NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That 1999 season was one of the greatest stories in NFL history.

Kurt Warner came out of nowhere, and all of the sudden you had "The Greatest Show on Turf", and they won the Super Bowl.

Also, don't forget the 1957-58 St. Louis Hawks. They won the NBA Championship.
HOF worthy qb who would have made more noise for the Rams if he hadn't gotten hurt then lost his nerve for a while. They were something special.

fishrovmen

Top Theories:

1) Maybe its his natural skin color due to his dark soul rotting his body from the inside out?

2) Pressed his eye too hard into the telescope while spying on the Kansas City Chief's practice?

3) He was playing catch with Tom Brady with an overinflated ball?

:think:

Maybe the wife caught him..."cheating" ? :chuckle:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That city's a smoggy pit. St. Louis is good decent Midwestern town with folks who've suffered through some real rotten years rooting for a team that used to be the toast of the league.

What a total, sickening screw job.:down:

Yep. Gotta have a team, or two, in LA. Gotta have a team in England. :rolleyes: :vomit:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That 1999 season was one of the greatest stories in NFL history.

Kurt Warner came out of nowhere, and all of the sudden you had "The Greatest Show on Turf", and they won the Super Bowl.

Also, don't forget the 1957-58 St. Louis Hawks. They won the NBA Championship.

Yes, the only thing we're missing is Lord Stanley's Cup

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Actually, I think the NFL did a really good job the last time they did realignment. They kept a lot of the rivalries and at the same time did pretty good geographically.

College football, on the other hand, is a joke.

Rutgers is in the Big 10, with Nebraska and Maryland. West Virginia is in the Big 12. Texas A&M is in the SEC, etc.

NFL has some head-scratchers but yes college is worse. Some of it is ridiculous. :doh:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think the whole London idea is completely insane.
Part of a global strategy created by rich, old white guys who should be looking south of the border if they're set on expansion instead of angling for where they feel most comfortable vacationing abroad. Moot with the growing recognition of brain trauma...I'll be surprised if the whole enterprise isn't dead in the water before I'm in the ground.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Part of a global strategy created by rich, old white guys who should be looking south of the border if they're set on expansion instead of angling for where they feel most comfortable vacationing abroad. Moot with the growing recognition of brain trauma...I'll be surprised if the whole enterprise isn't dead in the water before I'm in the ground.

Yeah, Mexico City just doesn't grab them the way old London does. Sorry, but going across the pond's a nightmare, and a pipedream. Wouldn't work.

As for the game itself...

Within twenty years it won't exist as we know it.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Antonio Brown has been ruled out for the Denver game.

I guess Pacman Jones owes Brown an apology.

This is a big blow to the Steelers.

With Brown out, Ben's shoulder sprained, and the Steelers down to their 3rd and 4th string running backs, the only thing that can save the Steelers is Peyton Manning.

Granite

Hall of Fame

With Brown out, Ben's shoulder sprained, and the Steelers down to their 3rd and 4th string running backs, the only thing that can save the Steelers is Peyton Manning.

Everything's coming up for the Broncos, so if they blow this one, it'll be hard to imagine who else to blame. You're hosting a hobbled opponent and you've got a Hall of Famer at quarterback. No pressure.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Thank you for the last. I won't feel that badly if he drops a few hundread yards and a handful of tds on you now. :eek: :think: :noid: :eek:

Everything's coming up for the Broncos, so if they blow this one, it'll be hard to imagine who else to blame. You're hosting a hobbled opponent and you've got a Hall of Famer at quarterback. No pressure.
Should be a tune up or a career tombstone. Either Manning will come out looking mostly like he did when he rallied them against a healthier team and the team will respond to him the way it did last, or...

Maybe the Steelers will take their best blitzing shots and aggravating an old body early and try to force the issue into the hands of the youngster. :idunno:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Should be a tune up or a career tombstone. Either Manning will come out looking mostly like he did when he rallied them against a healthier team and the team will respond to him the way it did last, or...

I'm pretty sure he's 2-5 coming off a bye, which is...kind of hard to believe. As iffy as he's been, and as banged up as Pittsburgh is right now, this game's next to impossible to predict.

Also, I've got a real bad feeling about my Pats. Things have been downright weird in Foxborough lately.:noid:

Maybe the Steelers will take their best blitzing shots and aggravating an old body early and try to force the issue into the hands of the youngster.

Maybe. Could be that Osweiler's rookie nerves get to him or in the heat of the moment he doesn't have time to really freak himself out. This game's an enigma to me.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Also, I've got a real bad feeling about my Pats.

If Maclin doesn't play, or does play and isn't 100%, I think that will be a big advantage for your Patriots.

This game's an enigma to me.

Remember how Bernard Pollard injured Brady, Gronk, and Welker on three different occasions?

Try to imagine if Pollard would have done it all in the same year, and all three of those guys were out or questionable for a playoff game.

That's the position the Steelers are in right now because of Vontaze Burfict.

LeVeon Bell is out for the year because of Burfict. Antonio Brown is out for tomorrows game because of Burfict, and Big Ben has a sprained shoulder and is questionable because of Burfict.

Granite

Hall of Fame
If Maclin doesn't play, or does play and isn't 100%, I think that will be a big advantage for your Patriots.

Perhaps, but Edelman being rusty and Gronk being banged up may offset any advantage.

Remember how Bernard Pollard injured Brady, Gronk, and Welker three different times?

With the Chiefs coming to town I'm not liable to forget the sight of KC defenders rushing Brady.:chuckle:

Try to imagine if Pollard would have done it all in the same year, and all three of those guys were out or questionable for a playoff game.

:shocked:

That's the position the Steelers are in right now.

They're extremely banged up but some teams play through injury better than others. If Peyton was vintage Peyton, I'd say your guys were doomed. They still have more than a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.