Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why do you ignore this command of Jesus in the book of John, meshak?

John 6:28 Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."…

Id say Jesus settled the matter on works vs faith right there in His own words, why dont you believe Him and think you can do it better?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why do you ignore this command of Jesus in the book of John, meshak?
Why do we ignore Jesus when he said "Pray to the Father in secret," "Give to everyone who begs," "Love your enemies," or "Why do you call me good? Only God is good"?

...why dont you believe Him and think you can do it better?
Why do so many conservatives and Christian believers put themselves into a "I am a victim" stance?

Don't necessarily believe that any poster on this forum thinks they are "better than you." You may be merely projecting onto someone else the negative traits in yourself that you refuse to be accountable for.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Why do we ignore Jesus when he said "Pray to the Father in secret," "Give to everyone who begs," "Love your enemies," or "Why do you call me good? Only God is good"?

Why do so many conservatives and Christian believers put themselves into a "I am a victim" stance?

Don't necessarily believe that any poster on this forum thinks they are "better than you." You may be merely projecting onto someone else the negative traits in yourself that you refuse to be accountable for.

You are a fraud just like she is, neither of you believe the scriptures and would rather imply God is a liar, rather than both of you.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
wolf-gray.jpg

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So, what are the commandments?

His teachings are His commandments.

If you read the gospels, all His teachings are there. Jesus teaches us simple and clearly.

His teachings are not hard to understand. It is just hard to follow. That's why so many Christians make up complicated doctrines to deny or refuse to accept His word.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
John 6:28 Therefore they said to Him, "What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?" 29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."…

His teachings are His commandments.

If you read the gospels, all His teachings are there. Jesus teaches us simple and clearly.

His teachings are not hard to understand.

I agree - its not hard at all to understand that no one is saved by their filthy rags - but instead are saved by grace alone.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I believe, based on the historical research of the word, that salvation is all about transformation in THIS life.

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many long before he was executed by Rome. It had nothing to do with a blood sacrifice for sin and everything to do with the human heart.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I believe, based on the historical research of the word, that salvation is all about transformation in THIS life.

Jesus offered and granted salvation to many long before he was executed by Rome. It had nothing to do with a blood sacrifice for sin and everything to do with the human heart.

The scriptures declare you a fraud, wolf.

Hebrews 9:12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.

Hebrews 9:22 And according to the Law, one may almost say, all things are cleansed with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. 23 Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.…24 For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;… 25 nor was it that He would offer Himself often, as the high priest enters the holy place year by year with blood that is not his own.…26Otherwise, He would have needed to suffer often since the foundation of the world; but now once at the consummation of the ages He has been manifested to put away sin by the sacrifice of Himself.…

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You are a fraud just like she is, neither of you believe the scriptures and would rather imply God is a liar, rather than both of you.

It sounds like you are saying Jesus is a liar or a fraud, but his authentic voice is in the New Testament. You are welcome to label and mock those of us who present his voice and teachings.

But don't blame Jesus or skip his teachings.

The mere fact that your are unable or unwilling to comment on what exactly is IN the New Testament speaks volumes to me. It's folks like you who will end up destroying the faith that I love.

Like it or not, Jesus is the "norm" of the Bible. He is the definitive disclosure of God on earth.

God's Truth

Those verses all say those who are already in Christ will keep His commandments. There is no If-Then statement, eg. IF you keep my commandments THEN you will have eternal life. Those verses are saying BECAUSE you have eternal life you will keep my commandments.

The verses from Matthew 19 deals with the Jewish people keeping the commandments. The person asking Jesus was a Jew and the new Covenant had not yet been established (Jesus had not yet died and been resurrected) so the law was still applicable. Besides, if you are going to believe verses 16-19 you must also accept verse 21--go and sell all you have and give it to the poor. Have you done that?

Here is the way of salvation:

John 3:18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.”

John 20.31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

You are right, those scriptures tell us to obey TO GET SAVED.

However, once a person is saved, it does not mean they will automatically obey.

We still have to obey to stay saved.

There are many "Christians" who go against obeying Jesus to get saved and to stay saved.

God's Truth

Trusting the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation is the only requirement to be saved and sealed!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Ephesians 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
The only time ‘faith alone’ is mentioned in the Bible, it is to tell us what kind of faith not to have.

