On Rape (the original statement)

Status
Not open for further replies.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
if your daughter stripped naked, smeared herself with baconfat and jumped in the tiger cage at the zoo and then complained about being mauled by the animals, would you be sympathetic?

Dodging again, I see.

Why did she have to be stripped naked? Really, work that one out in your next class. :chuckle:

glorydaz

Interesting that your scenarios tend to have women naked or stripping or pole dancing. Maybe you have some issues you need to work out.

Actually, it's one of the few instances where some fault for the woman can be assigned. I believe I brought it up first, and I did so for a reason.

My "issue" is that there seems to longer be any common sense on this particular issue. :chuckle:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Agreed.

Are we in the same thread?

I have read the post from ok doser that follows this one, and I see him telling his daughter that BECAUSE of her actions she shouldn't be surprised at being raped.

right

this does not remove any responsibility from the rapist - he is just as guilty for raping

but it's a recognition that the woman's behavior is a contributory factor

if you're going to act like a whore, don't be surprised if guys expect you to be a whore

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Actually, it's one of the few instances where some fault for the woman can be assigned. I believe I brought it up first, and I did so for a reason.

My "issue" is that there seems to longer be any common sense on this particular issue. :chuckle:

No longer? I would have thought the same as I do now, whether I was a conservative or a liberal. No woman is responsible for sexual violence inflicted on her by another.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
right

this does not remove any responsibility from the rapist - he is just as guilty for raping

but it's a recognition that the woman's behavior is a contributory factor

if you're going to act like a whore, don't be surprised if guys expect you to be a whore

That's the classic male justification for rape. Congratulations, you pathetic weasel.

glorydaz

Agreed.

Are we in the same thread?

I have read the post from ok doser that follows this one, and I see him telling his daughter that BECAUSE of her actions she shouldn't be surprised at being raped.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're in the same thread. :chuckle:

I'm afraid I would have to tell my own daughter that she should not be surprised that putting herself in certain situations results in bad things happening. It's a fact of life.

Personally, I think we have been so brain washed to parrot back that rape is NEVER the woman's fault....as if fault must be shared. Nothing takes away from the guilt of the rapist. He gets to keep all of his own fault. But, there are times when the victim must admit to her own culpability. Being where she shouldn't be and doing what she shouldn't be doing.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

I'm afraid I would have to tell my own daughter that she should not be surprised that putting herself in certain situations results in bad things happening. It's a fact of life.

Personally, I think we have been so brain washed to parrot back that rape is NEVER the woman's fault....as if fault must be shared. Nothing takes away from the guilt of the rapist. He gets to keep all of his own fault. But, there are times when the victim must admit to her own culpability. Being where she shouldn't be and doing what she shouldn't be doing.

Being where she shouldn't be or doing what she shouldn't be doing doesn't make the act of rape more understandable or justifiable, or the victim more culpable.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

feminists want women to be able to act like whores without being called on it :idunno:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Being where she shouldn't be or doing what she shouldn't be doing doesn't make the act of rape more understandable or justifiable, or the victim more culpable.
Nobody is saying it does.

What does this mean, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.