Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hebrews is written to Hebrews/those of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. It is not written to anyone in the dispensation of the grace of God.

Are you saying that Paul will not be part of the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven?
(Hebrews 12:23 NKJV)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Faith is a Gift Eph. 2:8 and a Fruit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.
It's not a mere work of the flesh one does to become saved,
but is done by one who already Saved: The New Creature Born of the Spirit!

But it's false to believe that belief by the natural man is what causes God to save him Rom. 8:7-8!

~~~~~

It is God's Grace that is the "gift." You have misinterpreted that verse. Calvinists have a bad habit of doing that. It's not your fault. Oh, wait a second, it is your fault.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Are you saying that Paul will not be part of the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven?
(Hebrews 12:23 NKJV)
Paul could not even be forgiven in that world, neither in the world to come (Matthew 12:31-32 KJV) unless God was going to use Paul to show something different and that's exactly what we see the scripture saith!

1 Timothy 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

1 Timothy 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

1 Timothy 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

turbosixx

Luke 8

5 A sower went out to sow his seed: ...

6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Those that wither away are those who, having believed fall away.

And for any seed that germinates and withers away, THAT'S IT.

Yep. Unfortunately, just as Eve was deceived in the garden men are being deceived today. I would love to believe OSAS, who wouldn't?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yep. Unfortunately, just as Eve was deceived in the garden men are being deceived today. I would love to believe OSAS, who wouldn't?
It is from the simplicity that is in Christ that people's minds are corrupted (2 Corinthians 11:3 KJV). God made salvation simple for us. Trust the Lord for salvation believing WHY Christ died for you and that God raised Him from the dead and be saved (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Simple.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You believe in salvation through a flower...

I thought it was through Tiny Tim.

Tiny Tim was an American singer, ukulele player, and musical archivist. He is best remembered for his rendition of "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" sung in a high falsetto/vibrato voice. (Youtube)​

turbosixx

Those who have full assurance of salvation have a peace that passes understanding. Wouldn't you love to have that same peace? You could.

I feel secure but I choose not to be deceived as Eve was.
1 Cor. 6:9 Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul tells this to Christians after he accuses them of practicing sexual immorality (5:1) and fraud (6:8).