Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So everything in red (Christ's words) is directed towards the 12 tribes, as is James, Hebrews and I presume I have missed some other books since I am still new to this idea.
The "red" on the letters is not inspired, but placed there by men much later. They are neither more or less significant. All of the Bible are the pure words of the Lord (Psalms 12:6 KJV).
Assume I consider this new truth the best thing since sliced bread.
It may be new to you, but it's right here in the scripture (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV). You'll either study to shew thyself approved unto God or be an offence (Philippians 1:9-10 KJV).

When you read a parable such as the sower went forth to sow, you say it is written to Israelites. What value do any of Christ's words have for me? Please explain the value of that parable for me.

It is written FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV). All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable (2 Timothy 3:16 KJV). Even still, our instructions are found in the form of sound words of Romans through Philemon (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV).

iouae

The point, as you seem to miss it every time something is posted, is that Hebrews is NOT written to us yet constantly you put it up against us.

Then just as a matter of interest, for whomever it is intended, what is "the truth" which Heb 10:26 is speaking about? Whenever I hear "the truth" anywhere in the NT I assume that is "the [Gospel] truth". So what truth is that?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Then why dont you believe everyone Christ died for is saved by that Death alone ? Does something else need to be done by the person ?
The difference between a saved and lost person is the righteousness of God. You cannot be "right with God" (as they say) without it. It does not come by the law or by doing something.. It is unto all, but only upon all them that believe.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Believe what? Trust the Lord for salvation believing that Christ died for our sins and that He was buried and rose again the third day.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

When you believe, the righteousness of God will be imputed to you!

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Romans 4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

iouae

Hebrews

There are more than one gospel in the Bible!

I am learning so much from you Heir. This too is new to me.

Give me an example of another Gospel in the Bible.

The only one I know is that Christ died for sinners that those who believe in Him may have their sins forgiven and inherit eternal life.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I thought Heir was on your team, team OSAS.

She is about to elaborate on this amazing truth that all scripture is written to/for us, but some of it is not for/to us. Don't discourage her.

It's called rightly dividing the word of truth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So what did you learn from Luke 8:5 ??

Enlighten me please since I obviously got the wrong learning out of it?
You are applying it TO us, which is "how you got it wrong". It's not. And why is your focus on that which pertains tot he kingdom of heaven? It should be here Colossians 3:1-4 KJV

iouae

Then why dont you believe everyone Christ died for is saved by that Death alone ? Does something else need to be done by the person ?

So beloved57 says we don't even have to believe to be saved?

Heir says we do have to believe to be saved.

Serpentdove says we have to believe, and continue walking with Jesus to the end to be saved.

That sounds quite far apart.

iouae

You are applying it TO us, which is "how you got it wrong". It's not. And why is your focus on that which pertains tot he kingdom of heaven? It should be here Colossians 3:1-4 KJV

There is not one scripture which I will be happy leaving unexplained.

And some churches teach that I might be part of the lost 10 tribes of Israel, and so might you since they got lost, and so these might apply to us. So what should a lost 10 tribe Israelite read from Luke 8:5?

heir

TOL Subscriber
So beloved57 says we don't even have to believe to be saved?

Heir says we do have to believe to be saved.

Serpentdove says we have to believe, and continue walking with Jesus to the end to be saved.

That sounds quite far apart.
Believe Paul's report:

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Who will be saved according to Paul?

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is not one scripture which I will be happy leaving unexplained.

And some churches teach that I might be part of the lost 10 tribes of Israel, and so might you since they got lost, and so these might apply to us. So what should a lost 10 tribe Israelite read from Luke 8:5?

You and me had NOTHING to do with Israel!

Ephesians 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Ephesians 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

As to the parable to whom it was written and to whom it was given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God (not us)

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

Luke 8:13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Luke 8:14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Luke 8:16 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, covereth it with a vessel, or putteth it under a bed; but setteth it on a candlestick, that they which enter in may see the light.

Luke 8:17 For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.

Luke 8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.

iouae

It is a fact in cards and in Bible understanding that ANY card/explanation trumps NO card/explanation.

Thus, in the absence of any better explanation of Luke 8:6, 13 I will have to continue believing that those who fall on rocky ground are those who hear "the truth", believe for a while, and then lose steam and wither away, thus losing their eternal life.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Glorydaz and Angel4Truth both refuse to even acknowledge folks they knew who loved the Lord and no longer do. Instead they pretend it does not happen. And if it does, they refuse to talk about this.

We don't know the extent of their experiences.

Why does a Billy Graham continue in the faith while a Charles Templeton does not?

beloved57

Believe Paul's report:

1 Corinthians 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Who will be saved according to Paul?

Waiting on a answer !

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As long as their still is breath.
James 5:19 My brethren, if any among you strays from the truth and one turns him back, 20 let him know that he who turns a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins.

Hebrews 6

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Go ahead and rectify the contradiction.

iouae

Hebrews 6

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Go ahead and rectify the contradiction.

In Jas 5 the believer is in the process of falling away, in Heb 6 the person HAS fallen away completely.

There comes a tipping point.