Obeying Jesus' teachings or commands is requirement for salvation.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
all naysayers of OP,

All op verses are connected saying it is conditional to inherit God's kingdom by obeying Jesus' commands.

You can run but you cannot hide.

blessings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It didn't work for the Jews....it won't work for christians either.

It did not work because they did not honor God.

In OT times, God dealt with His people as a whole, mainy.

Jesus changed to personal relationship. He judges according to what we have done.

We cannot blame our nation, our denomination or organization for our wicked deeds.

Jesus straightened up what or how OT people did wrong.

So we have no excuse for our wicked behaviors.

blessings.

beloved57

liar

2 Timothy 1:8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

the gospel of Christ is the means by which we are saved!

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1 Corinthians 15:2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

1 Corinthians 15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

We are reconciled to God by Jesus Christ

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

by the cross!

Ephesians 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

You don't believe or understand those verses you quoted, you teach that millions upon millions for whom Christ lived and died for shall wind up in hell lost in their sins in unbelief!

beloved57

It did not work because they did not honor God.

In OT times, God dealt with His people as a whole, mainy.

Jesus changed to personal relationship. He judges according to what we have done.

We cannot blame our nation, our denomination or organization for our wicked deeds.

Jesus straightened up what or how OT people did wrong.

So we have no excuse for our wicked behaviors.

blessings.

Jesus I believe in makes many righteous by His obedience Rom 5:19 !

Mocking You

all naysayers of OP,

All op verses are connected saying it is conditional to inherit God's kingdom by obeying Jesus' commands.

Listen here, Miss StompyFoot, saying something over and over again does not make it true. You're wrong. Deal with it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus makes it clear that He was sent to be our Lord and Savior by His Father.

So His word is His followers law.

If we don't obey His law, His Father will not approve of our faith.

His Father says to "listen to Him".

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus main theme is love God and love one another.

Without following Jesus' teachings, there is no way we can do that.

HisServant

Jesus main theme is love God and love one another.

Without following Jesus' teachings, there is no way we can do that.

Jesus taught the Jews... not Christians. After his resurrection and at Pentecost he sent the Holy Spirit to lead us all into truth.

If following Jesus commands were the only thing he wanted then him sending the Holy Spirit is pointless.

Jamie Gigliotti

"For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or is covetous (that is an idolator), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these thing the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience." Ephesians 5:5-6

heir

TOL Subscriber
You don't believe or understand those verses you quoted, you teach that millions upon millions for whom Christ lived and died for shall wind up in hell lost in their sins in unbelief!
You don't know what I believe, so stop speaking for me. The world's sins are paid for (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV), but those who receive not the love of the truth that they can be saved by trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) will perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV) because although the righteousness of God is unto all, it is only upon all them that believe!

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Now, go crawl back in your hole :troll:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus makes it clear that He was sent to be our Lord and Savior by His Father.
Of course when meshak says the above, she means only the Lord while on earth. And who was He sent, but unto then?

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

heir

TOL Subscriber
His teachings are for all His followers.

You seem to be saying that only Jews must follow His teachings.

Romans 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

PureX

I truly believe that the moment a Christian starts thinking that Christ is about 'obedience', is the moment they have lost sight of Christ, and have become spiritually blind. And the more people obsess about obedience, the more lost to the spirit they become, and the more enslaved they become to their own religious ideology.

heir

TOL Subscriber
"For you may be sure of this, that everyone who is sexually immoral or impure, or is covetous (that is an idolator), has no inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God. Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these thing the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience." Ephesians 5:5-6
I'm not sure why you put that in the thread, but let's look at it!

It says this:

Ephesians 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Ephesians 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

That is not speaking of the saved, but the children of disobedience:

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

among who we all (saved) had our conversation in times past

Ephesians 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.

But God!

Ephesians 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,

Ephesians 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)

Ephesians 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

It's a syllogism. You can't leave out the conclusion or it leads to confusion! Much like the ever popular religious hijacking of 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. The religious, self appointed fruit inspectors hold them over everyone's heads all the time, but hold out the good news in the conclusion! You can't do that!

1 Corinthians 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Corinthians 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I truly believe that the moment a Christian starts thinking that Christ is about 'obedience', is the moment they have sight of Christ, and have become spiritually blind. And the more people obsess about obedience, the more lost and enslaved they become.

So you are one of those who do not appreciate Jesus' teachings.

You say you are other. What is that mean? It seems to be clear you don't follow Jesus.

good day.