No Longer A Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by granite1010

Come on, Turbo. If OnFire thought he was being cute he's obviously mistaken. It was a pretty cheap trick.
Agreed. But that doesn't make it a "typical fundi tactic."

On Fire

Originally posted by wickwoman

Big difference though, only ONE of us calls themself a "Christ"ian and it's not me.

But you DO call yourself a Buddhist and you're about 600 pounds shy of that title.

erinmarie

I was interested in the content of this thread before it was high-jacked by a bunch of supposed adults!!!!!!! :ha:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Ah. Point taken. Love YOUR avatar...
Thanks.

Although, your avatar makes it sound like you're being sarcastic. :noid: :D

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by erinmarie

I was interested in the content of this thread before it was high-jacked by a bunch of supposed adults!!!!!!! :ha:

Let's hijack it back, erin...

wickwoman

I will. It's partially my fault we got off track.

We should look to Granite's behavior for evidence of whether he is or ever was a Christian. Since we don't know him personally, we can't accurately do either. However, I will venture to say that he posted as if he believed he were a Christian in the past. He presently posts in a very Christlike manner, however, not wanting to be identified with a group that has gotten some bad press as of late.

And since he was a "believer" and now he says he's not, what other evidence do we need? We could certainly run all over the board and tell people we don't like that they aren't "believers" but, other than God, who really KNOWS?

On Fire

not wanting to be identified with a group that has gotten some bad press as of late.

Satan has been spreading lies about God for a lot longer than "bad press" has been in the vernacular.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I will. It's partially my fault we got off track.

We should look to Granite's behavior for evidence of whether he is or ever was a Christian. Since we don't know him personally, we can't accurately do either. However, I will venture to say that he posted as if he believed he were a Christian in the past. He presently posts in a very Christlike manner, however, not wanting to be identified with a group that has gotten some bad press as of late.

And since he was a "believer" and now he says he's not, what other evidence do we need? We could certainly run all over the board and tell people we don't like that they aren't "believers" but, other than God, who really KNOWS?

When you go on line, you have to take someone's word. Otherwise there's no point in engaging.

People who think I was masquerading for an entire year are just delusional or way paranoid. In any event that makes zero sense.

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of men? Nobody at TOL. We have to take everybody at face value. Part of the challenge of keeping it all virtual...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by On Fire

Satan has been spreading lies about God for a lot longer than "bad press" has been in the vernacular.

Oh, yes. Whenever the church has abused its power in the past or committed atrocities it was really just Satan. Uh-huuuuuh.

Most of the "bad press" the church has received has been self-inflicted.

On Fire

The bad press I was referring to is spewed forth from the bowels of wickedwoman, zakath, and you (just to name a few of Satan's sock puppets).

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by On Fire

The bad press I was referring to is spewed forth from the bowels of wickedwoman, zakath, and you (just to name a few of Satan's sock puppets).

Yep. When all else fails and you're too lazy to talk, blame it on Satan. Nice to have a whipping boy...

I'm not sure what your definition of "bad press" happens to be, maybe you could clarify.

Gerald

Resident Fiend

Yep. When all else fails and you're too lazy to talk, blame it on Satan. Nice to have a whipping boy...

I'm not sure what your definition of "bad press" happens to be, maybe you could clarify.
You're not expecting a serious presentation of, say, facts, are you...? :chuckle:

wickwoman

I know, On Fire can apply for intellectual property rights to the word Christian then fine anyone fraudulently misrepresenting or otherwise using the word Christian not in keeping with its true meaning and purpose.

Of course, first he would have to figure out what "intellectual property rights" means.

On Fire

I know, On Fire can apply for intellectual property rights to the word Christian then fine anyone fraudulently misrepresenting or otherwise using the word Christian not in keeping with its true meaning and purpose.

Of course, first he would have to figure out what "intellectual property rights" means.

What's funny about your post is the sheer amount of effort it took you to be not at all funny or witty.

Status
Not open for further replies.