On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Yes, Joe was responsible for going into an off-limits area, one which he was told could be dangerous. He made a bad decision and paid for it.

Yes, if a girl goes to a party with a bunch of strangers, gets drunk, and passes out then she's put herself in a dangerous situation. She may end up paying a dear price for it. Hopefully she learns from it and others can as well.

I have no problem saying that. What I don't agree would would be statements like these:
Her rape was inevitable
Her rape was her own fault
She doesn't deserve sympathy

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Made me think of this....

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Bringing up that verse implies you think rape would be a punishment for her bad behavior. Is that really what you want to say?

Quincy

There was something about 'perverted loser' in the post but that was actually from the post he was responding to. I think the infraction should be reversed.

It had /quote] at the end of that line, so it was probably just something he forgot to delete.

glorydaz

There was something about 'perverted loser' in the post but that was actually from the post he was responding to. I think the infraction should be reversed.

It should be reversed. They weren't even his words and it was a quote. Follow the link back....and they were probably well deserved words, too, since they were, in fact, directed to Doser. Bybee was just ready to jump on Res and she did. :chuckle:

glorydaz

As am I...not that I agree with his assertion because I don't but, I think we are getting a bit quick on dropping the ban hammer in this instance. There may be more to the story that we don't see.

It had /quote] at the end of that line, so it was probably just something he forgot to delete.

Follow the link back folks. Res didn't deserve this particular ban.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I certainly think the Lord allows us to pay the consequences for our bad behavior here on earth, yes.

Allowing consequences isn't the same as a punishment for one's actions, which is what I think that verse is about. Rape is not a punishment and is not deserved.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And why do you want that acknowledgement? It seems a bit vindictive.
Again, going over things in order to make wiser choices going forward, and in an attempt to help other girls, is good, but it still feels like a veiled attempt at deflecting blame and making the girl feel worse.

That sums up this thread quite nicely ...

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No, not at all. Once a person says no then that's it, end of story. Doesn't matter if they've flirted with you all night, gave all the come on signals, stripped or even during intercourse itself. If they tell you to stop and you go ahead then you're raping that person and you do not 'get off the hook' for that, at all.

It's not. No amount of initial provocative behavior puts the fault on the woman if she says no and the guy doesn't stop.

I will start by saying I was a horn dog and chased every pretty skirt there was in my younger days. I am no self righteous saint. I can conceive of no circumstance where the woman would share any culpability if I decided to rape her.

Rape is NOT a choice that women make :nono:

If it is, it's no longer rape...

A man's perspective, well stated.

glorydaz

Allowing consequences isn't the same as a punishment for one's actions, which is what I think that verse is about. Rape is not a punishment and is not deserved.

Really? I believe it is. And it's one of the most effective learning tools there is.

bybee

Really? I believe it is. And it's one of the most effective learning tools there is.

I have never been raped.
Came close once.
It would have destroyed me.
What you have just said is one of the most despicable things I've ever hear another woman say.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Follow the link back folks. Res didn't deserve this particular ban.
He'll be alright.

He should have expected it for placing himself back in the very environment he had been banned over and over again before.
It was inevitable.
He deserves no sympathy.
:rotfl:

glorydaz

I have never been raped.
Came close once.
It would have destroyed me.
What you have just said is one of the most despicable things I've ever hear another woman say.

Good grief, Bybee. What nonsense.

First, it would not have "destroyed" you. That is an over reaction.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. Now, if you want to take everything someone says so personally, I can't see much point in even trying to post on threads like this.

Thank God I am not so easily offended....is all I can say about that comment of yours. :nono:

bybee

Good grief, Bybee. What nonsense.

First, it would not have "destroyed" you. That is an over reaction.

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger. Now, if you want to take everything someone says so personally, I can't see much point in even trying to post on threads like this.

Thank God I am not so easily offended....is all I can say about that comment of yours. :nono:

It is outrageous arrogance on your part to tell me how I am allowed to react.
I do take the subject of rape very personally.
In many ways I am a tough old bird!
In many ways my heart is easily grieved.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
No, not at all. Once a person says no then that's it, end of story. Doesn't matter if they've flirted with you all night, gave all the come on signals, stripped or even during intercourse itself. If they tell you to stop and you go ahead then you're raping that person and you do not 'get off the hook' for that, at all.

Busted!

Status
Not open for further replies.