Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
We all screw up.
Drawing back is far more serious. If we draw back from God, which is entirely possible, and reject the faith, God says he will have no pleasure in that person. And if God has no pleasure in the faithless, they will not be with Him for eternity displeasing Him. For without faith it is impossible to please God.

Hebrews 10:38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
There isn't a second resurrection for these people (Heb 10:26).

Nanja

If you have rejected the faith you never had a relationship to begin with.

Faith is a Gift Eph. 2:8 and a Fruit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.
It's not a mere work of the flesh one does to become saved,
but is done by one who already Saved: The New Creature Born of the Spirit!

But it's false to believe that belief by the natural man is what causes God to save him Rom. 8:7-8!

~~~~~

heir

TOL Subscriber
When was it finished, this work of Christ? At the foundation of the world? At the cross? When you believed? When you die?
Whether we believe it or not, the work of our salvation was done 2000 years before we were ever born!

2 Corinthians 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again the third day whether or not you believe it (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV), but the only thing that will save you is trusting the Lord believing it (Romans 1:16 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

Funny that Paul never considered it a finished work in his lifetime.

Phil 3
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
The prize is the reward of the inheritance!

Colossians 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

Colossians 3:24 Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

One must be saved to serve!

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Funny how Paul entertained the possibility he could become a castaway, yet you don't.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.
Funny how you religious, but lost can't read context. I guess it's natural for you 1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV

Once again, it's about receiving the prize!

1 Corinthians 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

1 Corinthians 9:24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

1 Corinthians 9:25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

1 Corinthians 9:26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Ouch! I am scared to even ask you to explain away parts of the NT, but please do. Explain how the Gospels and all scripture is not given by inspiration and is profitable for....

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable...(2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV). It means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it. It's all written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), but it's not ALL written TO us or about us. It will require you to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV, but don't put the cart before the horse, you must be saved before the Holy Ghost can teach you (1 Corinthians 2:13 KJV). So we're back to square one with you. Paul writes TO US (Romans 11:13 KJV) that the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth (Romans 1:16 KJV althou no longer to the Jew first and also to the Greek, but to all men Titus 2:11 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). Why don't you trust the Lord believing the why of the cross and be saved so you can get on with studying thyself approved unto God?

heir

TOL Subscriber
For you to ask that question... Either you don't understand salvation, or you are just trolling. Maybe both?

If you aren't a troll, and you'd like to have a civil conversation that doesn't start with backhanded accusations, then change your tone and we can talk.

Jarrod
What is the gospel of your salvation?

heir

TOL Subscriber
If he were to allow them in, wouldn't that make heaven hell? Lk 16:19-31

Romans 5:6 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.

Romans 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Romans 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

heir

TOL Subscriber
We all screw up.
Drawing back is far more serious. If we draw back from God, which is entirely possible, and reject the faith, God says he will have no pleasure in that person. And if God has no pleasure in the faithless, they will not be with Him for eternity displeasing Him. For without faith it is impossible to please God.

Hebrews 10:38Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

Hebrews is written to Hebrews/those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It is not written to anyone in the dispensation of the grace of God.

Nanja

:chuckle: I love it. It will never be grasped.

You're a gullible, unsaved man who is tossed to and fro, carried about with every wind of doctrine
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive you!

~~~~~

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're a gullible, unsaved man who is tossed to and fro, carried about with every wind of doctrine
by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive you!

~~~~~

I knew that those such as you would not understand. It proves my point. You believe in salvation through a flower and you have the gall to call me gullible. Get real and get saved!