Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi TH,

Which way would you go here?:

Steelers -6 1/2 vs. Giants

Thanks!

Never forget, the spread is not a prediction. It is an assigned number to get equal betting on both sides. When people accept that, then you can try and wager and beat the spread. I don't. Especially with kids in college.

Daniel1769

Huge win for the Steelers. Now they just need to roll through December, beat the Ravens, and head to the Superbowl. That defense showed they can shut down a top QB/WR team yesterday. The offense was awesome as always. Ladarius Green stepped up. Leveon Bell showed why he's the best RB in the league. Here we go!

Jerry Shugart

Huge win for the Steelers. Now they just need to roll through December, beat the Ravens, and head to the Superbowl. That defense showed they can shut down a top QB/WR team yesterday. The offense was awesome as always. Ladarius Green stepped up. Leveon Bell showed why he's the best RB in the league. Here we go!

Congratulations!

I would love to see another Cowboys/Steelers Super Bowl!

Jerry Shugart

The same person that fired him after back to back Superbowl wins.

I doubt that if Jerry Jones would have not hired Jimmy Johnson then the Boys would have never won those three Super Bowls.

So Jones cannot be denied the credit which he deserves for those Super Bowls. Of course he does not deserve ALL the credit, only some of it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, stink weed. At least the Ravens were good for something and I'm 9-5 and needing a Jets upset of my Colts to keep my 10 or better streak alive. :noid:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
How bad a weekend was it? Well, I feel decent about coming out of it with 9 wins, but it left a lot of questions on the table, including:

Is Detroit ready to make a playoff push/is New Orleans ready to consider life after Brees?

Did the Jets lay down on their coach in that inexplicably one sided loss to my Colts?

Was this the turn on Miami's traditional "fool ya" spike before descending to the decent but not going to get it done pattern post Marino?

Did the Steelers show something or just expose the Giants' soft schedule prior?

Can the Pats be consistently this effective minus their second best offensive weapon?

Which Arizona/Washington team should we believe?

How deep can Oakland go in the playoffs?

Is Tampa streaking or are they improving?

Will the suddenly dominant Seahawks remain this scary without their best defensive piece?

Can it be time already to blow up Carolina, or just the coaching staff?

How bout them Colts? :D

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
At this point in the season, where everybody's played exactly 12 games, arbitrarily taking the teams with 7 or more wins, I've emphasized those who I can see getting far into the tournament:

Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
Seattle Seahawks

Detroit Lions
Denver Broncos
New York Giants
Atlanta Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Miami Dolphins

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why not Detroit?
It's possible, but they have to continue to improve. Right now they wouldn't get it done.

If the playoffs were held today here's one projected run.

NFC/AFC WC Rounds

TB 20
Det 23

Bal 20
Den 21

Gia 21
Atl 29

Hou 13
KC 24

Rnd 2

Det 20
Dal 28

KC 26/29 OT
Oak 26

Atl 20
Sea 29

Den 24
NE 26

NFC/AFC Championships

Sea 20
Dal 19

KC 27
NE 34

Super Bowl

Sea 22
NE 21

Last edited:

Daniel1769

NFC Championship
Seattle 30
Dallas 20

AFC Championship
Pittsburgh 27
Kansas City 24

Superbowl
Pittsburgh 30
Seattle 27

Not sure of the scores, but that's how I could see the winners and losers turning out barring some major injury to a key player before then

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
At this point in the season, where everybody's played exactly 12 games, arbitrarily taking the teams with 7 or more wins, I've emphasized those who I can see getting far into the tournament:

Dallas Cowboys
New England Patriots
Oakland Raiders
Kansas City Chiefs
Seattle Seahawks

Detroit Lions
Denver Broncos
New York Giants
Atlanta Falcons
Pittsburgh Steelers

Baltimore Ravens
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Miami Dolphins
And adding in teams with at least 6 wins:

Washington Redskins
Minnesota Vikings
Buffalo Bills
Green Bay Packers
Tennessee Titans
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans

I want to say Minnesota, but I'm not feeling it. Green Bay of course with Rodgers is a serious threat, but without a single Lambeau game the odds are against them. Everybody else on this list blows hot and cold. 'Tough to see any of them getting very deep.

Jerry Shugart

Rnd 2

Det 20
Dal 28

KC 26/29 OT
Oak 26

Atl 20
Sea 29

Den 24
NE 26

NFC/AFC Championships

Sea 20
Dal 19

Oak 27
NE 34

Super Bowl

Sea 22
NE 21

I thought that you have KC beating Oakland in Round 2 so how can Oakland be playing New Engand in the AFC Championship game?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Thanks!

Who is your team?
Pats, born and bred. Started paying attention in 1985 with Tony Eason and Jim Grogan. Was diehard even during 1990's 1-15 affair. Bill Parcells was a thrill, and Pete Carroll was terrible. Drew Bledsoe was the most exciting new player to hit the scene in my lifetime. And as soon as Tom Brady started in Bledsoe's place, and I mean as soon as, it was like a lightswitch. Darkness to light. I personally recognized how great he was more than 15 years ago, before the tournament that season. Tom Brady knows how to win like how Donald Trump knows how to win, plain and simple. The 201 wins was an inevitability for anybody paying attention during his first 4 years IMO. He produced. He still produces. It's inevitable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.