NFL Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Eddie Lacy is heading to Seattle. They've told him his weight isn't an issue and the man likes to eat (he's flirting with 270). GB's converted WR looked decent taking over for an injured Lacy, so they'll need help, but won't panic and they're a little tired of having to tell a grown man that he needs to push away from the table to earn his NFL money...

Meanwhile, Lacy leaves for a Seattle team that hasn't demonstrated a particular talent for run blocking of late. If Eddie isn't slimmed down he loses the explosive quick that made him so effective in Green Bay as both a receiving back and an RB capable of making the outside turn, but he can still scare people off tackle, can still run fast in a line even with the weight and that's why the Seakhawks don't care. They want to use him that way while they try to shore up the line. They also want him out of Green Bay, so it's a win for them even if Eddie "What's in the Refrigerator" Lacy never returns to a less spherical form.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I wonder if we have a new Lawrence Taylor in the making. These current edge rushers are not the same as he was. Here is the short backstory. Rashan Gary, former number 1 recruit overall and Alabama recruit choose crazy Jim and Michigan instead. Yesterday at MGOBLOG they published spring combine numbers. He is 293 lbs and ran a 4.57 in the 40. He isn't some obscure player who didn't go against competition in HS.

I'll be watching. And if you wonder if that is inflated, I did, they also show their running back only running 4.6.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dallas Cowboys running back Zeke Elliot continues to flirt with disaster.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Dallas Cowboys running back Zeke Elliot continues to flirt with disaster.
Remarkable lack of awareness. Reminds me of the basketball player who keeps tripping other players. You think, "He has to know that's going to blow up in his face." And he keeps proving you wrong.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm off today. Florida pro day is on the SEC network. If there is any thing news worthy, I'll pass it along.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Must love the SEC Network my friend!

I also watch the Big Ten Network, whose football coverage in the fall is better. The worst is the Long Horn Network. It just isn't that good. And I don't mean because it is only Texas. It just isn't that good when you are talking about one team.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Booger McFarland was with Paul Finebaum today. He mentioned that the Herculean combine numbers that Myles Garrett posted are not seen on game film. Unlike Jadeveon Clowney who has shaken the injury bug. Things are adding up. The Browns have the first pick. I'm calling it now. Myles Garret will be a bust.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have never ever seen the tuck rule called. Not before or after that game.

Because it was sitting in their pocket waiting. There are probably more. Remember after the game Chris Berman saying they were on the phone for 3 hours with the NFL trying to figure it out. Because it was a made up rules that contradicts all the other rules. They arbitrarily selected it to ensure the Raiders didn't win, and the Patriots did. Brady walked off the field for good reason. It was a fumble all other times before and since.

Unlike Dez Bryant and his non-reception. The NFL has had that for ever that a player must complete the play. That was the Browns bottle throwing game. He didn't complete the catch. I don't remember who anymore. The riot was because (its Cleveland) the Browns hurried and ran another play so replay could not go back. Point being, that controversial rule is argued every year at some point, the tuck rule is not.

And...yes, I am a Raider fan.

Im not. And I used to think it was just the Raiders. Don't forget it is the Patriots on the receiving end. The cheating didn't start with filming walk through practice and hand signals. That is just when they got caught.

JPPT1974

What is this with Eli Manning and stolen memorabilia or fraud thing? As it is a new scandal. But need to get all the facts right before making a judgement call.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing new with fake sports memorabilia. Or any other fake memorabilia. Watch the tv show Pawn Stars sometime. I see nothing in his email that is damning. He has 2 helmets that pass as game worn. If he put it on during the game and it never saw a snap, it is game worn. I think collectors separate practice from worn in the game. Then in game pieces are separated by skid marks and other wear and a pitcher that didn't leave the dugout. Maybe.

Unless he means the helmet was scarred for the appearance of looking worn. I doubt it. Time will tell.

Jerry Shugart

Unlike Dez Bryant and his non-reception. The NFL has had that for ever that a player must complete the play.

The refs ruled that Dez did not make a catch but the video revealed that he made a football move after catching it and that move made it a catch.

"Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:

(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.)."

Dez caught the ball and had control of it in his hands when both feet were inbound. He maintained control long enough to advance the ball. You can see him pushing off with his feet after the catch and when he had control of the ball in an effort to advance the ball. And the push-off did in fact advance the ball.

Dallas was robbed!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Dez caught the ball and had control of it in his hands when both feet were inbound. He maintained control long enough to advance the ball. !

No he didn't.

dez-pbp-catch-gb.jpg

The ground can't cause a fumble....on a pass play. One can state the rule is bad all day long. Many people do. The NFL officially stated the rule was applied correctly.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Same thing as Dallas. Aside from running a play. And aside from Browns fans being Browns fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.