NFL Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Imagine a Patriots receiver making that same exact catch, to win it for the Pats over the Cowboys, in the championship game, handing Brady, Belichick, and Kraft a sixth NFL championship, and handing Bryant and company a SB loss. It'd be worse than the tuck rule.

Jerry Shugart

Here is what Warren Sapp said about Myles Garrett:

“Any defensive lineman who’s the No. 1 pick, you turn up and you say, ‘There it is!’ This kid, no, I don’t,” Sapp said. “I’m a pretty plain and frank guy, and I watch the tape and he disappears. I watch the tape and he absolutely disappears.”

It is true that Garrett’s sack production mostly came against weaker competition, and his SEC numbers don’t necessarily stand out. However, he also suffered a high ankle sprain early last season, and that likely affected him.

Garrett cemented his status as the top prospect in this draft with a fantastic scouting combine workout, and Sapp told ESPN that teams are too focused on the measurables. He was clear what he thought of Garrett as a player.

“I see a lazy kid that makes four plays a game,” Sapp said, according to Schefter. “This is the No. 1 guy? No, no, no. This ain’t even close.”

JPPT1974

Warren Sapp is full of himself. Great player but not so much as a human being. Will leave it at that.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Booger McFarland said the same thing while on with Paul Finebaum, regarding Garrett.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A bunch of teams regretted not taking him when they had a chance.
He was a lot like Charles Barkley, so naturally gifted that he could beat most on that ability. Then when those gifts began to fade he made up some of the difference with unfamiliar efforts. But as great as he was, if he'd had the ethic and will he could have been greater. He was the anti-Roger Craig. Craig took decent gifts and worked them into a greatness that was then bound to be fleeting once the more modest gifts at the core deteriorated. He couldn't make up anything, haven given everything.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Speaking of AP, he's headed to the Saints. That should solve their horrific defensive problem right there. :plain:

Jerry Shugart

Adam Schefter reported on ESPN’s SportsCenter earlier this evening that he is being told by his sources that Cleveland may in fact select North Carolina QB Mitchell Trubisky with the #1 pick overall at tomorrow’s draft rather than Texas A&M DE Myles Garrett. According to Schefter he has “very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the #1.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
OK Sports Fans!

The NFL draft starts on Thursday.

Any comments on any player or team needs?

Over-rated/Under-rated?

Jabrill Peppers of Michigan is way over rated because he is a tweener. He is 5'10 215 and a linebacker according to the NFL.

Way too many former players say Garrett disappears in too many games.

I think we can put 1st round and major draft news in the main NFL thread. I'm recording on DVR.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Here is what Warren Sapp said about Myles Garrett:

“I see a lazy kid that makes four plays a game,” Sapp said, according to Schefter. “This is the No. 1 guy? No, no, no. This ain’t even close.”

Booger McFarland said the same thing while on with Paul Finebaum, regarding Garrett.

Jabrill Peppers of Michigan is way over rated because he is a tweener. He is 5'10 215 and a linebacker according to the NFL.

Wat too many former players say Garrett disappears in too many games.

I think we can put 1st round and major draft news in the main NFL thread. I'm recording on DVR.

Sorry Browns fans. Your franchise just can't do anything right. They traded down with Trubisky gone, and passed on Adoree Jackson, Malik Hooker, Gareon Conley, Johnathon Allen, Deshawn Watson (he beat Bama and Ohio State), Marlon Humphrey....makes no sense. Makes perfect Brown's sense. That still leaves a very deep draft for your rival that owns your soul who are looking for secondary players.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Malik McDowell to the Seahawks. As if their defense needed help. This will make them solid.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Joe Mixon to the Bengals. He is a violent offender, but says it will never happen again. As told by NFL network. He was a 5 star, and great at Oklahoma. Carolina took Curtis Samuel and his 4.31 speed. Dalvin Cook to the Vikings. Good choice again. Cook has similar open field speed to Elliot, maybe a little faster.

JPPT1974

Well Buccaneers Jameis Winston seems to learn from his mistake. But let's hope he is on the right track after his college years.

Status
Not open for further replies.