NFL Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The NFL has released its list of combine invites. Michigan leads the way with 14. I think Harbaugh, crazy as he is, will hoist that trophy in the next few years.

Here is the NFL invite list by name. For the few, you can sort by school and conference.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, this didn't take long. Darrelle Revis is charged with 4 felonies. The google links are very misleading. I punched in his name after SportsCenter was reporting it, and all the hits say Revis injured in an altercation.

No, he knocked somebody out and it is on video. He tried to take it and hide the evidence. Robbery is one of the felonies. What is is with the NFL that some can't take millions and live quietly?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And if you didn't go to my link at NFL.com, the combine is Feb 28-Mar 6. Player interviews are always first. Dalvin Cook will have to answer for his off field allegations.. etc. etc.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't recognize how great Kurt Warner was due to his backstory. That and it happened so fast. He deserved more credit than this arm chair QB gave him. And now he has it with his Hall of Fame spot in Canton. I thought this piece from NFL.com was gracious and accurate.

Kurt Warner's journey to the Hall of Fame rivals any in history for sheer improbability. After bouncing around the Arena League and NFL Europe, Warner didn't become a full-time starting quarterback until he was 28 years old with the 1999 St. Louis Rams. He wound up winning the MVP and Super Bowl that season, the last player to pull off that double. Warner would win another league MVP and reach two more Super Bowls in a career that continued defying expectations.

After his time in St. Louis, he outplayed Eli Manning during one season in New York. Warner once backed up Josh McCown and Matt Leinart in Arizona before eventually taking over and lighting up the scoreboard on the way to the Cardinals' first Super Bowl appearance. If not for wild endings authored by two other all-time great quarterbacks (Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger), Warner could very well be a three-time Super Bowl champion.​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I didn't recognize how great Kurt Warner was due to his backstory. That and it happened so fast. He deserved more credit than this arm chair QB gave him. And now he has it with his Hall of Fame spot in Canton. I thought this piece from NFL.com was gracious and accurate.

Kurt Warner's journey to the Hall of Fame rivals any in history for sheer improbability. After bouncing around the Arena League and NFL Europe, Warner didn't become a full-time starting quarterback until he was 28 years old with the 1999 St. Louis Rams. He wound up winning the MVP and Super Bowl that season, the last player to pull off that double. Warner would win another league MVP and reach two more Super Bowls in a career that continued defying expectations.

After his time in St. Louis, he outplayed Eli Manning during one season in New York. Warner once backed up Josh McCown and Matt Leinart in Arizona before eventually taking over and lighting up the scoreboard on the way to the Cardinals' first Super Bowl appearance. If not for wild endings authored by two other all-time great quarterbacks (Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger), Warner could very well be a three-time Super Bowl champion.​
I will never forget that season - Kurt had a great career

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ole Miss was given their statement of allegations over my accused cheating. You don't go from...Ole Miss, to picking up Robert Nkemdiche and Laremy Tunsil without cause. They have Lack of Institutional Control in their lap now. I couldn't see starting a thread for it, when this is my off season football thread.

Other recent incidents were USC with Reggie Mayo and Reggie Bush. And the Reggie Bush incident (original crime) is minor to me, but I agree with having the rule.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Tony Romo and Adrian Peterson to the Broncos is an interesting rumor. Because they would immediately be back in Super Bowl form. Romo is past his prime. So was Manning. He will bring balance to the rushing attack so teams can't cheat and load the box.

Elway needs to make it happen.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Interviews and BP for OL and RB were today. Dalvin Cook probably had to explain himself. He might be a better prospect than Fournette.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Christian McCaffrey only did 10 reps of 225. That is quite low, but you can't debate his on field success. Cook did an impressive count 22. The fat running back from Oklahoma Samaje Perine cranked out a very high 30, which will put some linemen to shame. Perine is the single game rushing record holder in FBS. Which is a shame also, he did it by running over sub par competition.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
John Ross of Washington ran a 4.22, fast. And he was limping with cramps at the start. He can do faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.