the day you die will save you.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

iouae

Why did you attempt to deceive by leaving out the beginning of the verse which just so happens to be key in understanding?

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Those who have believed have the righteousness of God upon us. We are no longer "unrighteous"

But what if 1 Cor 6:9 describes your Christian lifestyle. And I do know "Christians" who live exactly as described in 1 Cor 6:9. Are you saying they are saved too?

Is grace not given to OVERCOME sin?
Some folks think that grace means God blinds Himself to our sin.
God "winks at sin" meaning for a short while overlooks it while we work at overcoming, but to think one can willfully live a 1 Cor 6:9 and stay saved, is a false Gospel.

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

This is not a make-believe washing or sanctification. If one does not ACTUALLY put these sins away, one is not a "were" but an "are" and make-believe "are's" are not saved.

Romans 6:6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hebrews 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Hebrews 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

Not us.