NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Stupid Cardinals
You can't have two guys behind and no one between the wr and the ball...remarkable. Well, you can blame the coach first. If he runs the ball on the other end instead of that outside throw on first down then there's no real time for Aaron to get down and send this into overtime.

Now it should be about stepping up. Green Bay looked down and desperate. It's still Arizona's to lose in overtime.

Wow. As I was typing Larry Fitz nearly knocked in a home run. Wow.

And a pitch to Fitzgerald to end it and let's just hand him the game ball. Holy cow. Fun game after the half.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You can't have two guys behind and no one between the wr and the ball...remarkable. Well, you can blame the coach first. If he runs the ball on the other end instead of that outside throw on first down then there's no real time for Aaron to get down and send this into overtime.

Now it should be about stepping up. Green Bay looked down and desperate. It's still Arizona's to lose in overtime.

Wow. As I was typing Larry Fitz nearly knocked in a home run. Wow.

And a pitch to Fitzgerald to end it and let's just hand him the game ball. Holy cow. Fun game after the half.

What a catch and run by LF !!! He's a primetime player

brewmama

Even the coin flip didn't flip.

With all those no calls at the end there I'm sure Green Bay fans were going berserk, but with Aaron , the Hail Mary master, all is forgiven. Green Bay had their chance.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That game was simply...berserk.

WOW. Never seen anything quite like that one.

Go Cards.

I know it's really easy to "Monday morning QB", but if were the Packers, I would have went for two points to win the game after the Hail Mary.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I know it's really easy to "Monday morning QB", but if were the Packers, I would have went for two points to win the game after the Hail Mary.

I don't know.

Plenty is going to be second guessed but not sending it to overtime? After needing a Hail Mary in the first place?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
After needing a Hail Mary in the first place?

That's my point.

If they needed a Hail Mary just to stay even with the Cardinals, what would make the Packers think they could beat them in OT.

The general rule is: When on the road, go for the win, when at home, go for the tie.

Granite

Hall of Fame
That's my point.

If they needed a Hail Mary just to stay even with the Cardinals, what would make the Packers think they could beat them in OT.

The general rule is: When on the road, go for the win, when at home, go for the tie.

Understood. And the story if they don't convert is a big, gutsy call that's being second-guessed.

Kind of a no-win situation, literally and figuratively. I'm sure there's statistical analysis that'd break down the odds of winning if you went to OT versus going for the two-pointer but I don't think McCarthy's necessarily wrong for the decision he made. That game was insane enough for us to expect just about anything.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Drats. I didn't stay up for the end of the game. Looks like I missed a good one. I'll try to see highlights.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Drats. I didn't stay up for the end of the game. Looks like I missed a good one. I'll try to see highlights.
The first entertaining playoff game.

Forgot the models.

I had KC winning 22-20, so KC did about what I thought it could offensively, but collapsed a bit defensively, giving up a td more than it should have.

I had Arizona winning 28-21, so that was by and large on the mark.

I have Carolina 24-23 today and...Denver 24-21 tonight.

I'll be on the road for much of it.

Daniel1769

I was watching the NFC game. That didn't last long. Start of the 2nd quarter and it was over. Guess I'll just kill time until it's time for my Steelers. Here we go!

Status
Not open for further replies.