Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

heir

TOL Subscriber
It seems to be clear you don't follow Jesus.
It's you who doesn't.

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus taught the Jews... not Christians. After his resurrection and at Pentecost he sent the Holy Spirit to lead us all into truth.

If following Jesus commands were the only thing he wanted then him sending the Holy Spirit is pointless.

BTW,

Jesus' last command for His disciples was;

"Go therefor make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you".

PureX

So you are one of those who do not appreciate Jesus' teachings.
It's exactly because I appreciate Jesus' teachings that I do not become obsessed with religious obedience.
You say you are other. What is that mean?
It means I am a free human being, with a free mind, and a free heart: not enslaved to any religious ideology, political ideology, or material ideology.

HisServant

His teachings are for all His followers.

You seem to be saying that only Jews must follow His teachings.

No, his teachings were not for everyone... he said this multiple times.

The entire purpose of his earthly ministry was to teach the Jews just how far they had fallen in the way they were obedient to the law... to them it became all about obedience to the Rabbi's who had twisted the laws so badly that they no longer remembered their purpose.

Hence he said to listen to what they said but do not do what they do.

Once he had arisen, he was no longer here just for the Jews, he was here for everyone. Hence the need for his spirit.

You will also see that a lot of what the Apostles taught were in direct opposition to what Jesus taught to the Jews... you can also see them struggle with it.

Your methodology only leads to you being enslaved by some one else's interpretation of scripture.

Christ died to free us from the law... not to enslave us to another.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It's exactly because I appreciate Jesus' teachings that I do not become obsessed with religious obedience.

So Jesus is not your Lord. Ok.

It means I am a free human being, with a free mind, and a free heart: not enslaved to any religious ideology, political ideology, or material ideology.

see the above.

This thread is for Jesus' followers.

thanks.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
And that would be correct before his resurrection.

The entire purpose of his earthly ministry was to teach the Jews just how far they had fallen in the way they were obedient to the law... to them it became all about obedience to the Rabbi's who had twisted the laws so badly that they no longer remembered their purpose.

Hence he said to listen to what they said but do not do what they do.

Once he had arisen, he was no longer here just for the Jews, he was here for everyone. Hence the need for his spirit.

You will also see that a lot of what the Apostles taught were in direct opposition to what Jesus taught to the Jews... you can also see them struggle with it.

"Go therefor make disciples of all nations... teachings them to obey everything I have commanded you".

HisServant

OK.. so list his explicit commands... you wont find many... there is a big difference between his teachings and his commands.

HisServant

All His word is commands for His followers.

You don't get to pick. He is the Lord.

And that is an outright lie.

Especially since he taught mostly in parables. Of which the vast majority of people did not understand and were ignorant of their meanings.

Pretty much just how you exhibit ignorance as to Jesus' teachings vs commands.

HisServant

What is "Jesus is Lord" mean to you?

It means he is in control and reigns through the person of his Holy Spirit.

Jesus never promised us a Bible... nor did he command us to obey it.

Being a christian is so much more than just the written word... which is unintelligible to someone who does not have the Spirit to guide them... like you!

God's Truth

Why the opening post is a lie is simple

You cannot even begin to think about obeying Christ until you are saved..it is just plain impossible...just as soon make the ability to fly a condition of being a Christian.

All those who say they are obeying Jesus commands sufficient enough to be saved are liars of the highest order.

Of course, we can obey Jesus before we are saved, for it is the way to be saved.

Jesus says to humble yourself and repent and forgive, or you will never enter.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It means he is in control and reigns through the person of his Holy Spirit.

Jesus never promised us a Bible... nor did he command us to obey it.

Jesus commanded His followers to teach everything He has commanded them.

And you refuse to accept when Jesus commanded above?

God's Truth

That has nothing to do with members of the Body of Christ. We are sealed unto the day of redemption (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV, Ephesians 4:30 KJV).

I thought you said you believed what Paul says?

1 Corinthians 15:2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

Galatians 3:4 Have you experienced so much in vain--if it really was in vain?

Do you know what believing in vain means?

1 Corinthians 10:12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

Why is Paul warning us not to fall?

Romans 11:22 Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

Here Paul says they can be cut off as the unbelieving Jews were cut off.

Romans 2:3 So when you, a mere human being, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God’s judgment?

1 Corinthians 11:31 But if we were more discerning with regard to ourselves, we would not come under such judgment.

1 Timothy 3:6 He must not be a recent convert, or he may become conceited and fall under the same judgment as the devil.

What happened to the recent convert? And why does Paul warn about coming under judgement?

God's Truth

This thread is about Jesus' teachings, not Paul's.

Paul's teachings are the same as Jesus' teachings. You believed the lie that some people teach about Paul.

Paul taught obedience just like Jesus did. Why don't you read the scriptures that I posted and then you can get closer to Jesus by stop misjudging Paul Jesus' chosen.