On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

anna - this is getting retarded, even for you

here's my defense - take it or leave it:

rape is a choice woman make when they choose to act in ways that put them in a position where they are likely to be raped
A woman might perhaps decide in her own mind all she likes to be raped but it still takes a rapist to decide to actually do it.
If no one decides to rape her then it simply won't happen, she has no ultimate choice in the matter.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't think so but what I'm still unclear on is What does bearing responsibility look like?

Good question. One that should be asked in many situations.

Liberals think that whites should bear responsibility for slavery even though the ones in question have never owned a slave or have never done what they are suppose to show responsibility for.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
tam - maybe you don't understand what's being discussed here

nobody is arguing that rape isn't wrong
I understand what is being discussed.
You are trying to lay some of the blame on the victim being raped, when the only one that is to be blamed for rape is the rapist.

All you are doing is perpetuating the search for loopholes for the perp to get away with raping the victim.

In every single instance of rape, the rapist is the only one guilty of rape.
Never the victim.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
People don't choose to be stupid ...

:think:

making the choice to be stupid:

Spoiler
HOT-GIRLS-SMOKING-BONGS-10.jpg

girl-takes-ecstasy-pill-i-007.jpg

cure_hangover_alcohol.jpg

bybee

sure i have, multiple times

but i'll do it again for you, just 'cause i like you so much:

rape is a choice woman make when they choose to act in ways that put them in a position where they are likely to be raped

Wrong! Rape is a crime committed by a man who has decided it is okay to sexually force himself on another person.
The man alone bears responsibility for that decision.

ok doser

I understand what is being discussed.
You are trying to lay some of the blame on the victim being raped

rather, i am trying to make the case that the victim bears some responsibility for her actions

In every single instance of rape, the rapist is the only one guilty of rape.

never argued otherwise

men get raped too - if i dressed in chaps and went to a gay bar and flirted with acw's buddies and drank myself unconscious and got raped, would you say that I bore no responsibility for putting myself at risk?

ok doser

My bank got robbed last week. It was the banks fault for being in a highly visible and accessible location. :plain:

were the tellers and the managers in a drunken stupor with the door wide open, after spending the day waving bundles of bills at poor people?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Wrong! Rape is a crime committed by a man who has decided it is okay to sexually force himself on another person.

Yes.

Definition of rape:

noun 1. unlawful sexual intercourse or any other sexual penetration of the vagina, anus, or mouth of another person, with or without force, by a sex organ, other body part, or foreign object, without the consent of the victim.

ok doser

again, never argued otherwise

what i am arguing is that the woman should bear responsibility for her actions when they put her in a situation where she is likely to be raped

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't think so but what I'm still unclear on is What does bearing responsibility look like?
Ok doser is trying to make the case that unless everyone else around you is acting responsible, then you can partially blame them for your own irresponsible actions.

In short, he wants to blame other people's irresponsibility for his own irresponsibility.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

again, never argued otherwise

what i am arguing is that the woman should bear responsibility for her actions when they put her in a situation where she is likely to be raped

You're contradicting yourself.

bybee

were the tellers and the managers in a drunken stupor with the door wide open, after spending the day waving bundles of bills at poor people?

I was taught "If it isn't yours, don't touch it!" "If you do not have permission, it isn't yours!"
You sound like a man advocating approval in taking advantage of someone not behaving responsibly?:confused:

ok doser

I was taught "If it isn't yours, don't touch it!" "If you do not have permission, it isn't yours!"
You sound like a man advocating approval in taking advantage of someone not behaving responsibly?:confused:

bybee - if the bank managers and tellers had spent the day drinking and waving budles of cash at poor people, and then all passed out with the bank doors wide open and people came in and walked off with the bundles of cash...

would you say that the bank managers and tellers bore any responsibility for the theft?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
then feel free to answer this one:

if a woman went down to the Ferguson riots dressed in klan robes carrying a sign that said "Michael Brown Deserved To Be Shot" would she bear any responsibility for the beating she would get?
NO!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
bybee - if the bank managers and tellers had spent the day drinking and waving budles of cash at poor people, and then all passed out with the bank doors wide open and people came in and walked off with the bundles of cash...

would you say that the bank managers and tellers bore any responsibility for the theft?
NO!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
by disagreeing with bybee? :freak:

By agreeing with her that the rapist bears "full responsibility" and then going on to repeat again that the victim should bear responsibility. You can't have it both ways. Either the rapist bears full responsibility for the act of rape - or he doesn't.

ok doser

Ok doser is trying to make the case that unless everyone else around you is acting responsible

no, but i'll try again

what i am arguing is that everybody - whether perp or victim, whether we're discussing a rape or an assault or a robbery, should bear the responsibility for their actions, insofar as they were contributory to the crime

Status
Not open for further replies.