No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Originally posted by Jefferson

Nope: Matthew 10:14 says, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

Okey-dokey. Later!

Sozo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Originally posted by granite1010

Okey-dokey. Later!
If only, it were true.

You have become quite the resident bore, granite.

Your charade of becoming a christian and then changing your mind is not only an impossibilty, but a commentary on your inabilty to be taken seriously on any subject. It is not that you are like "The Boy Who cried Wolf", but rather "The Wolf Who Cried Boy".

All we can do is :crackup: and :sigh:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Originally posted by Sozo

If only, it were true.

Your charade of becoming a christian and then changing your mind is not only an impossibilty, but a commentary on your inabilty to be taken seriously on any subject. It is not that you are like "The Boy Who cried Wolf", but rather "The Wolf Who Cried Boy".

What a joke.

Sozo, your problem is, you have to believe this is somehow a charade...because otherwise, it can happen to anybody. Why I would devote so much time at TOL just to play a mind game is up to you, of course. If you want to really convince yourself of that, knock yourself out. Free country.

Making this up, of course, makes no sense, but it's what you choose to believe. Fine. I stopped caring what a sadist like you thought about me a long time ago.

Zakath

Resident Atheist

If only, it were true.

Ahh, Sozo...

Your charade of being a Christian is a commentarty on your inability to take seriously anyone who disagrees with you...

It's enough to make even the most patient debater cry... ;)

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Originally posted by JustAChristian

But, there was a need for a test. We are to "prove all things" (1 Thess. 5:21) in religion. Proving one is a Christian is essential to salvation. John the apostle said, "Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son." (2 John 1:9). The characteristics of a Christian is one who abided in the doctrine of Christ. What is the doctrine of Christ? It is the law of Christ (Galatians 6:2) or the "gospel" (Matthew 28:18-20; Romans 1:16). When one remains within the scope of law within the gospel then he is in Christ and is a Christian (John 8:24; Luke 13:3-5; Matthew 10:32-33; Mark 16:16; romans 6:3-5; Galatians 3:27; 2 Cor. 5:17; 2 J0ohn 1:9). Have a great rest of the day.
The greatest difficulty for we non-Christians is trying to tell which one of your religion's thousands of conflicting groups is using a useful test or interpreting the outcome of the test accurately since there does not seem to be a single, universally criteria of exactly what makes one a "Christian" in the first place. :think:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

What a joke.

Sozo, your problem is, you have to believe this is somehow a charade...because otherwise, it can happen to anybody. Why I would devote so much time at TOL just to play a mind game is up to you, of course. If you want to really convince yourself of that, knock yourself out. Free country.

Making this up, of course, makes no sense, but it's what you choose to believe. Fine. I stopped caring what a sadist like you thought about me a long time ago.
Sozo isn't accusing you of playing a charade. He's saying that you were never a Christian, you only believed you were. His definition of Christian differs greatly from yours.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Originally posted by lighthouse

Sozo isn't accusing you of playing a charade. He's saying that you were never a Christian, you only believed you were. His definition of Christian differs greatly from yours.

Sozo's worldview is askew, I'd say...

wickwoman

Originally posted by Zakath

The greatest difficulty for we non-Christians is trying to tell which one of your religion's thousands of conflicting groups is using a useful test or interpreting the outcome of the test accurately since there does not seem to be a single, universally criteria of exactly what makes one a "Christian" in the first place. :think:

Well, from reading this thread, we know it's NOT behavioral, right? So, maybe it's a genetic predisposition.:chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Zakath

Maybe "What must I do to be saved" never had an easy answer at all...

Sozo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Sozo's worldview is askew, I'd say...
From someone who believes God is, and still rejects Him, I'll take that as a compliment!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

From someone who believes God is, and still rejects Him, I'll take that as a compliment!

Belief in God and rejection of religion can go hand in hand, my good man...

Sozo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Belief in God and rejection of religion can go hand in hand

Sure... but there is only one God, and He has made Himself known through His Son Jesus Christ.

On Fire

Belief in God and rejection of religion can go hand in hand, my good man...

So which is it....are you "no longer a Christian" or are you "no longer religious"?

Gerald

Resident Fiend

Nope: Matthew 10:14 says, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."
No one wishes more than me that every fundy Christian in America, no, make that the world, would do exactly that.

Sozo

Matthew 10:14 says, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."
Originally posted by Gerald
No one wishes more than me that every fundy Christian in America, no, make that the world, would do exactly that.
In your case, that would be fairy "dust".

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Originally posted by On Fire

So which is it....are you "no longer a Christian" or are you "no longer religious"?

Neither one, particularly.

Gerald

Resident Fiend

In your case, that would be fairy "dust".
Go away, Alice. Halloween ain't here yet.

On Fire

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Neither one, particularly.

I see. That would explain the title of the thread. :doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.