James 2:24 You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

Faith alone without any right action does not save. Apostle James says such faith is DEAD.
Many denominations call that dead faith ‘saving faith’.

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

James tells us faith alone cannot save a man. See James 2:14.

That “dead faith” is NOT the most important kind of faith ever known.

God's Truth

NONE of which have ANYTHING to do with ANY OF US!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Jesus gave us the words of God, and it is for everyone, and it is forever.

God's Truth

1. John 14:15
◦New King James Version
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

2. John 14:21
◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

3. John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

4. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

5. 1 John 2:4
◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

6. 1 John 3:22
◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

7. 1 John 3:24
◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

8. 1 John 5:2
◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

9. 1 John 5:3
◦New King James Version
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

10. Revelation 12:17
◦New King James Version
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

11. Revelation 14:12
◦New King James Version
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

And here is confirmation from Jesus of keeping Ten commandments as requirement.

Matthew 19:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18 “Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

I love these scriptures. It tells us how to love Jesus, and how Jesus will make his home with us.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. John 14:15
◦New King James Version
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.

2. John 14:21
◦New King James Version
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

3. John 15:10
◦New King James Version
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

4. 1 John 2:3
◦New King James Version
The Test of Knowing Him ] Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments.

5. 1 John 2:4
◦New King James Version
He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

6. 1 John 3:22
◦New King James Version
And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

7. 1 John 3:24
◦New King James Version
The Spirit of Truth and the Spirit of Error ] Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

8. 1 John 5:2
◦New King James Version
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments.

9. 1 John 5:3
◦New King James Version
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

10. Revelation 12:17
◦New King James Version
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

11. Revelation 14:12
◦New King James Version
Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

And here is confirmation from Jesus of keeping Ten commandments as requirement.

Matthew 19:16-19
New International Version (NIV)
16 Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?” 17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”
18 “Which ones?” he inquired.
Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’[a] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Matthew 3:10
And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

The gospel is a gospel of grace.

Ephesians 2:8-9New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

We are save by grace through faith alone. Obedience to the gospel is something that comes as a result of saving grace.

God's Truth

I agree - its not hard at all to understand that no one is saved by their filthy rags - but instead are saved by grace alone.

It is never ever wrong in any way to obey God. God does not tell us our righteous acts are as filthy rags when we do what He says.
God was speaking to the Jews WHO WOULD NOT STOP SINNING. For instance, in the old law, the Jews would sin, then they had to give a sin offering as a righteous act, they had to give sin offerings just to worship God. God did not like it that they would sin then give a sin offering and not really be sorry for their sins.

False teachers taught many wrong about the filthy rags scripture.

Our righteous act of FAITH in Jesus is a filthy rag if you do not OBEY HIM.

God's Truth

When Jesus walked the earth and had his earthly ministry, he forgave the lost sheep of Israel their sins. They were forgiven their sins by Jesus; however, to have all their sins washed away...and so that they can become the temple of God's Spirit...they had to have faith in Jesus' blood cleaning them.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him for forgiveness of sins.

All have to be made perfect by faith in Jesus' blood.

Even those who died before Jesus died on the cross had to have faith in Jesus' blood.

Hebrews 12:23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect,

Mocking You

You are just reading and making excuses not to obey as He says.

I challenged you to show me scripture where it says keeping Jesus' commandments was a requirement for salvation. You showed me scriptures where people who were already saved were told to keep his commandments.

You have not shown a conditional statement. You have not shown IF you keep His commandments THEN you will be saved.

Instead you are showing scriptures that say IF you are saved THEN you will keep His commandments.

Your assertion is false.

Why do you call yourselves Christian if you don't appreciate His teachings?

I'll take "begging the question" for $1,000, Alex.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I challenged you to show me scripture where it says keeping Jesus' commandments was a requirement for salvation. You showed me scriptures where people who were already saved were told to keep his commandments.

You have not shown a conditional statement. You have not shown IF you keep His commandments THEN you will be saved.

Instead you are showing scriptures that say IF you are saved THEN you will keep His commandments.

Your assertion is false.

I'll take "begging the question" for $1,000, Alex.

there is nothing false in the OP verses.

It is your lose that you dismiss or not accepting them.

You are only speaking against Jesus' word.

good day.