No Works-No Salvation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky-works

hey Squeaky - give me an example of a work that I should do to prove my faith

I said

[Mat 25:31-46
31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory.
32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides [his] sheep from the goats.
33 "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 'I [was] naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'
37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed [You], or thirsty and give [You] drink?
38 'When did we see You a stranger and take [You] in, or naked and clothe [You]?
39 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did [it] to one of the least of these My brethren, you did [it] to Me.'
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do [it] to one of the least of these, you did not do [it] to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I was hungry and you gave Me food

I was thirsty and you gave Me drink

I was a stranger and you took Me in

I [was] naked and you clothed Me

I was sick and you visited Me

I was in prison and you came to Me

OK - I've given food to the hungry and drink to the thirsty and shelter to the homeless and clothed the naked, visited the sick and came to those imprisoned

is that good enough to prove my faith, to count myself as righteous in the eyes of the Lord?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
OK - I've given food to the hungry and drink to the thirsty and shelter to the homeless and clothed the naked, visited the sick and came to those imprisoned

is that good enough to prove my faith, to count myself as righteous in the eyes of the Lord?

I said
No but its a start. You are to bring every thought in your mind to the obedience of the new testament. And to be Christ's you have to crucify all your emotions. The other ones are the works that you do on the outside. These are the works you do on the inside. And if you have done them you wouldn't be asking me any questions. Because you would know.

[2Co 10:4-5
4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

[Gal 5:24-25
24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I went after the only guarantee in the whole bible. The Holy Spirit. And He only quotes verses. And I went through many years of suffering against my emotions until they were all gone. But I know the guarantee now.

[2Co 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said
No but its a start. You are to bring every thought in your mind to the obedience of the new testament. And to be Christ's you have to crucify all your emotions. The other ones are the works that you do on the outside. These are the works you do on the inside. And if you have done them you wouldn't be asking me any questions. Because you would know.

4 For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,

24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Hey, Squeaky, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the believers which neither the patriarchs of Israel nor Israel herself was able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.

Spoiler
And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren.And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them.But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” - Acts 15:1-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts15:1-11&version=NKJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I said

Would cutting off the flesh be enough to show that we are saved?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Hey, Squeaky, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the believers which neither the patriarchs of Israel nor Israel herself was able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved.

Spoiler
And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.”Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.So, being sent on their way by the church, they passed through Phoenicia and Samaria, describing the conversion of the Gentiles; and they caused great joy to all the brethren.And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them.But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”Now the apostles and elders came together to consider this matter.And when there had been much dispute, Peter rose up and said to them: “Men and brethren, you know that a good while ago God chose among us, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe.So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us,and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith.Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved in the same manner as they.” - Acts 15:1-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Acts15:1-11&version=NKJV

I said
lol If you going to try to quote something you really should find out in what context it was said. What your trying to quote is talking about the old testament. And everyone knows I don't keep the old testament.

[Act 15:5, 10
5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses." ...
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

clefty

Faith Without Works -Is No Salvation

[Heb 6:1-3
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary [principles] of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
[Jas 3:13
13 Who [is] wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct [that] his works [are done] in the meekness of wisdom.
... 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
[Jas 2:21-24, 26
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
[Jas 1:22-25
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it], and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
[Tit 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.

xxx You cant get out of the milk understanding without works. If you dont believe in works your abiding in the milk. And you are falling short of salvation. Salvation must be worked for.

[Phl 2:12-16
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure.
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing,
15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

Oh boy here we go again...sneaky squeaky

thinks works are necessary and yet keeps only 9 of the 10...

He claims we can choose whatever whenever...

and that we have power to make Holy that which was NOT made Holy by Him and to reject that which was made Holy by Him in favor of something more convenient,,, or in tune with his own lifestyle...

clefty

do deathbed conversions/acceptances of Christ result in salvation?

what works did the thief on the cross perform?

More than most Christians...

First he observed the One being crucified with him...had a conviction from that alone

Then he repuked the other thief mocking Him...then he admitted/repented they deserved their punishment

Then declared Him innocent and in possession of a kingdom of which he wished to enter into...

Realizing this One dying beside him could grant him passage to it...he then asked Him...and was assured immediately even THAT DAY...assured he would be admitted...it is assumed he died believing that same day

clefty

I said
Most people misunderstand the thief on the cross. That was before the new testament was in effect .

[Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.

The New Testament taught and was modelled and exemplified prior His death...you just posted the proof text that after He signed the new covenant with His blood and sealed it with His death no changes post death were allowed...

We are to believe and live as He did...just as...

Not just have faith IN HIm...but the faith OF Him...live His faith...do AS He did modeling what the New Covenant life was to look like...

clefty

I said
lol You have a wild imagination. Read it for yourself. What I am saying is the rules for the thief are different than for us.

[Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.

Yes of course...lol

As if heaven is an apartheid state...some came in with one set of laws others came in by another...

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Oh boy here we go again...sneaky squeaky

thinks works are necessary and yet keeps only 9 of the 10...

He claims we can choose whatever whenever...

and that we have power to make Holy that which was NOT made Holy by Him and to reject that which was made Holy by Him in favor of something more convenient,,, or in tune with his own lifestyle...

I said
ROFLOL Where did you learn to be a heckler? At Hecklers Are Us university. I have a new word for you to learn. Because you really need it. Edification. Find out what it means.

[Rom 15:2
2 Let each of us please [his] neighbor for [his] good, leading to edification.
[1Co 14:12
12 Even so you, since you are zealous for spiritual [gifts], [let it be] for the edification of the church [that] you seek to excel.
[Eph 4:29
29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers.

clefty

I said
lol If you going to try to quote something you really should find out in what context it was said. What your trying to quote is talking about the old testament. And everyone knows I don't keep the old testament.

[Act 15:5, 10
5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, "It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command [them] to keep the law of Moses." ...
10 "Now therefore, why do you test God by putting a yoke on the neck of the disciples which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

You dont keep the NT either...you see yourself above what He did to model the NT...you claim you can do what thou whilst whenever

Oh BTW it was NOT necessary for the Ger to be circumcised or keep the law of Moses to be saved from Egypt or live with Israel...ironic no?

The fourth commandment proved that...they weren’t forced to keep the Sabbath it was given to them...yup really ironic aint it?

His people keep the Law BECAUSE THEY ARE ALREADY SAVED and identify as HIS PEOPLE...not even in the OT did they have to keep the Law in order to be saved...they wanted to...just like today...we want to...dont have to