NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yeah, I said a few weeks ago Peyton v. Tom one more time seemed inevitable. I'm still thinking so.

Next week Brady will play in his 5th straight, and 10th AFC Championship Game.

That's unbelievable.

The Steelers and 49'ers hold the record for most Championship Games played at 15 (dating back to 1970)

Brady, by himself, has played in more Championship Games than every team in the NFL except the Steelers, 49'ers, Raiders, and Cowboys.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Next week Brady will play in his 5th straight, and 10th AFC Championship Game.

That's unbelievable.

The Steelers and 49'ers hold the record for most Championship Games played at 15 (dating back to 1970)

Brady, by himself, has played in more Championship Games than every team in the NFL except the Steelers, 49'ers, Raiders, and Cowboys.

Five in a row really does blow me away. I mean, no one is supposed to be able to do that.

Someone get on the phone with Roger. There should be a rule, I tell ya!

Welp, never thought I'd say this, but as for tomorrow: Go Pittsburgh.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Five in a row really does blow me away. I mean, no one is supposed to be able to do that.

Someone get on the phone with Roger. There should be a rule, I tell ya!

Bradshaw did 6 in 8 years

Brady had 10 in 15 years

What Brady has done is just unbelievable, and he still has a few more years

Roethlisberger could win the Super Bowl this year, and win it the next two years after, and still trail Brady by 4 games for post-season wins

No one will ever touch Brady's post-season records

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bradshaw did 6 in 8 years

Brady had 10 in 15 years

What Brady has done is just unbelievable, and he still has a few more years

Roethlisberger could win the Super Bowl this year, and win it the next two years after, and still trail Brady by 4 games for post-season wins

No one will ever touch Brady's post-season records

Buffalo's run of actually winning four straight is totally overshadowed by how they fouled (followed?) them up.

Amazing what an impact Edelman has, and had, on the New England offense.

Granite

Hall of Fame
ESPN had this tidbit:

Since 2001, the Patriots are 62-0 at home when leading by 15 or more points at any point in the game (includes postseason).

Granite

Hall of Fame
:think:

Ya know, if they were anyone else I'd hate their guts too--but I'd also be equally convinced they could not possibly be this good. This is Madden easy mode dumb down the defense IQ type stuff.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
:think:

Ya know, if they were anyone else I'd hate their guts too--but I'd also be equally convinced they could not possibly be this good.
It's going to take a decade or two for folks to recognize what's happening right now, that's unfortunately true, yes. 'Seems like radical cognitive dissonance going on . . . .
This is Madden easy mode dumb down the defense IQ type stuff.
Chuckle.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's amazing

Bill Cowher was 100-1-1 when leading by 11 in the second half home and away

One thing that worries me about Pittsburgh's that they already played us this season. Familiarity and all that.

But overall, I can't see the Pats dropping that game at home.

On the other hand, something tells me we need to exorcise certain playoff demons and beat Manning in Denver to reach the mountain top again.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yep

Peyton Manning is 0-5 on that list.
Most warm weather qbs have had bad playoff games in cold weather. And it figures.

Like I posted, he actually plays like a slightly better than average qb in it if you use the sample that actually means something instead of narrowing it to a sample that suits that odd, irrational bias of yours.

He has a chance to redeem himself tomorrow.
He doesn't need redemption.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Like I posted, he actually plays like a slightly better than average qb in freezing weather. But he doesn't play as well as the guys who play in it regularly. No one does.

It's a five game sample. Statistically not telling you much. Now if you broaden the sampling to all games at that temp you get a diminished warm weather or indoor qb who still plays better than most.

He doesn't need redemption.

Notice that Peyton has outplayed Bradshaw in the regular and post season and it took that horrific, injury plagued SB to give Brady even a .5 edge. Prior to that Peyton had out played Tom at the position.

But he's not a team. No one is.

What's the latest on the anti aging hormones ? Were they only for his wife ?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Welp, never thought I'd say this, but as for tomorrow: Go Pittsburgh.
...On the other hand, something tells me we need to exorcise certain playoff demons and beat Manning in Denver to reach the mountain top again.
You seem conflicted. :chuckle:

I like the idea of a last Manning/Brady championship game. It seems fitting if this is Peyton's last try at a ring.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Looks like Arizona takes it
Something is off with Rodgers. I'm not sure what it is, but the one hop he just threw is an example of it. Just a really off year for him. Maybe he needs to work on his swing, so to speak. :idunno:

They need to work on that line, get Lacy to shed about twenty and retool Aaron's confidence in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.