No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickwoman

Originally posted by granite1010

It was a not altogether serious question, Lighthouse. You really need to take a tall glass of Lighten Up.

:bang:

Want me to scooch over a bit for you?

If I stand for mocking the wicked, how do I mock what I stand for, when I mock the wicked? You have no clue what I stand for, because you are projecting your preconcieved ideas of what Christians beleive, onto me. Get a clue! I don't believe what you automatically assume I believe, just because I profess Christ

You admit that mocking is malicious but say that you stand for it.

I was under the impression that Christians stood for being Christ-like, not being inquisitors and crusaders. Would your Christ stand for malice? Christ did not mock - perhaps he strongly rebuked some, but that is not mocking.

Don't you see that because it is a malicious act, mocking is in and of itself wicked??? Malice is wicked, lighthouse. You don't have to be a Christian to realize that. Two wrongs do not make a right.

On Fire

Originally posted by wickwoman

He said "your sins ARE forgiven." Not, I forgive you, but they already ARE.

When he healed people who couldn't walk, or worse, he said "Get up and go home".

Ecumenicist

Originally posted by lighthouse

What He's intolerant of is sin! All sin, Dave! Wickedness of any kind! For wickedness can not stand in the presence of righteousness! It is utterly destroyed! And Jesus didn't tolerate it either! I will never understand anyone who forgets the story of the temple/den of thieves!:doh:

The woman in question was not misguided! She was committing adultery! And she knew it was worng! The Truth does not tolerate lies! And neither shall I, as I am His and He lives in me! You are a liar! And I will not tolerate you, for it!

Yeah, that's why Jesus picked up a rock and joined the fun.
:rolleyes:

Ecumenicist

If pagans are your friends, I fear for your eternal soul. And don't start on that whole, "Jesus was friends with sinners," bit. Jesus called them to repentance. You don't.

The beam in your eyes is so huge, you are nearly completely
blind.

Jesus came to save the world, not condemn it. His words.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I never said mocking was malicious, as in having malice towards someone. Buty Jesus did mock. And so did John the Baptist, and Elijah. Are you one of those tools that think God's character changed from the OT to the NT?

Dave-
Jesus didn't pick up a rock, because He knew He had no right to, under the law of the covenant of God. Pay attention!:doh:

Granite

Hall of Fame

I never said mocking was malicious, as in having malice towards someone. Buty Jesus did mock. And so did John the Baptist, and Elijah. Are you one of those tools that think God's character changed from the OT to the NT?

Dave-
Jesus didn't pick up a rock, because He knew He had no right to, under the law of the covenant of God. Pay attention!:doh:

His character, as depicted in the Bible, clearly did change.

Dave-

Perhaps you have a different definition of "mocking" than I do. Mocking is making fun of someone, insulting them, putting them down, etc. The difference between mocking and rebuke is that the intent of rebuke is to aid, to set straight, whereas mocking is purely negative and malicious.

What Knight was doing to wickwoman was mocking. It served no positive purpose whatsoever. All it did was serve to make fun of her and put her down. It was a malicious act, ie., meant to hurt/harm. Do you realize the difference?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by avatar382

Perhaps you have a different definition of "mocking" than I do. Mocking is making fun of someone, insulting them, putting them down, etc. The difference between mocking and rebuke is that the intent of rebuke is to aid, to set straight, whereas mocking is purely negative and malicious.

What Knight was doing to wickwoman was mocking. It served no positive purpose whatsoever. All it did was serve to make fun of her and put her down. It was a malicious act, ie., meant to hurt/harm. Do you realize the difference?
I agree, it wasn't meant as a rebuke. But was Jesus mocking, or rebukling, when He called the pharisees, "vipers" or "children of Satan?" Was He mocking, or rebuking, when He called the Gentile woman a "dog?" I think the thing we are disagreeing on is whether or not malice was intended.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bottomline, if chest-thumping Christians want to justify the abuse they throw at people, they'll find ways to.

wickwoman

Bottomline, if chest-thumping Christians want to justify the abuse they throw at people, they'll find ways to.

Forget Knight insulting me, that's nothing. Did you see when Sozo told Smothers that he's probably the reason his wife tried to commit suicide? She's actually clincally depressed, tried to kill herself a couple of times, poor Smothers is trying to deal with the situation. Sozo's advice is why don't you off yourself and do her a favor? What a piece of work. I want to use another word in place of "work" but I'm treading thin ice already here.

Sweet huh? Somehow that's supposed to shock Smothers into becoming a Christian. Maybe it's some kind of reverse psychology but I'm not seeing it. You?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: No Longer A Christian

I no longer consider myself a Christian, a member of the Christian faith, believer in Christ or the Bible.
"When they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." (Romans 1:21,22)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Originally posted by Jefferson

"When they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." (Romans 1:21,22)

Meme.

Took ya long enough to respond, Jefferson. Figured you'd be all over this thread.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Re: Re: Re: No Longer A Christian

Took ya long enough to respond, Jefferson. Figured you'd be all over this thread.
Nope: Matthew 10:14 says, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

Status
Not open for further replies.