NFL Off Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Osweiler to the Browns. Makes no sense for the price, but it's the Browns so it actually makes sense. Maybe the wanted him to trade again.
I think it's simpler, they have tremendous cap space and they coveted a potentially decent second round draft pick enough to take the contract off the Texan's hands. They may even let him compete. In the right system Osweiler has shown he can be a solid back-up or better.

Now what's going on with Peterson? I wouldn't be surprised to see him with a good season left in the tank, or to see him go a few years the way Marcus Allen did, as a short yardage and td machine.

JPPT1974

Well usually Peterson that is in his early thirties, at that age tend to be going downhill. But he has had injuries as well as that of off the field problems.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well usually Peterson that is in his early thirties, at that age tend to be going downhill. But he has had injuries as well as that of off the field problems.
Peterson is an all time great who looked good until he got banged up a bit and there's no reason to think he shouldn't be effective wherever he goes.

Marcus Allen was around 33 when he went to the Chiefs. They dialed back his carries and he spent the next five years putting up 3,600+ effective yards and 44 tds. Peterson is better now than Allen was then and he's a couple of years younger. He could still be a starter with heavier carries for a year or two, or he might have five stretched years with Allen like impact and use. If I was a team with a decent line and a passing game that could use balance I'd bring him in. Keep men in the box and guarantee a lot of short yardage on thirds are made, tds in the Red Zone. That sort of thing.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm sure it is really hard to walk away and say you aren't good enough any more. Especially for one with that much talent.

Damn. The off season sucks. Who will be the next to get arrested?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He would rather get high than stay in the league.

According to police, Elam was driving a dark blue Range Rover very carelessly, traveling at a high rate of speed and moving quickly in and out of lanes on Pinetree Drive in Miami Beach.

When authorities attempted to pull Elam over, he accelerated and attempted to evade detectives.

After traveling several blocks, Elam finally pulled over.

The real shocker was still Ricky Williams who publicly walked away from the NFL for a while so he could smoke. I don't get it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
DeMarcus Ware hangs them up in Denver. 12 quality years including a staggering 7 year stretch of 14+ sacks a year. His sack per game averages are third among those with 100 games or more, behind only White and the original LT.

He wasn't the same player for much of that last few and it's time, but it's good to see him retiring nearer the top than not. Canton here he comes.

Contemplating Free Agency

Adrian Peterson: Oak, Sea and his old Min team are purportedly interested. Only the Vikings run block well among that group. I'd love to see him in a Saints uniform or with Green Bay.

Dont'a Hightower should be returning to New England, but if they don't keep him Pittsburgh should snap him up and make them regret it.

Jerry Shugart

DeMarcus Ware hangs them up in Denver. 12 quality years including a staggering 7 year stretch of 14+ sacks a year. His sack per game averages are third among those with 100 games or more, behind only White and the original LT.

Jerry Jones deserves the credit for drafting him. Parcells wanted to draft Marcus Spears at #11 and others wanted to draft Shawne Merriman. Jerry had the final say and he picked DeMarcus Ware, who will be in the Hall of Fame the very first year that he becomes eligible.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The amazing part of Bradshaw is he did it when the rules were against it. And he seemingly flipped a switch to do it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Lawernce Taylor inadvertently ends Joe Theisman's career.
The Giants put Joe on the skids toward retirement too. The Niners had a slim lead in a though Championship game, heading for a potential 3 peat and one of the Giant's lineman hit Joe late, broke a bone in his hand, cracked ribs and bruised his sternum and stomach. They couldn't hold onto the lead without him and that was the beginning of the end for Montana.

If Montana doesn't take that hit he goes on for another ring (the Bills weren't going to beat this team) and it's 5 for 5. Instead, one more game, recovering from those injuries, and he's shuffling off to Kansas City.

Status
Not open for further replies.