No Works-No Salvation

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Faith Without Works -Is No Salvation

[Heb 6:1-3
1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary [principles] of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God,
2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3 And this we will do if God permits.
[Jas 3:13
13 Who [is] wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct [that] his works [are done] in the meekness of wisdom.
... 26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
[Jas 2:21-24, 26
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
[Jas 1:22-25
22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror;
24 for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was.
25 But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it], and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.
[Tit 1:10-11
10 For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision,
11 whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole households, teaching things which they ought not, for the sake of dishonest gain.

xxx You cant get out of the milk understanding without works. If you dont believe in works your abiding in the milk. And you are falling short of salvation. Salvation must be worked for.

[Phl 2:12-16
12 Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure.
14 Do all things without complaining and disputing,
15 that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16 holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Jas 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 2:8-10 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

Works are a result of faith.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

I said
ROFLOL Still trying to justify faith without works. Give it up it cant be done.
Faith-Works-Love (By Themselves they are only principles) But together they are righteousness.

People are trying to make a conclusion out of pieces and parts. It cant be done. Faith alone won't get you to heaven. Works alone won't get you to heaven. Love alone won't get you to heaven. That is the only conclusion. It takes all three working together .

XXX If all you have to present to God is faith, YOU ARE NOTHING.
1 Cor 13:1-2

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.
2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.
James 2:14
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
James 2:17-18
17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.
James 2:24
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
James 2:26
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Rom 16:26
26 but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith--
(NKJ)

XXX You are saved by grace through faith. But that is NOT SALVATION. Faith only works through love.

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
(NKJ)

Luke 6:32-33
32 "But if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them.
33 "And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same.
(NKJ)

xxx Some stand on faith and some stand on works and some stand on love. They are all principles, they have to be together. So many on here are argueing just one point or part of a whole. You need to understand. Faith without works or love is dead. Works without faith or love is vanity. Love without faith or works is useless. Love is NOT AN EMOTION. Love is an action.

So many are running on blind faith. They dont even know what faith is. In reality their useing trust as faith. Their different. Your faith should be in what is written, all of it. But faith alone will NOT get you to heaven. Works alone will NOT get you to heaven. Love alone will not get you to heaven. What you need is the true faith in the Word of God. If you have the true faith in the Word of God you would try your best to do the works that are in the Word. Now love is NOT a feeling but an action. And the only way to learn what Godly love is would be to do the works. That is how you learn what love is by trying to do the works. In the Word that you have put your faith in.

Rom 5:1-4
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance;
4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope.
Eph 2:18-20
18 For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
19 Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God,
20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone,
Eph 3:12
12 in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him.
(NKJ)

xxx Do you have real faith, or blind faith?? The true faith only works through love. True love is to suffer wrongfully. Your real faith only works when you are suffering wrongfully.

Gal 5:6
6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
(NKJ)

1 Tim 1:5-6
5 Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith,
6 from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk,
(NKJ)

xxx Even Abraham had to prove his faith with works.

[Jas 2:20-24, 26
20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar?
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness." And he was called the friend of God.
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Do you deny the truth of Ephesians 2:8-10?

I said
lolol No I don't deny it. I believe it. But that is just a part of the truth. You have always presented a piece of the not the whole truth. Do you deny that faith without works is dead?
Its nice to see your finally adding works to your beliefs.

You know Jesus has always condemned those with faith but had no works.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
[Mat 25:32-46
32 "All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides [his] sheep from the goats.
33 "And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 "Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 'for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;
36 'I [was] naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' 37 "Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed [You], or thirsty and give [You] drink?
38 'When did we see You a stranger and take [You] in, or naked and clothe [You]?
39 'Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?'
40 "And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did [it] to one of the least of these My brethren, you did [it] to Me.'
41 "Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 'for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink;
43 'I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'
44 "Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?'
45 "Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do [it] to one of the least of these, you did not do [it] to Me.'
46 "And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
As nice as it is to see you finally acknowledging works you seem to misunderstand its importance. Works is the only way to prove your faith. without proving your faith with works, faith is dead.

[Jas 2:18

[Jas 2:26

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I said
As nice as it is to see you finally acknowledging works you seem to misunderstand its importance. Works is the only way to prove your faith. without proving your faith with works, faith is dead.

[Jas 2:18

[Jas 2:26

Why would I misunderstand the importance. Works are a result of our faith, Ephesians 2:10!

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
do deathbed conversions/acceptances of Christ result in salvation?

what works did the thief on the cross perform?

I said
Most people misunderstand the thief on the cross. That was before the new testament was in effect .

[Heb 9:16-18
16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.
18 Therefore not even the first [covenant] was dedicated without blood.

Tnkrbl123!

I said
Most people misunderstand the thief on the cross. That was before the new testament was in effect .

16 For where there [is] a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament [is] in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.

ok so are you saying that "the new testament didn't come into effect until after Jesus died?" So then nothing that happened before Jesus died is legit? I'm just wondering what your opinion is. Because you said that the thief on the cross doesn't count because it happened "before the new testament came into effect" so then naturally nothing that happened before Jesus died is "the new testament" and therefore should not be used in Christianity right?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
ok so are you saying that "the new testament didn't come into effect until after Jesus died?" So then nothing that happened before Jesus died is legit? I'm just wondering what your opinion is. Because you said that the thief on the cross doesn't count because it happened "before the new testament came into effect" so then naturally nothing that happened before Jesus died is "the new testament" and therefore should not be used in Christianity right?

I said
lol You have a wild imagination. Read it for yourself. What I am saying is the rules for the thief are different than for us.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
do deathbed conversions/acceptances of Christ result in salvation?

I said
I don't see how. We have to have faith, then we have to prove our faith with works. Abraham had to prove his faith. We have to prove ours.

[Jas 2:21-22, 24, 26
22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? ...
24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only. ...

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Actually, it says that it has to be the death of the testator (ie. the one that made the covenant).
And that testator that established the covenant has to die BEFORE the covenant takes effect.

It was GOD that established both the old and the new covenant.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
no opportunity to do works

I said
There are a lot of believers that are not going to make it. Because of no works.

Some Believers Won't Make It

[Mat 7:22-23
22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?'
23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'
[Luk 6:46 NKJV] 46 "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say?
[Luk 13:24-28 NKJV] 24 "Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
25 "When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open for us,' and He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know you, where you are from,'
26 "then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.'
27 "But He will say, 'I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.'
28 "There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.

Last edited: