Status
Not open for further replies.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dave Miller

Col 3:

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
15Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Did you miss something?
1] This verse is telling us how to treat each other, as in fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.
2] It is telling us to admonish each other.

I don't think you can read.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by avatar382

Doesn't that make it worse?

Don't you agree that a professing Christian, or anyone who considers themselves a nice, decent person has no business engaging in such malicious activity in mocking another person, and even less, being proud in doing so?
NO!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

I just realized that my comment might have come off of as accusatory on Christians in general and that is not what I wanted to say. I have known many Chrisitans who are loving, wholesome people.
Define, "loving." Does it mean tolerant of sinners who don't think they are sinning? Doe s it mean to be all warm and fuzzy with homos, so they can feel accepted, while they're still in their sin? Or does it mean alerting them to the fact thay they are unacceptable to God, and until they submit to Him, they always will be?! He loves you, enough to save you where you are. And too much to leave you there!

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by lighthouse

My understanding of Christ comes form Christ, and Christ alone. He is the one I go to. If He says the "book" is right, I believe Him. If He tells me I am reading it wrong, and it actually says soemthing else, I believe Him. If He tells me that the translation is wrong, I believe Him. Bottom line.

Circular reasoning.

wickwoman

Originally posted by Gerald

Nope, a guy who used to dress up as Superman died.

Superman is a fictional character, and thus can't really die.

Yes, I'm being pedantic! Get over it!

First OF will have to figure out what "pedantic" means.

wickwoman

What He didn't do was condemn her to physical death. And one of the main reasons was because He would have been outside the law to do so. Both the law of GOd, and the Romans who ran the country, at that time. Christ did tell her to repent. Or did you miss that part?

Sorry, you have to answer my question first, if you can.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Are you saying the idea of a Godhead didn't appear in the Tanakh[sp]?

No, it did not. The idea of a triune god is alien to Judaism (and Islam, incidently). Frankly it's a completely bizarre concept to anyone except dyed in the wool trinitarians, and even they can't explain the idea. Trying to get your arms around the trinity's a good way of self-inflicting a migraine.

NO!

Do you disagree that mocking is a malicious act? Or do you disagree that Christians shouldn't mock others or otherwise act maliciously to their fellow man?

Define, "loving." Does it mean tolerant of sinners who don't think they are sinning? Doe s it mean to be all warm and fuzzy with homos, so they can feel accepted, while they're still in their sin? Or does it mean alerting them to the fact thay they are unacceptable to God, and until they submit to Him, they always will be?! He loves you, enough to save you where you are. And too much to leave you there!

One can rebuke without being malicious. Knight was hurling insults that were intended to be hurtful. His words were not constructive. They served no positive purpose. Rebuke is meant to be positive, to assist someone get on the right path. Mocking is meant to hurt, to bring someone down, to make fun of someone at that person's expense. Can you not see this crucial difference? Can you not see that when you, as a Christian mock others, you end up mocking everything you say you stand for?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

Trying to get your arms around the trinity's a good way of self-inflicting a migraine.
Not if you understand the meaning of the word, "omnipotent.":doh:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Do you disagree that mocking is a malicious act? Or do you disagree that Christians shouldn't mock others or otherwise act maliciously to their fellow man?
Number two.

Can you not see that when you, as a Christian mock others, you end up mocking everything you say you stand for?
:cnfused::liberals:
If I stand for mocking the wicked, how do I mock what I stand for, when I mock the wicked? You have no clue what I stand for, because you are projecting your preconcieved ideas of what Christians beleive, onto me. Get a clue! I don't believe what you automatically assume I believe, just because I profess Christ!

Granite

Hall of Fame

Not if you understand the meaning of the word, "omnipotent.":doh:

Omnipotence has nothing to do with the concept of the trinity. Of course that's a subject for another thread. And in any event, the Tanakh does not support the idea of a triune godhead.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wickwoman

How could Jesus tell the woman her sins were forgiven if he hadn't yet died?
He never told her she was forgiven. If you want to argue that point, what about the man he healed, by telling him his sins were forgiven? Do you know that story? The one where the Pharisees said He was committing blasphemy, because only God could forgive sins? Guess what! Jesus has the authority to forgive sins! Even before His death. Why? Because He is Lord! He called the adulteress to repentance. He did not flippantly forgive her.

wickwoman

He never told her she was forgiven. If you want to argue that point, what about the man he healed, by telling him his sins were forgiven? Do you know that story? The one where the Pharisees said He was committing blasphemy, because only God could forgive sins? Guess what! Jesus has the authority to forgive sins! Even before His death. Why? Because He is Lord! He called the adulteress to repentance. He did not flippantly forgive her.

He said "your sins ARE forgiven." Not, I forgive you, but they already ARE.

And what authority did he have to forgive sins BEFORE the new convenant without blood sacrifice? Not even God the Father would or could do that, so how is it that Jesus could just run around telling sinners their sins were already forgiven. Notice how he never said, go out and kill a cow for me? Why?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
1] God very well could, and woudl do that! He did! The Father and the Son are One and the Same!
2] At the cross, the final blood was shed. Christ knew He was going to die, and He knew what His blood would do. In His forebearance, He forgave the paralytic's sins.

Jesus mocked unrepentant sinners. But those who came to Him in faith, He showed mercy and compassion. For God will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy, and compassion upon whom He will have compassion [Romans 9:15].

Granite

Hall of Fame
Being one and the same, would you say the crucifixion was suicide?:think:

I don't even want to think about the Holy Spirit overshadowing Mary...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Sacrafice is not suicide, you ignorant twit! And, I don't know what plane your on, but on Earth if someone is alive, they're not dead.:doh:

Granite

Hall of Fame

Sacrafice is not suicide, you ignorant twit! And, I don't know what plane your on, but on Earth if someone is alive, they're not dead.:doh:

It was a not altogether serious question, Lighthouse. You really need to take a tall glass of Lighten Up.

wickwoman

1] God very well could, and woudl do that! He did! The Father and the Son are One and the Same!
2] At the cross, the final blood was shed. Christ knew He was going to die, and He knew what His blood would do. In His forebearance, He forgave the paralytic's sins.

Jesus mocked unrepentant sinners. But those who came to Him in faith, He showed mercy and compassion. For God will have mercy upon whom He will have mercy, and compassion upon whom He will have compassion [Romans 9:15].

Geeeezzzzz. I did it again. Why oh why will I never learn? One cannot reason with a brick wall. That was at least 3 minutes I'll never get back . . . And then there's this part of me that feels mean for even trying to point out this confusion. It's like kicking a very annoying and ignorant puppy. No good can come of this.

:bang:

Status
Not open for further replies.